• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Anime/Manga General Discussion

i don't think i could pull it off
i'm a few inches short of being a bara, tbh

Anyone can pull it off as long as they have a good body.

well i've got muscle it's hiding under a layer of pudge

What's some dang good-ass recent-ish slice of life that shouldn't be missed? Out of all I've seen (which is like, none post 2009) the only one I still really value and would watch again is Azumanga, which is probably my favorite anime, period. I dunno anything about recent anime, so it's safe to assume I haven't seen it.

if you haven't seen lucky star or watamote I would highly recommend those. There's also B gata H Kei.

Watamote was also horribly misunderstood
in a bad way

i cant count how many times i was unconformable , plus how many times i cringed ,and yet I was strangely amused. I Finished it satisfied but i wanted more of it.

Watamote fell off the radar for me, after 5 or so episodes I just stopped for some reason.

was it still going when you stopped?
Uh yeah as far as I know. Why, was it cancelled?

Uh yeah as far as I know. Why, was it cancelled?
no. I think you hit a phase when you just didn't care about a series enough to wait for the subs to come out or find subs. it happens to me a lot.

unless that actually isnt the case =w=

No that's not the case. What your saying implies that I started watching Watamote raw. Are you telling me that you watch some anime without dubs or subs? How is that even possible? Do you speak Japanese?

I stopped becauseit got to the point that I felt like I was watching a snuff film...
I still read the manga though. Damn some of it hits too close to home though.

Reactions: SHODAN
one series i never see mentioned as much is Hajime no Ippo. apparently its one of the most popular sports anime out there right next to eyeshield 21. sucks that sports anime and manga arent really as common at least in my area it seems.

No that's not the case. What your saying implies that I started watching Watamote raw. Are you telling me that you watch some anime without dubs or subs? How is that even possible? Do you speak Japanese?
no I meant did you STOP watching because you didn't want to have to wait for subs anymore. I mean, I didn't finish Kamen Rider W because I got so sick of waiting for subs. (I'm gonna try to finish it though soon B) )

one series i never see mentioned as much is Hajime no Ippo. apparently its one of the most popular sports anime out there right next to eyeshield 21. sucks that sports anime and manga arent really as common at least in my area it seems.

Slam Dunk is also a great sports anime.

NO, I'm not an impatient person dude, I just got fucking bored of it.

sports are for losers

why? what do you have against sports? i can understand people with big egos and who think their better just cause they do one, but i don't think it means we are losers if we are in just in them.

I've already said
I don't start fights
I start parties
Mario Parties
come get some, loser

I've already said
I don't start fights
I start parties
Mario Parties
come get some, loser

OH ITS ON. YOU DOUBT MY MARIO PARTY SKILLS, YOU MUST DIE.

Lucky star I really wasn't a fan of. I'll check out those other series though, thanks guys. :o

Lucky star I really wasn't a fan of. I'll check out those other series though, thanks guys. :o
Ignore everything that everybody else said and just watch Nichijou, you'll thank me.

Reactions: SHODAN
Lucky Star was still good though. I love the slife of life yet still oddball antics that it had. also anything that has a well placed Kamen Rider reference is good in my book.

Reactions: CapnWTF
Little Busters! anime is another recent slice-of-life work to get into, that is if you don't mind feels especially in the second season.

KARATE SHOUKOUSHI KOHINATA MINORU is another good sports manga that is centered around competitive karate and other fighting styles.

I started Franken Fran recently
It's a really good series if you like TotC-style horror
some good laughs and happy moments in there too

Reactions: Lemonade Grenade
Franken Fran's a pretty interesting (sometimes) satire. The author clearly put a lot of work into writing believable (to some extent) explanations for the medical mysteries. I'm a little sad that it ended at 60-ish chapters, though.

So while im rewatching Samurai Champloo, I feel like Space Dandy was based on Nagamitsu from Episode 8

char_22043.jpg
Sometimes this image doesnt work. Just right click and open in new tab
Space-Dandy-1.jpg

I know they have somewhat different personalities, and Space Dandy has a lot more animation budget in his design, but I get the exact same vibe from both of them. Anybody else think so?

Last edited:
I've been watching a bit more anime now that I'm on spring break. I started watching Kill La Kill today, and it's pretty good, one of the best animes I've seen. I've also gotten into Naruto lately, so I started reading the manga online. I'm also gonna start watching Attack on Titan soon.

guys, I recently got a Hulu Plus membership, and it has my favorite anime series ever.

Tiger-Bunny-ep1-7-main-thumb-630xauto-36790.jpg

God I love Tiger & Bunny

Tiger & Bunny is pretty great.

GOOD LUCK MODE...3...2...1...
TIGER & BUNNY, OVER AND OUT

I hear its made 2 movies and it might be getting a second season. Please let the latter be true! The world needs more anime like Tiger & Bunny!

The first Tiger and Bunny movie is just a redo of the first few episodes of the anime with some new stuff included. I don't know what the second one is about but its supposed to be an original story. I haven't seen anything about a new season but it totally deserves it and there's so much more they can do with it. My favorite new anime in recent years I was hooked from beginning to end.

I was listening to this awesome mashup and it got me interested in Chuunibyou. Is there anyone here who could tell me whether or not I should watch it? Oh and don't tell me to listen to Kendrick Lamar because I already do that.

Last edited: