• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Anime/Manga General Discussion

yeah but I'm talking about Gintama.

it's the anime of the year EVERY year.

I don't know. You know your anime is screwed when the main character is even pessimistic about it
Not+even+the+main+character+has+faith+sakata+gintoki+of_d18336_4505695.gif
4nc0rFh.jpg
I prefer Kintama or Mantama

Speaking of Gintama, about the manga....

Rip Shogun and maybe even Kondo? This is probably the most serious arc in the manga so far. Makes me forget that this is usually sitcom comedy style.

Last edited:
>Talking about anime of the year
>January

C'mon people, we've fallen into this trap before.
Yeah, but this time I'm right.

Reactions: Vadsamoht
yo, does Favaro in Bahamut stop being a jackass? because if he could stop trying to literally and figuratively backstab demon girl that'd be really nice.

Favaro being a completely unashamed jackass is one of the defining reasons why I enjoy that character actually. So many protagonists are just goody tooshoo generic self inserts that Favaro feels like a breath of fresh air in comparison, it's great.

Favaro being a completely unashamed jackass is one of the defining reasons why I enjoy that character actually. So many protagonists are just goody tooshoo generic self inserts that Favaro feels like a breath of fresh air in comparison, it's great.
yeah, but I like my characters to eventually stop being jackasses in my fantasy series that does everything I want to in fantasy.

which Bahamut's world is amazing. I love it. I can do without Favaro.

Despite Aldnoah Zero being stupid as fuck I can't help but enjoy how the events have unfolded in Season 2. The first 3 episodes of S2 have sort of reminded me why I was so into the series during the first 3 episodes of S1. Yeah the characters and overlying conflict doesn't make a lick of sense within the context of what happened in S1 and Earth should have been fucked right to hell after the shit that happened in Russia but they've found a way to focus in on the aspects that made the show originally catch my eye. Hopefully there isn't another huge drop in quality like last time though.

yeah, but I like my characters to eventually stop being jackasses in my fantasy series that does everything I want to in fantasy.

which Bahamut's world is amazing. I love it. I can do without Favaro.

Without going into detail, the answer to your original question is yes, he does get less asshole-ish over time.

Despite Aldnoah Zero being stupid as fuck I can't help but enjoy how the events have unfolded in Season 2. The first 3 episodes of S2 have sort of reminded me why I was so into the series during the first 3 episodes of S1. Yeah the characters and overlying conflict doesn't make a lick of sense within the context of what happened in S1 and Earth should have been fucked right to hell after the shit that happened in Russia but they've found a way to focus in on the aspects that made the show originally catch my eye. Hopefully there isn't another huge drop in quality like last time though.

Without going into detail, the answer to your original question is yes, he does get less asshole-ish over time.
Ep3 definitely made me hate Slaine a little less, I didn't expect him to play SaucyButt like that

Ep3 definitely made me hate Slaine a little less, I didn't expect him to play SaucyButt like that

No I still pretty much hate Slaine at the same levels as I did before. He's still a profound idiot.

AyeARqj.png

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
I watched first and second season of an anime called Silver Spoon. It's about fucking farming but maaan it got me
The characters are very pleasant and the situations realistic. It's a slice of life high school anime and I suggest it if you like the genre

I have watched some silver spoon anime with my cousin. I didn't really get hocked into it but it was fun. My cousin on the other hand has watched both seasons and is buying the manga serie, both English (or was it Swedish?) and Japanese!

Super excited about Digimon Adventure Tri. Was never satisfied with just two season even with the movies.

One day I hope they make a new Digimon series with the dark tone of Digimon Tamers, I liked it.

I've also heard some pretty good things about Shirobako from a friend of mine. It sounds like a pretty neat little show about voice acting
they even went out of their way to get amateur voice actors to play the amateur voice actors.

I plan to get on Shirobako sometime because it looks interesting. I'm not quite willing to believe the hype on anything about the anime/manga industry simply because of the fact that most people interested in anime would be interested in the industry anyway and so might claim to enjoy it more than they would if an identical-quality work was created about, say, fishmongering.

I feel your pain, Necromancer.
Also I need to watch more Miyazaki films. Starting with grave of the fireflies so that everything else from there is happier. I hope.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
you know
even though people got mad at Parasyte for having dubstep
the OST has some really tasty tunes
sick beatz, as it were

okay so, I'm on the last stretch of Gundam Build Fighters.
still amazing.
Julian is so cool even though he's only in one episode.
I love Felini.
I hate how the main character gundam is based on a SEED design.
though I like that their backup is based on Gundam MK II. cuz that design is great.

Rinko is still my favorite character.

Back-On proves again that they are amazing for openings.

lol I didn't realize it was your first time seeing it, BTW Ruin DEM VENUS SUITS
I'm fresh off of Gundam X so seeing Nakai as Kia is highly amusing to me
also yeaaaahhhh those suits were hype

also I'm 6 episodes into Lesbian Bear Storm and all I can gather about this series so far is
there's lesbians
there's bears
and there's storms

no. not until it's done because then I can marathon it.

also, if you can't respect the OG that is Mr. Ral, any alliance we could have formed is dead.

Death Parade has been pretty cool so far.
Ginti is a dick and a half though

i was looking for something on TV and came across a history channel documentary of some WWII pacific navy battles and, I swear, the thing was narrated by the voice actor of Jet from Cowboy Bebop. Then I thought "This is pretty much how the dub of Kantai Collection is going to turn out, isn't it?"

that guy is also the narrator for Outlaw Star.
check out Outlaw Star.
Outlaw Star is really tight.
I love Outlaw Star.

It got bluray version recently, didn't it?