• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Anime/Manga General Discussion

a boy who wants to be a girl and a girl who wants to be a boy
puberty
change
that kind of stuff
it handles transgenderism about 5000% better than most other japanese works, so it has that going for it
the art isn't that great, but the material laid out really well and the characters are pretty nuanced
I'd say to give it a read, if you're looking for a story like it
Pretty sure it ended about a year back.
It's a fantastic series.

you know what anime is also good?

FMA: Brotherhood.

God, I love Brotherhood.

FMA Brotherhood is also really good.

Is it worth watching the 2003 version of the full metal alchemist anime?

Just curious because I have only seen the Manga and the brotherhood anime.

it's
pretty different
like massively different
they're completely different stories
the 2003 series isn't exactly bad but it certainly has it's own thing going on and whether or not it was good is still a point of division

In what way is the difference necessarily bad, I Imagine some characters were different personality wise or something but I can't see some differences being that bad. Of course I haven't watched the series so I can't say.

FMA original isn't bad.

Brotherhood just blows it out of the fucking water.

plus they don't have a lot of the Homunculi and have some original characters, Greed isn't anywhere near as cool as he is in brotherhood, the Xing characters also don't exist. it's just kind of a letdown after watching Brotherhood.

It's also kind of the difference between what stages you get between the Console and 3DS versions of Sonic Generations: the first bit of the story is the same, than they fork away so fast you'd swear you were watching Toriko (also a good series, watch it.)

uuumm, How bad is the Toriko Anime then if I may ask?

it has a lot of filler that isn't really good and changes some events in canon arcs for the lesser
it's just not a very good adaptation

Reactions: Cybermanworf
I like the manga, but it doesn't have the over the top narrator or Ian Sinclair as Toriko, plus I can get more involved if a given manga has an anime. It's kind of a subjective thing, but I at least try both to see which one I would rather follow, though I do try to follow the manga of whatever anime i'm watching (damn Durarara anime being so far behind the manga).

Ore ga Doutei o Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite ended today.

I'm okay with that kind of ending.

Time to get back to Oukoku Game, I almost forgot about how godlike it was.

It's pretty anime worthy, it would work within the confines of an animated television show very well.

If Monster Musume got an anime, who would you want to animate it?
I'd go for Bones.

and also, who would you want in the voice dub?
Colleen Clickenbeard for Cerea and Cherami Leigh as LaLa.

If Monster Musume got an anime, who would you want to animate it?
I'd go for Bones.

and also, who would you want in the voice dub?
Colleen Clickenbeard for Cerea and Cherami Leigh as LaLa.
gainax

I love the way gainax draws curves.

Gainax would be okay but they probably wouldn't be as detailed as Bones though. not a bad choice though.

I just wanna see how they'd do drawing the monster poeplez.

I'm already behind on my Summer anime, goddammit.

I really havent been paying attention to much in terms of recent anime. I'm more trying to catch up on stuff I didnt get to in the past couple of years.

I fell off when I realized that nothing is really interesting
Tokyo Ghoul is a bad adaptation
Aldnoah is garbage
and Zankyou no Terror is starting to fizzle out
it's a little depressing
been a while since I've watch this many shows at once

Like, guys, seriously.

get hype.

because this is the same studio that brought this shit
sorry for double posting

Well, no.

but I'd say even better. because Garo is fuckin' hype and Woolie approved.

eh. I don't care about mighty number 9 and the cartoon really feels like it's directed towards a younger audience.

not for me, but I might check it out.

I'm seriously calling the Garo anime my anime of 2014. already. doubly so if Zero is in there at some point.

its directed towards eople who were into the megaman series (at leastthats what im getting since it looks no different). but you could be right. i didnt look that deep into it though.

don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I think it'll be bad or anything, and going for a younger audience is never a bad thing. I just feel like it's not for me since I never had that megaman nostalgia.

could be good though and I'm willing to check it out.

but seriously, you guys have no idea how excited I am for Garo. like, the actual series is balls to the walls in terms of action and the characters are all badasses. I can't wait for it and I fear Aniplex might pick it up and dear god I hope not...

don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I think it'll be bad or anything, and going for a younger audience is never a bad thing. I just feel like it's not for me since I never had that megaman nostalgia.

could be good though and I'm willing to check it out.

but seriously, you guys have no idea how excited I am for Garo. like, the actual series is balls to the walls in terms of action and the characters are all badasses. I can't wait for it and I fear Aniplex might pick it up and dear god I hope not...

nah its all good. remember people have opinions man. you and i may this somethings gold and the others might think its trash lol.

Aaaaaand that's the number 1 reaction anyone watching an anime will have to anything.
:PUN:
just wait till you see the shit that happens in Garo.
:PUN:

Finished Wandering Son
Solid B+
I would definitely recommend it.

Tokyo Ghoul 138.

Oh jeez.

Ooooohhhh jeeeezzzzz

Guess what I'm watching atm :P

I will give you a clue: "DRAGON SLAVE"!

♪Little girl, little breast
Scares a dragon from it's nest♪

Own all the series, movies, and ovas.

Last edited:
so, I'm watching Kuroko's Basketball with a friend, and it made me realize, there are quite a good amount of sports anime out there.

what all are your favs?

Mine are Slam Dunk, and Kuroko. Eyeshield is a good runner up but the manga is way better.