• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

About WiFi players in Skullgirls on Steam...

the_rpg_king

Maid of Justice
Reaction score
Steam
KnockDownJoe
PSN
rpgking20
Unknown Robo Fortune Double
I don't know if this is the right forum to post this here, but this has been concerning me for a while. I bought the Steam version of Skullgirls 2nd Encore alongside the Season 1 Pass. My laptop doesn't have an ethernet port, so I usually use WiFi since the Steam version has a WiFi indicator, knowing that WiFi players aren't allowed in online tournaments. Is it true that WiFi players are a bit slower than players who use a wired connection? If so, then they are better off playing the PS4 version, right?

Wifi on console isn't any better than wifi on PC. The problem is that a wireless connection is less stable than a wired one, that problem exists regardless of platform.

If your laptop doesn't have a port, you can get a USB adapter for like $5-10.

Wifi on console isn't any better than wifi on PC. The problem is that a wireless connection is less stable than a wired one, that problem exists regardless of platform.

If your laptop doesn't have a port, you can get a USB adapter for like $5-10.
That explains why players who are using WiFi aren't allowed in online tournaments. And if that's the case, I'll get me a USB adapter from Amazon if it means establishing my smooth online experience. I heard it also works on consoles.

That explains why players who are using WiFi aren't allowed in online tournaments. And if that's the case, I'll get me a USB adapter from Amazon if it means establishing my smooth online experience. I heard it also works on consoles.
ur adapter should work just fine on ps4 aswell as computer!

same ethernet adapter i use on my switch works for my laptop/ tablets that dont have a port. itll work well.

By the way, it's actually a USB to ethernet adapter perhaps you weren't clear enough.