• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Add auto block timer to allow for reset practice in training

joshb911

Reaction score
Steam
joshb911
Unknown Unknown Unknown
I just want to be able to practice reset options where I can choose how many frames the dummy will not block after a combo.

Just have the dummy block a certain way and practice resets by using attacks that can't be blocked by that direction (i.e. block low, so you attack high).

It's not the same. I want to test the viability of resets based on frames and the reaction time of my opponent (simulated at least)

easy.
do record the reset on the dummy. so the dummy does it and you react your self.
Unless you can do RNG replay then this is absolutely pointless.
Is still impossible to practice timing your reset in a way that it only leaves a 1f gap.
I can't tell if you are in favor of the timer or not lol

Find a reset that gives you routes, be it 50/50 or 33/33/33.
Example here. (I fuck up the timing on the grab, but you get it).
Record the dummy doing all them 3. After, put to play on random order and try to react to each.
Remember that you can erase a dummy recording by holding select.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Find a reset that gives you routes, be it 50/50 or 33/33/33.
Example here. (I fuck up the timing on the grab, but you get it).
Record the dummy doing all them 3. After, put to play on random order and try to react to each.
Remember that you can erase a dummy recording by holding select.
So RNG replay does exist....interesting

iykhgp.png

The "Random" and "Sequential" options only work if you already have something already recorded, if I remember correctly.

You are correct

well they should still add it any ways to make me happy -_-

The way I understood the request, it is the following:
"I do a reset, and I want to learn how to do it as tight as possible"
- AutoBlock: Opponent always blocks the reset
- NoBlock: Opponent never blocks the reset

Wish for additional option:
- "AutoBlock after Gap of [1..5]f"; where Opponent blocks if the next hit happens 2..6f+ after he came out of hitstun, but not if it happened sooner.

So eg I want to do c.LK delay c.MK (to catch upbackers who try to avoid c.LK Throw) as tight as possible, I put "Autoblock after Gap of 2f", then I practice c.LK delay c.MK until it [Resets, but doesn't get Blocked].

There is currently no way of practising this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Broseidon Rex
The way I understood the request, it is the following:
"I do a reset, and I want to learn how to do it as tight as possible"
- AutoBlock: Opponent always blocks the reset
- NoBlock: Opponent never blocks the reset

Wish for additional option:
- "AutoBlock after Gap of [1..5]f"; where Opponent blocks if the next hit happens 2..6f+ after he came out of hitstun, but not if it happened sooner.

So eg I want to do c.LK delay c.MK (to catch upbackers who try to avoid c.LK Throw) as tight as possible, I put "Autoblock after Gap of 2f", then I practice c.LK delay c.MK until it [Resets, but doesn't get Blocked].

There is currently no way of practising this.
Right on the money good sir. Thank you for clarifying it for everyone