• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Analog stick issue

MeTheRebel

Reaction score
Steam
MeTheRebel
Squigly Valentine Unknown
Hello.
I got a gamepad a few weeks ago for this game and the analog stick is giving me issues.
When I tap it down and release it it registers me jumping.
Is this normal(I seriously doubt it) and I should just change the way I use the stick or should I try to have it replaced and hope the next model doesn't do the same thing?

This might be a combination of the joystick dead zone that SG has and the sensitivity of your analog stick. I've had a similar issue with some other games, but those had an option to change the dead zone.

The only fix I can think of right now is to get a controller emulator that lets you edit the controller dead zone.

Is it possible to fix it or tighten it up a little bit on the hardware side?
Maybe by replacing the plastic sticks with a rubber version?

Looks like the spring in the stick is strong enough that when you let go of the stick it bounces back past the central point, just enough to register 'up', before returning to neutral. As you use the gamepad more you'll probably adjust to release the stick a little more gently so that it doesn't overshoot.

Looks like the spring in the stick is strong enough that when you let go of the stick it bounces back past the central point, just enough to register 'up', before returning to neutral. As you use the gamepad more you'll probably adjust to release the stick a little more gently so that it doesn't overshoot.

I don't really have an issue with it until I'm in a bad position and try to do a move and it doesn't register...
Such a stupid way to lose always leaves me salty.

Edit:
I've asked around at a few do it yourself sites and I've been advised to just let the string lose its strength over time.
Thank you for the information Vads, hope you have a nice day.

Last edited: