• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project Annie...In Motion!

Looks amazing. Also, small critique, it seems that the frame where she's most to the right, the skirt goes a darker color briefly. Was this intentional so you could know where in the idle sequence you were?

It was a mistake.. I already took note from all my current mistakes, they will be fixed soon.

The closer you get to Mike, the easier it is to assassinate him, steal his identity and take over Lab Zero.

If we hear sudden news of Annie being added to the game, you know what happened.

Yea
DDB won the lottery

I'm in your opening, stealing your epic.

Reactions: jam1220
BEFORE THE FINAL FRAME ON ANNIE WAS DONE, I CLOSED AND DID NOT SAVE THE FILE AND THEN REOPENED PHOTOSHOP, WHERE FUKUA'S SPECIAL IS LAW!
Wha-..

BEFORE THE FINAL FRAME ON ANNIE WAS DONE, I CLOSED AND DID NOT SAVE THE FILE AND THEN REOPENED PHOTOSHOP, WHERE FUKUA'S SPECIAL IS LAW!

Replace ALL Fukua's frames with Annie's frames!!!!!
It's a flawless plan, exept for the fact that she lacks 98% of her frames.. Darn.

That's 2% more than it would've been without STARMAGEDDON AND THE ANNIEMATION BRIGADE.

Slowly but surely....

Also I hope you don't think lesser of me for not putting your names in the title of STARMAGEDDON AND THE ANNIEMATION BRIGADE. All of you are special starchildren, but Starmageddon gets special credit because he was the big bang that started it all.

Reactions: Karlaaldana
Ehem. Try not to go too nuts on the derailing/prayers to @Skullmageddon.

Still, it's undeniably cool to see your work in here lead to getting actual animation in the game. I would assume that means you won't be updating the Annie animations in here for a good while now? (If you were even still doing it?)

I would assume that means you won't be updating the Annie animations in here for a good while now? (If you were even still doing it?)

Heh yeah, I probably won't post anything Annie related for the time being. At least, nothing more than maybe a picture or two.

Are you seriously telling us to stop praising Skullmageddon?

Yeah, that's not gonna happen.
I'm telling you to rein it in a bit. I'm mainly referring to the sidetracking with the Samurai Jack lines and what have you. Someone actually asked "What's even going on in this thread?" above. Yes it was in jest, but it still stands.

I'm obviously not telling you to stop praising him. I even praised him in my own post.

I'm telling you to rein it in a bit.
I'm telling you that I'm not the perpetrator of these actions and all I'm trying to say is that nobody's going to listen.

Don't shoot the messenger, even though he might be wrong.

SUDDEN UPDATE!!!!!!!!

I've been so busy with work related things that I ive had almost no time to work on Annie.. but here is some of my progress:

-Finished base coloring stage (I know her hair has some linework missing, I will be adding it later).
-It might or not run at a decent speed depending on your computer or navigator so download or opening on another tab is recommended.
-This is also the 50% sized version of this gif.
xx2dUSP.gif

Real size verion:
This is the real size version... Real HUGE.
vTVOmrL.gif
Edit: I just noticed some errors and oddities on one or two frames but they will be gone by the time I do the shading.

I like this a lot, but I feel like her face is too static? Like there should be some movement going on up in there. looking around, blinking, something other than a soul piercing stare.
GREATE WORK THOUGH!

Are you seriously telling us to stop praising Skullmageddon?
I'm telling you to rein it in a bit.

Don't shoot the messenger, even though he might be wrong.
I was saying "you" as a plural, indicating the thread at large. :/ I apologize if you misconstrued that.

Heh yeah, I probably won't post anything Annie related for the time being. At least, nothing more than maybe a picture or two.
Nice. Looking forward to whatever else you end up doing on Fukua then!

Also, I agree with WTF, the animation is shaping up really nicely, but her face definitely seems weirdly static. Maybe even a couple of blinking frames would solve that.

I like this a lot, but I feel like her face is too static? Like there should be some movement going on up in there. looking around, blinking, something other than a soul piercing stare.
I think this was pointed out before and Skullmageddon said he would do something about it.

I might be wrong though.

Last edited:
I think this was pointed out before and Skullmageddon said he would do something about it.

I might be wrong though.

If he had to add at least a blink to the loop...In order for it to look "right" he might have to duplicate the ammount of frames that he used otherwise the animation would look very odd with her blinking very quickly...
I don't actually know.. but for now so many hours have been put into this particular loop that adding something would slow down everything else, this is Skull's 'final' version.

I might be wrong though.

Adding a blink is very easy. The only reason I didn't bother to do it in the first place is because I wanted to get done with the main parts of the animation. I could always go back in and add a loop where she blinks, I just don't feel like doing it :P

It's not the blink I'm worried about, it's the fact that her torso turns while her head stays static. Actually it's not me that's worried about this. You do enough already Skull, you don't need people complaining to you about minor details.

I mean just look at filia's idle... Her face mantains the expression but the blink...adds life into it.
Filai-idle-skullgirls-32200098-715-861.gif

Speaking of minor details, anyone who's interested in animation loops like these or thinking of trying out making some animations for Annie here should definitely be looking at Street Fighter 3 Third Strike for examples on slick as fuck loops:

http://www.zweifuss.ca/

Makoto's back walk is incredible:

colorswap.php

Watch her feet.

Last edited:
woah nice find. bookmarked

Speaking of minor details, anyone who's interested in animation loops like these or thinking of trying out making some animations for Annie here should definitely be looking at Street Fighter 3 Third Strike for examples on slick as fuck loops:

http://www.zweifuss.ca/

Makoto's back walk is incredible.
And I was just reminded how much more effort went into the females animation than the males

After all that Samurai Jack talk, the thread needs an obligatory "RIP, Mako."

Anyway, man all these animations look good, almost like you're all trying to get Annie into the game or something. :PUN:

Last edited:
Adding a blink is very easy. The only reason I didn't bother to do it in the first place is because I wanted to get done with the main parts of the animation. I could always go back in and add a loop where she blinks, I just don't feel like doing it :P
eeGMSDL.gif

Also, I keep forgetting to ask, but why does her pig tail randomly disappear?

(I know this isn't the master file or whatever. If you want the blinking lineart, tell me. It's a teeny tiny fix.)

Reactions: DDB
Since I have the file with all those color layers it wouldn't be a problem for me to add the blinking animation.. I will experiment a bit first to see what is the best result and then I can make a final version.