• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Ace Attorney Court Room - TAKE THAT! Full game released!

WHOA

WHOA

HOLD UP

WRIGHT HAD NINJA/SAMURAI/WHATEVER DNA IN HIM THE WHOLE TIME

OH MAN

ALSO

PLEASE BRING IT OVER AS "BIG" ACE ATTORNEY

THAT WOULD BE SO CHUCKLES

INB4 SWORDFIGHT BETWEEN NEW PROTAG AND ANCESTOR OF SIMON BLACKQUILL

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Better idea Wright ancestor vs Godot's Ancestor in an epic courtroom trial/coffee throwing match/ sword fight with lots of shouting.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
this would be an interesting localization for sure
wonder how they'd work around the whole japanifornia thing they've set up

(also make Godot's ancestor addicted to tea obviously)

Tea would probably make more sense given the setting. I am wondering if they will have a prosecutor from someone we haven't seen before or have Edgeworth's ancestor as the main prosecutor which would be my preferred take on it.

I hope the characters are actually new and not just "everyone except samurai"
except the judge
judge must be judge

That would probably be good as well as if they were just ancestor versions of themselves it would just be like they had different outfits and were in a different setting and Judge should probably be the same.

Also given that Maya has a long family clan, You could probably guarantee there will be one of her clan there, as long as she isn't maya 2.0 in the Meiji era.

The judge is pretty much unaging in my eyes by now

Or maybe the judge just is kinda...there whenever there's a case to be had

(New Twist: Judge is actually Double)

Reactions: Cybermanworf
I mean
Ryuunosuke doesn't even look too much like Nick, so i'm not too worried
but I wouldn't put it past them to shove Meiji Edgeworth in there and the like

everyday is nonstop hype with you
but I do agree in this instance

I mean
Ryuunosuke doesn't even look too much like Nick, so i'm not too worried
but I wouldn't put it past them to shove Meiji Edgeworth in there and the like
Meiji Edgeworth does seem quite likely. I can just imagine after they release this Meiji era spin off they release Meiji attorney investigations with Meiji era Edgeworth as the main character.

INB4 SWORDFIGHT BETWEEN NEW PROTAG AND ANCESTOR OF SIMON BLACKQUILL
What if new protag is an ancestor of Phoenix AND Simon?!
GapxIUf.gif

Meiji Edgeworth does seem quite likely. I can just imagine after they release this Meiji era spin off they release Meiji attorney investigations with Meiji era Edgeworth as the main character.
yeesh I hope not
The first investigations game was awful and the most good I heard about AAI2 is the stuff involving Edgeworth's dad

The Great Ace Attorney Announcement Trailer

The game is set in the 19th century Japan, otherwise known as the Meiji era, in what was the dawn of law. Serving as the new protagonist is Ryuunosuke Naruhodou (or Ryuunosuke Wright), an ancestor of Ryuuichi Naruhodou (Phoenix Wright). He is accompanied by Susato Mikotoba, who serves as his assistant.

Series creator Shu Takumi is directing the title, while Shintaro Kojima is producing.

And now the localization team is having a meltdown on how they're gonna handle this one. Here's an artist's rendition of how screwed they are:

comic331_zps0e179cf7.png

The Japanifornia Illuminati is after you, Apollo, RUN!!!

Last edited:
That picture never fails to crack me up.

Famitsu Interview

During the interview, Famitsu asks what kind of character Ryuunosuke Naruhodo—who is Phoenix Wright’s ancestor—will be.

“Well, the two keywords are ‘Meiji Period’ and ‘Phoenix’s ancestor’ so you might be able to get an idea from that,” responds Takumi.

All right. What about the new heroine, Susato Mikotoba?

“She’s basically the type of person that she appears to be,” replies Kojima. “Pretty much a graceful Japanese woman, a proper girl who does everything the proper way.”

Famitsu points out that by doing things the right way, does that mean she’ll be taking care of Ryuunosuke in such a manner?

“The Wrights will be Wrights,” says Takumi with a laugh. “I’ve barely met these characters myself, so I can’t exactly say too much about them. I think that we’ll get a better understanding as we go on with production. Some characters show up more while writing the scenario, sometimes when they speak their lines, so we’re kind of waiting for that as we write, for now.”

While on the subject of speaking lines, Takumi mentions that their current challenge is getting the proper Japanese dialect and expressions right. During the Meiji Period, it was a time where there was a lot of focus of jumping into the “new world” of westernization. Occupations such as lawyers were a new thing at the time. One thing they’re being careful of, is not to lose the balance of words and expressions that might be either too old-fashioned or too modern for the era.

Next, Famitsu asks if The Great Ace Attorney’s game flow will be similar to past games of the series.

“I can’t say anything about that for now. However, the image and feel behind its play will be quite different fromall the other Ace Attorney games up until now,” answers Takumi.

When asked if we’ll be seeing any new information on the game soon, Kojima says that he can’t say too much on that front, but they’ll be showing screenshots and all kinds of information in the near future, that will give people a better idea regarding what the game will be like.

Finally, Famitsu asks the two if they could share a message for the fans:

Takumi: “It’s been a while since I’ve participated in making a new Ace Attorney game, and things are a little different from the earlier days; however, as usual, I’ll be doing my best and putting all my effort into it, so that this one [The Great Ace Attorney] won’t lose to the past games I’ve worked on.”

Kojima: “While it’s not a main-numbered Ace Attorney title, it’s the start of a new series called The Great Ace Attorney. I believe that it’s becoming something that can show that it’s not simply just a derivative title. We can’t say too much about it for the time being, but we’ll be revealing more on the characters and their backgrounds next time, which we hope you all can look forward to. It’s really becoming something that gives us high expectations for, so please look forward to it!”

Oh, so Great Ace Attorney is a spin-off. I guess that makes sense, to not muddle the modern-day games too much with the Meiji-era games. However, I suppose more cautions fans would take this as another point against it being localized.

Here's some scans.

ace-attorney-1.jpg

Elementary indeed my dear Watson.

ace-attorney-2.jpg

ace-attorney-3.jpg

That last picture

"Contradictions? Not in my house, gurl"

GGggggguuuuuuuhh...
Like,
I'm not against Watson being a woman.
I thought casting Lucy Liu in Elementary was cool.
But cutesy, pink hair in a bow shape, anime desu, lolita Watson,
the in-canon author of the Sherlock Holmes books being an 8 year old girl,
that's
just
stupid.

Other than that, this looks pretty cool. Don't know what Holmes is doing in Meiji Japan, but whatever.

But cutesy, pink hair in a bow shape, anime desu, lolita Watson,
the in-canon author of the Sherlock Holmes books being an 8 year old girl,
that's
just
stupid.

Other than that, this looks pretty cool. Don't know what Holmes is doing in Meiji Japan, but whatever.

Dude come on don't you know your Sherlock
That's exactly how Holmes and Watson were in the books

Like exactly

For the record I know you're just joking, but I just want to rant some more,
Watson fought in the war!
I get that there's a running thing in Ace Attorney for pre-/pubescent assistants for main characters, and Pearl was kinda stretching it but still worked fine.
But this is an established literary character.
Why????

Because Japan I guess
That place does mysterious things that sometimes escape our comprehension

First footage from The Great Ace Attorney

Just saw this today:
tumblr_n1ouc5UrQI1qe6pnzo1_500.png

tumblr_n1ouc5UrQI1qe6pnzo2_400.png

This makes me want to boot up the Virtual Console and play this case again
One of my favorite cases in the series

http://www.capcom-unity.com/zeroobj...y-trilogy---surprising-tidbits-you-never-knew

Here's a special Halloween post describing trivia on making Ace Attorney games from the game itself (Bikini was so short because of memory issues necessitating her sprites be shrunk, AA2-Case 3 was first brainstormed as AA2-Case 4) and the localization team (how they tackled Jean Armstrong's character, alternate names for Godot <Havamug?!> and actually explaining the Japanifornia phenomenon <it's been headcanon'd that AA-verse Cali is in an alternate-history US that went without anti-Japanese issues and laws>)

The Great Ace Attorney Trailer

BPatOHm.jpg

Ace Attorney 6 Announced!

Famitsu revealed that the title will be playable at Tokyo Game Show this year.

Naturally it’s a 3DS game.
The game is spearheaded by producer Motohide Eshiro and Takeshi Yamazaki, both of them series veterans.​

Oh wow I thought they were planning to end the main series with Dual Destinies, this is great! This is easily one of my favorite video game series and I'm excited to see another one announced.

I hope we get this one. I'm still upset about the last one.

I hope we get this one. I'm still upset about the last one.
I haven't been following news about the Great Ace Attorney because I think it is silly, but are we not getting it?