• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Anime/Manga General Discussion

Haganai had nipples.
and other ecchi animes still have nips.

btw:
CApcrGMWwAENUCd.jpg

Last edited:
hopefully shit gets explained.

because I've seen some reactions of people watching it now and they are not all too happy.

at least there's build fighters.

speaking of, I hear they might be doing another one after Try.

yer goddamn right you will, you baby back bitch. >n> kidding kidding
and yer gonna buy all the plastic model kits they throw at you.
Bandai owns you AND your wallet.

also, seeing as I heard Linkin Park loves Gundam,
when are we gonna get the crossover we deserve,
and have a Gundam opening with both Back-On AND Linkin Park?

Last edited:
honestly I have a pal that's been following Build Fighters religiously and he's been hating Try lately
so i might just
watch just the first season when the mood strikes
if it strikes

So, after watching Tokyo Ghoul up to S2EP10, here is my in-depth analysis of the entire series (Please note that I have not read the manga and have no intentions to, and that I came into this series mostly blind. Also, spoilers).

Ehh.

Seriously though, it's okay I guess. Kaneki Ken continues to have a stupid name and goals as easy to puzzle out as a 20x20x20 Rubix Cube. Started cannibalizing other ghouls to get stronger, I guess. Kinda stupid. Also, no idea why he keeps getting caught up in Rize's grudges, seems like it would be quite simple to just say 'Organ transplant' and avoid, like, half of his problems. Hide still knows shit, and I want to know what, though I doubt I'll find out. Tsukiyama's continued not-being-dead-ness pisses me off to no end. Touka's boring, and I guess owner dude is the Owl? Also, I wish they would stop trying to make Mado out as not a scumbag, because it doesn't work and just drags down Amon's character when every other line is 'Oh man, I sure am sad that some maniac died'. Mado's daughter is boring, but intentionally so I guess it makes it alright? Suzuya cool I guess, still don't get the deal with those Aogiri twins, though I seriously doubt that I'll find out. Overall rating 6/10. Meh.

honestly I have a pal that's been following Build Fighters religiously and he's been hating Try lately
so i might just
watch just the first season when the mood strikes
if it strikes
I have said, especially on here, that Try is not as good as the first series.
that said, Try is still not bad.
it's just not as good as the first.
the first Build Fighters was just that good though.

wow that gundam thread sure went far
we had a gundam thread?
wtf how did I not know this?

the Thailand champ's look of shock when he was announced the winner is just magical.

speaking of, that final battle in episode 24 of Try was fuckin' sick.

Last edited:
So, after watching Tokyo Ghoul up to S2EP10, here is my in-depth analysis of the entire series (Please note that I have not read the manga and have no intentions to, and that I came into this series mostly blind. Also, spoilers).

Ehh.

Seriously though, it's okay I guess. Kaneki Ken continues to have a stupid name and goals as easy to puzzle out as a 20x20x20 Rubix Cube. Started cannibalizing other ghouls to get stronger, I guess. Kinda stupid. Also, no idea why he keeps getting caught up in Rize's grudges, seems like it would be quite simple to just say 'Organ transplant' and avoid, like, half of his problems. Hide still knows shit, and I want to know what, though I doubt I'll find out. Tsukiyama's continued not-being-dead-ness pisses me off to no end. Touka's boring, and I guess owner dude is the Owl? Also, I wish they would stop trying to make Mado out as not a scumbag, because it doesn't work and just drags down Amon's character when every other line is 'Oh man, I sure am sad that some maniac died'. Mado's daughter is boring, but intentionally so I guess it makes it alright? Suzuya cool I guess, still don't get the deal with those Aogiri twins, though I seriously doubt that I'll find out. Overall rating 6/10. Meh.
All this can be explained with one simple phrase. "Anime exclusive plotline".
The anime hits some of the major plot beats from the manga (which is interesting but not the best. Not bad either.) But the things it misses really detract from the context of certain characters and their growth.

I find it hilarious that random episodes of Try that come out at the same time as Reco-G are able to get more views than episodes of RecoG on gundaminfo

like, an episode of Try from 5 weeks ago has more views than Reco-G's pilot. I can't help but get a bit of a chuckle out of that.

Last edited:
I've heard of it I think, is it the one with the weener jokes? c:
Why yes, it's exactly that one, the jokes are that Ippo's penis is extremely big compared to his small size, the manga states that it's so big it goes below his knees WITHOUT a boner.

well G-Reco and Death Parade ended
now I'm just waiting for lesbian bear storm to end and then not know what to do with my life for a while
i guess I'll start Blood Blockade Battlefront when it comes out
Yasuhiro Nightow is great after all

the wait for the last episode of Try is horrible.

speaking of, I was talking to some people from another forum and I think we found out why Try is not as good as the original:

the teams. the problem with a 25 episode series is that it's not enough time for every character in several teams to be developed and get enough spotlight, so it either has to choose between having a team that is easily thrown away and forgotten, or a team with one special snowflake member. the team thing worked for Reiji and Sei in the first series because their entire synergy was two sides of the same coin. the Try fighters on the other hand each have their own storyline which you have to deal with. my main problem with the female meijin comes from this in that she has literally no character of her own, and her sole reason for existing is to give hoshino and shia a rivalry. everything else about her is literally the third meijin, who had a whole series to become a well liked character, and nothing else past that.

even with these flaws, Try is not bad, just not as good as the first series, and many people in the forum I talked to look forward to another installment of Build Fighters. but if they do teams again make it 50 episodes so that EVERY team member introduced can have a chance to shine.

but yo, I wan't more of that Tryon3. I DEMAND MORE SUPER ROBOT COMBINERS IN MY PLASTIC MODEL FIGHTING SHOW!

also, MORE FLAMENCO!

Last edited:
I'm mad that we only got to see half of Sei's face, oh crap I still need to see the last g-reco ep then cry that its over. Also oh my god the clips of Ippo my friend showed me all involved dat giant peen

yeah, only half of Sei's face was kinda BS.

I want Reiji and Aila to return and Reiji comes in with a beard, then shaves it off and is like "I removed my limiters. now let's fight with our gunpla" then he whips out his beginning gundam that he kept all these years.

Then during mid battle Aila gives birth to his son, thus beginning season 3
and then we have Domon helping deliver the baby revealing that he is Sekai's master which surprises no one, and him being a doctor is a nice nod to Domon's english actor retiring to become a doctor.

and then they give the baby a Shin Musha Gundam. because it's a hype ass gundam.

and then Tomino walks in and his arms are crossed and he's super butthurt and is like "this is okay, I GUESS!"

Jesus Christ now I just saw the Tokyo ghoul ending, I was not prepared for 2 whammies in one day...my soul is dead, my heart is ash and now I'm hanging from a ceiling fan

there's only 2 things i want right now from Gundam:

give us the Crossbone anime. we know Bandai is super supportive of it, Sunrise just needs to make it, so make it.

and give us an anime for the Tryon 3. done in an old school super robot anime fashion.

you can't tell me you wouldn't love something like this
B8TGgLdCEAATuNX.jpg

Crossbone anime is the mythical beast of gundam
it'll take a miracle for us to get it
or at least another 5-ish years

yo, for crossbone Bandai has been pumping out: model kits, a robot damashii, and it was the feature gundam of Lucas Nemesis in Build Fighters Try.
Bandai is super okay with the crossbone.

I really feel they are gonna unveil the crossbone anime any day now.

problem with Crossbone anime is that Tomino wrote the original story and after G-Reco my tinfoil hat told me Sunrise wanted to force him into retirement

well they very obviously cut down the episodes on G-Reco from a longer series to 26 episodes
honestly Crossbone could just follow in F-91's footsteps and just be 13 episodes crammed into a 2 and a half hour long movie

problem with Crossbone anime is that Tomino wrote the original story and after G-Reco my tinfoil hat told me Sunrise wanted to force him into retirement
but Crossbone is finished, and is popular. Bandai is willing to throw plenty of money at it for exposure, whether it be an anime appearance or figures and model kits.

depends what you mean by "finished", really
the first Crossbone Gundam story finished
but there's still Skull Heart (heh) and Steel Seven
and Ghost is still ongoing, even
plus who doesn't want to see Grey Stoke and the Gump
i know i do
because then Grey Stoke and the Gump can be anime canon

Back