• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Anime/Manga General Discussion

Watch the anime. There's so much badassery in this series I don't even know where to start.
Oh shit, he's telling me what to do again. This means I'm going to do exactly the opposite.

Seriousy though I tried Rurouni Kenshin before and I didn't like it, I'm not giving it another chance.

Last edited:
Given that we are on the topic of Rurouni Kenshin now, I am just going to put my thoughts, english dub preferred and there are also two OVAs, one of them is bad and one of them is brilliant, although I can't really remember the names of each of them.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
the first one is the good and the second one is also good so it's not that one. The bad one I am reffering to sort of adapts the final arc and then goes into it's own ending.

Ah yes that, good god did I hate that one.

Oh shit, he's telling me what to do again. This means I'm going to do exactly the opposite.

Seriousy though I tried Rurouni Kenshin before and I didn't like it, I'm not giving it another chance.
:/ god forbid anyone recommends something. I'm not telling you what to do you, I'm saying you didn't even get to the best parts which are right after all the main characters are introduced.

You literally said, "Watch the anime." That's an order if I've ever seen one. I can 100% guarantee you that I would not enjoy Rurouni Kenshin even if I watched every single episode. Sometimes you have to accept that people don't like the things that you think are objectively good.

I'm sorry if I sound like an asshole right now but that's how I react when people get pushy.

So I have been watching Samurai Flamenco and, it's really good. being a tokusatsu fan, it really has a lot of love letter moments to the genre.

Stapler-Samurai.gif

tumblr_mv1pvp44Ds1rshzuyo1_500.gif

anigif-samuoraoraorarara_zps28e32eeb.gif~original

ibknme1RI6suku.gif

definitely glad I eventually got around to watching it.

Can I also say that I love how SamFlam's design really feels like it was inspired by Zubat? Not the pokemon the Tokusatsu hero.
zubat5.jpg

so.... I'm watching Captain Earth.

it's not bad. I like it.

Apparently it's a lot like Star Driver, which I should get around to starting in about a month at my current rate of watching anime.

it feels REALLY much like Star Driver. like, theres a point a girl sings and I was just like "yeah, this is Star Driver in space."

I have a question:

I am a Crunchyroll subscriber. I have not just one, but THREE All-Access 48 Hour Guest passes that I can give out to anyone:

85SHXQAZLRY
E3W7V48P6TU
CEG75T6YAQQ

Last edited:
Reactions: Vadsamoht
I wish I actually used my Crunchyroll account.

I have now finished watching Eureka Seven. And is now one of my favorite anime I have watched.

Question though, I know there is a AO OVA serie and a movie. But AO I heard wasn't good. But are they worth a shot?

I know there's a Eureka Seven movie that's apparently pretty good. Haven't seen either the movie or the series, though, so I can't really say.

Do want. Can't have.

I have now finished watching Eureka Seven. And is now one of my favorite anime I have watched.

Question though, I know there is a AO OVA serie and a movie. But AO I heard wasn't good. But are they worth a shot?

AO was a massive disappointment. They REALLY could have gone somewhere, but they didn't. It's almost as if it was originally planned to be another 50-episode series, but they suddenly only had half that amount by the 20th episode.

I wasn't a big fan of the movie, but I suppose it's alright. I guess it's because I was watching it with the series fresh on my mind when it's really an "alternate setting" type deal. The characters have the same name and appearance, but they're completely different people.

so.... I just tried out Polar Bear's Cafe.

I fucking love it.

Grizzly and Sasako are my favorite characters, and I love Polar Bear's voice! so soothing! I can't help but imitate it!
tumblr_m4kfpjUHHK1qclke2.jpg

184px-SasakoBike.jpg
ibtZ58AnOHHHsX.gif

If you haven't watched this anime, you should! it's so happy and cheerful and surprisingly relate-able and such a contrast to what I've been watching as of late. I've been needing an anime like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lemonade Grenade
Alright, I don't know if it's classified as an anime. But oh well.
But after seeing "The Moomins" intro by accident yesterday and being nostalgic, I wonder.
How did "The Moomins" become big in Japan?

Lol Usagi in the original did not care about school either which is why she always gotten those bad test scores. I feel like the new anime designs are good and plus their pretty. Also from an article I read earlier this style is supposed to look like the manga style which it clearly does Unlike the original at least Usagi this time carry her bag to school.

I find the new designs kind of creepy. They looks souless, and now they're even more tall and slim. I feel like they could broke in a second, ew.

the new artstyle is just the original manga style
230px-SMVolume1.jpg

I kinda like sticking to the source material more anyway. just look at Brotherhood.

also, Captain Earth's plot still isn't amazing, but I still really like the characters, and the plot is actually starting to bring some more to the table, plus there was a huge twist in the most recent episode.
Dat Nebula Engine
teppeis-new-machine-nebula.png

Last edited:
I find the new designs kind of creepy. They looks souless, and now they're even more tall and slim. I feel like they could broke in a second, ew.

It's based on Naoko's original art style which is how she wanted them to animate it.

so, I recently watched Tonari no Seki-kun, and I really like it.

slice-of-life comedy with a short run time on each episode. I love it.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
That is another series that looks good that I need to get around to watching, like a crap ton of other series I need to get through.

well, you can easily add Seki-kun in your schedule considering each episode is less than 8 minutes.

ah short episode series, well it's not like it adds much just a bit more to the few dozen series I gonna get through at some point.

One of the thing I am getting through is all the gundam series, the one I have started with AGE and It's good from time to time but, some things about that show really annoy me.