• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Anime/Manga General Discussion

all I know is the main girl got a booty that just wont stop. but it seems to be a pretty good moe slice of life sort of anime to me. its on hulu plus so I'll definitely check it out between Tiger & Bunny and Samurai Flamenco.

speaking of, without going too heavy into the plot, what does everyone think of Samurai Flamenco? I've only seen the first episode and I didnt think it was bad at all. then again, I love tokusatsu so it appeals to me in that sense from square one. :PUN:

Yeesh, moe slice of life sounds awful. Now unless someone who's actually watched the show tells me otherwise I think I'm just going to go with Michiko & Hatchin for now.

Oh and Sano I'm going to watch Kamen Rider W soon.

Reactions: BZ Choy
speaking of, without going too heavy into the plot, what does everyone think of Samurai Flamenco? I've only seen the first episode and I didnt think it was bad at all. then again, I love tokusatsu so it appeals to me in that sense from square one. :PUN:
If you watch past around episode 10 you'll be severely disappointed. Animation quality, plot direction, and writing plummet after that point. It's practically a different series at that point.

Seriously, the first 10 eps are awesome and the last 12 are crap.

Yeesh, moe slice of life sounds awful. Now unless someone who's actually watched the show tells me otherwise I think I'm just going to go with Michiko & Hatchin for now.
please take note that the only major parts I've seen are abridged versions done by Excaliborg, so I could be missing a lot of chunks of the show.

You shouldn't recommend a show that you haven't even seen yet.

I technically never actually recommended it, I just said what I thought it looks like. but, I can see where the confusion would start, so, sorry about that.

You said that you think it looks good, that's enough to influence someone, but whatever.

I've decided to watch everything directed by Shinichirō Watanabe, since everything I've seen by him has consistently been amazing in my view. First is Michiko & Hatchin, then after that I'll watch Samurai Champloo.
After that I don't know what to watch next. Any recommendations?

Wait I just read that Watanabe is just the producer for Michiko & Hatchin. Still it looks good enough to watch first.

after you're done with that you should watch Tiger & Bunny
tiger-bunny-movie.jpg

Reactions: CapnWTF
watch episode 5 of season 2
that's all you need to care about everything else is just okay but S2E5 is perfect

I've decided to watch everything directed by Shinichirō Watanabe,

List is short and sweet

Cowboy Bebop(I'm about halfway through. Bought the disc set for when my internet isnt working or something)
Samurai Champloo(Was pretty bangin)
Space Dandy(Is pretty good, a few episodes behind but man did they give this guy some animation budget)

Lupin III: A Woman Called Fujiko Mine.

Watanabe did the music on this and I've heard it's pretty good.

tumblr_n24m2twVo91s2te51o1_500.png

At first I was panicking since I thought it was Kill La Kill since I tried it out last night and the thought of me THINKING of using Senketsu is just NOPENOPENOPE, but then was relieved when I remembered I watched an episode of One Piece just before going to bed. Now that I can do, Third Gear all day everyday.

Then I'm either Kyon from Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or Raku from Nisekoi.

I tried to watch Chuunibyou (did I spell that right?) and I couldn't get into it because it was too cringe-y. Some people think that's funny, and that's cool, but I stopped watching it for the same reason I stopped watching Watamote(I still read Watamote tho).

Happy Fukua day you guys!

The last anime I watched had 3 main characters though. Does that mean I am all of them?

The last anime I watched had 3 main characters though. Does that mean I am all of them?
You're that one you seen last in watched episode. :PUN:

So then I'm Hiyori from Noragami :C
2ui9px5.jpg

You're that one you seen last in watched episode. :PUN:

So then I'm Hiyori from Noragami :C
2ui9px5.jpg

I can live with that then
images

Reactions: Denizen
Well, I'm that purple-haired guy from Shiki. Or that doctor. Or that monk-you know what, I can't really tell who the main character of that series is. Regardless, life is gonna suck.

So, what's everyone watching this Spring 2014 season?

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - Damn right this is my #1 priority show! Already watched the 1st episode and I'm happy.
Nisekoi (Continuing from Winter 2014) - Not the most original romcom anime, but I like the Shaft artstyle and the characters.
Blade & Soul - It wasn't bad. The 1st episode felt kind of average to me.

And here's a list of shows I'm going to try watching and hope to find something great:

Last edited:
Mushishi is nice yes every episode is like a mini Ghibli film and 2nd season looks like it'll keep up with that.

Watching that is currently ongoing...

NiseKoi- That Jump Romance Comedy work where this awkward couple have to pretend to be in love with each other to avoid family war that SHAFT is handling. Still waiting for Tachibana to appear because that is when things get good.

The Irregular at Magic High School - That LN anime adaption handled by Madhouse about how this nearly emotionless protagonist enters this magic school (the kind of magic where "science" explains it) with his skilled sister who is infatuated with him (expect a bunch of "Oni Sama" but no actual incest).

The problem for him is he has next to no capability to utilize any magic (despite him being incredibly smart in the "theory" portion) so he is branded a "weed". Weeds are the clique of students who are not as promising students compared to the "blooms" (his sister is one) who show greater potential.

However despite his lack in utilizing actual magic he can handle his own just fine due to Hand-to-Hand special ninjutsu training he received means he is in great physical shape for physical combat and him armed with a special custom made pistol weapon that can "cancel" out any magic usage from his opponent if hit. Not to mention he usually knows more about the actual magic attacks then his opponents does (remember he is smart in the "theory" portion) so he can react to "negate it" accordingly. This naturally gets him recruited into the Disciplinary Committee despite being a branded weed and things only get started from there.

I haven't watched it yet since it premiers today, but as long as it doesn't detract from the original story and is not overly fan-servicey then I won't drop it.

Edit: ok based on the first episode my fear was avoided. Production values looked good and it's faithful to the LN outside of some minor cuts which I'm with for an anime adaption. Much faster pace compare to the LN as well and the voice work/music is top notch too. No excessive fan-service either.

There are a couple older anime in my backlog that I haven't got around finishing yet, but they aren't worth mentioning and would only watch after the above two are finished.

Mushishi is nice yes every episode is like a mini Ghibli film and 2nd season looks like it'll keep up with that.
Mushi-Shi is the best right before you go to bed.

I'm going to do something I've never done before, READ MANGA.

1. Attack on Titan is one of my favorite anime ever so I'll read that when I find it online.

2. Soul Eater recently ended so I've downloaded that to my computer, which I will then download to my Kindle.

3. The wonderful @Soitenly introduced me to Gangsta so I'll read that too.

Reactions: Soitenly
I'm going to do something I've never done before, READ MANGA.

1. Attack on Titan is one of my favorite anime ever so I'll read that when I find it online.

2. Soul Eater recently ended so I've downloaded that to my computer, which I will then download to my Kindle.

3. The wonderful @Soitenly introduced me to Gangsta so I'll read that too.
read Cromartie High.

I'm not taking recommendations.

I watched the first two episodes of Kamen Rider W.

Meh.

I watched the first two episodes of Kamen Rider W.

Meh.
well, at least you tried it. not everyone is a fan of tokusatsu. sorry you didn't enjoy it though.

If by Tokusatsu you mean stuff that looks like Kamen rider and Power Rangers, then yeah I don't like that stuff.

If by Tokusatsu you mean stuff that looks like Kamen rider and Power Rangers, then yeah I don't like that stuff.
Tokusatsu is a Japanese term for live-action and special effects stuff.

not just Kamen Rider, but Godzilla and other things like that.

Anybody reading Drifters here?

Critizen over here

But I have a friend who showed me some tokusatsu/sentai stuff and I can see why you would say meh. It's not really bad... it's just something you either like or don't like.
I recently got into the Yugi-mans(playing, not watching) and it's pretty fun. Anybody else here play since I doubt there's a Card Games on motorcycles thread?

Oh and does anybody keep up with Karakuridoji Ultimo? I bailed after the 3rd volume because it got too...homoerotic for me. has it improved? gotten worse?

Critizen over here

But I have a friend who showed me some tokusatsu/sentai stuff and I can see why you would say meh. It's not really bad... it's just something you either like or don't like.
I think one show that should be the make or break of whether you might like tokusatsu or not, is Garo. cuz that show is directed towards older audiences, and its just fucking amazing.

I love Garo.
Garo_Yami.jpg

It's so good...

Oh yeah, Mushishi second season! Is mine 10/10, I hop it will be as good as first.

>Ninja Slayer: Karate Pistol Fist Suicide
WTF with that title.

can we choose to not celebrate Gundam's creator?

no
just because Tomino doesn't like Attack on Titan doesn't negate all the contributions that he and his works have made in the anime world, doing so just makes you come across as an immature brat
plus he's a pretty cool dude irl
i mean he's an old japanese man that's cool with Koreans (and verbally beat the shit out of some dudes giving an actress shit for being half Korean), that some rad shit there, son