• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project Annie...In Motion!

you guys and thinking people can't fight with extremely heavy swords. Real badasses fight with swords they can barely lift. Ryu from kamen rider W is proof of that. B)

What if Annie's sword is plastic? It could just be a prop, and be used more like hitting someone with a ruler. A really wide ruler.

There's no way it's plastic, unless that's somehow a Skullgirl's kryptonite. She actually fights Skullgirls outside of her show. Besides, an actual prop sword would be made of foam, wood or really crappy dulled metal.

OH MY GOD ANNIE DESPERATELY NEEDS A SCARF TO BLOW IN THE WIND.
F9o6Ldz.gif
hahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

pay attention to the guy in red at around 44:14. he's the guy with the heavy sword that I'm talking about. also you should watch this movie in it's entirety if you're a fan of Kamen Rider W, hard boiled detectives and just sheer manliness.

Last edited:
you guys and thinking people can't fight with extremely heavy swords.
I don't think that at all, I just think that Annie's sword isn't heavy, you know what happens when you assume.

I just think it would be cooler if her sword were so fucking heavy that it breaks the ground when she drags it and she can barely lift it with one hand! its not saying she's weak its showing that she can lift a sword THAT HEAVY!

well, considering what Alex has drawn up
fvvdr4.jpg

a variety of Annie's specials look as though centrifugal force would be required. specifically: Galaxy Cutter, North Sword, Crescent Cut, and Destruction Pillar.

Also, the other specials Annie has could also be used as defensive, aside from Sputkick which is specifically her divekick.

we technically have no idea how fast Annie would be, but I think it'd be cool if she had a heavier weapon over one that feels light or strong enough to wield as though it was light.

Still not convinced, Annie is still fast.
she can have a heavy weapon, but still be fast. like Terui in the W Forever movie, he actually is able to swing his sword (his other hand is supporting the weight on the blade end) and is able to take on multiple masquerades, and even hold his own against a dude with multiple guns, who can also turn into a monster that is part gun.

:PUN: not saying Annie isn't fast, but I think it would be cooler if her weapon was super heavy.

The moves from the concept art look like they have a lot of weight behind them. The sword doesn't need to be super heavy, but it does appear to be on the heavier side. Besides, she appears to have rocket shoes. Those'll speed her up.

I don't think it would be cooler, or rather I should say I don't think it would be fitting.
I have to say, I don't agree with this. Annie is a girl who won't grow up because of the Skullheart. She has outlived and will outlive everyone she knows. In my mind, that would be a heavy weight to carry around. She has also taken it upon herself to constantly fight against this great evil. An evil that could easily destroy the world. So she also carries the weight of the world on her shoulders. I feel that her sword could be a representation of that weight. And in that respect, a heavy sword is totally fitting.

But then again, I'm probably looking too deeply into this.

I don't think it would be cooler, or rather I should say I don't think it would be fitting.
I agree. I'm not really sure why her sword should be super heavy. It seems arbitrary.

I agree. I'm not really sure why her sword should be super heavy. It seems arbitrary.
I think I overdid it in describing the weight. I just think her sword should seem like it's heavy.

Have you guys ever even looked into the sky at night?

Stars are tiny. And they're made of light. That means they aren't heavy.
Actual stars probably weigh tons when you're up close to one though.

Sano, that's not how weight works. That's like saying I'd have less trouble lifting a pencil if I stood about 20 feet from it than if I were within grabbing distance of a pencil.

When's 'How Much Does Annie's Sword Weigh?' thread?
After "How much does the Staff of Ra weigh?" and "How much does the Hurting weigh?" threads.
Incidentally, does the sword even have a name? Charlene?

And if people want to get scientific about Annie's sword, it's forged from a meteorite.
She's supposedly a rush down character so fair chance she'd be light on her feet. I'd go with a Glass Cannon type but whatever...

The problem with Glass Cannon archetypes is that Skullgirls gives everyone the same amount of health, so that already kills the point of it.

Actually, given that the sun's density is about 1.4 grams per cubic centimeter, the sun weighs about 2x10^30 kilograms.

In other words, stars are probably heavy.

:PUN:

Balder, that's the only thing you've ever said that actually made me happy.
If I'm not being the bane of your existence then I'm letting Oujo-sama down. *commits sudoku*

The problem with Glass Cannon archetypes is that Skullgirls gives everyone the same amount of health, so that already kills the point of it.
You have a point there. I just think the game already has too many rush down characters and making Annie more focused about hard hits would be the way to go. I guess like a middle term between Sol and Arcana Heart's Fiona. Because, again, subversion.

(Count yourselves lucky I'm not a Annie fan because then we'd REALLY be at each others throats.)

ITT physics
f38.gif

When's Neil deGrasse Tyson palette?

i like seeing her as a meter-heavy rush em up kinda character
because magical girls gotta be flashy and stylish as fuck, yo

Actually, given that the sun's density is about 1.4 grams per cubic centimeter, the sun weighs about 2x10^30 kilograms.

In other words, stars are probably heavy.
They're in space though so they don't weigh anything.
RqCKmuJ.png

Back