• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project Annie...In Motion!

tumblr_inline_n72vy1kVQv1sefr1j.jpg

DDB's faith in Annie is something you wouldn't find normally.

He made ME start to like the idea of a playable annie!
Same here actually, in the beginning I wasn't really bother by Annie, but I like the idea now.

Hype for Annie would have died ages ago if not for the constant dedication of DBB and subsecuent followers..
The game is still has at least a year to be completely 'finished' (all dlc characters released), but who knows what the future has to offer.. just look at Fukua, a 'joke' character destined to be just be that, but now a fully developed character! (with help of the community aka Skull's frames).

Reactions: Denizen and DDB
Oh, you mean Annie of Annie.

If only anything I did got attention like this...

Anyways, these are decent animations, smooth and all. Also surprised that you actually did Fukua for the real game.

So, Skull, do you plan to keep making these or are they a bit left in the corner?

I'll probs keep making these things, though I'm not working on anything for the time being. I got other stuff that I'm doing atm, so I wouldn't expect anything from me anytime soon :P

If you can't slam with the best go jam with the-oh wait, wrong thread!

Reactions: Rachel Phoenix
Destruction pillar
Based heavily on Alex Ahads concept art design. (page 16 on this discussion). DDB Asked me to do this.

Once again, really rough animation, and there are lots of things I don't like. For example, the timing is bad and her head and hair are inconsistent. On the other hand, her right arm and left leg work well together.
DIkAesB.gif

Before you ask, I don't plan on doing more Annie animations for now... because I'm going to concentrate on a certain other character :)
e4N7nGh.png
Work in progress.

Last edited:
DDB actually has made all Annie frames of animation by himself, he watches this thread everyday laughing and playing his Skullgirls Annie custom made build.

Reactions: DDB and SmashBlade
DDB actually has made all Annie frames of animation by himself, he is just watching this thread laughing every day.
DDB is actually the actor for Annie. He's trying to do something reminiscent of Mortal Kombat.

Now that I think about it I think it would be funny to see DDB dressed up as Annie

Reactions: DDB and Karlaaldana
that is true. Pretty sure i saw him post one of his animations earlier in the thread

After several weeks I bring you... this!
My current progress on the shading layers of Skull's frames:
It's now more near to be completed, a lot of cleaning up went and will left to do.
For now I will do a check list of things that I need to work on:
-Finishing the base layer by completing her braids.
-Shading under her skirt, neck, hand, sagan and sword.
-lighting effects on her head, legs, shoulders, star and sword.
-Reflection effect on the sword.
-A lot of cleaning up.
-If you notice something odd please tell me, that would help a lot.

gcgIG0g.gif

And this is how it looks with a Multiply filter over the color layers.. I don't know how the game interprets palettes but this might do just for now.
15Ja9Yh.gif

Other things that are left to do:
-Fix her quick blinking.
-Start making the palette areas for each frame.
-I...I'm out of ideas.

Ehhh I think even though there already don't want to do Annie, I think we should try to put her in Mugen or something

-snip-snip-snip-

Whoa! That's lookin' really awesome!

I don't have the time to really look it over and critique it at the moment, but it's coming along really well! I'll be sure to give you some proper feedback once I have the time to really sit back and look it over.

Reactions: Karlaaldana
Ehhh I think even though there already don't want to do Annie, I think we should try to put her in Mugen or something

We need someone to pixelize frames from this thread, slowly we could make Annie for mugen too.

Reactions: DDB
See how Karlaaldana said "too"? That's the thinking process of a champ!

Whoa! That's lookin' really awesome!

I don't have the time to really look it over and critique it at the moment, but it's coming along really well! I'll be sure to give you some proper feedback once I have the time to really sit back and look it over.

I made so much progress lately, at a cost.. I had to half the size of the canvas in order to continue working on it, photoshop was already crashing on me with the old file (it was too big).
Halving the size really helped me out, playing back the animation over and over is something that I was already giving up, but now it's more fluid and adding details from frame to frame is quicker.

I made so much progress lately, at a cost.. I had to half the size of the canvas in order to continue working on it, photoshop was already crashing on me with the old file (it was too big).
Halving the size really helped me out, playing back the animation over and over is something that I was already giving up, but now it's more fluid and adding details from frame to frame is quicker.
YEAH! WERE MAKING PROGRESS KIDS!

Another Anniemation, another step closer to The Promised Land. Yet another wondrous contribution by Anniemator Karlaadana!

Another Anniemation, another step closer to The Promised Land. Yet another wondrous contribution by Anniemator Karlaadana!
Even Hell is can't destroy us

Haha yeah, sorry about that :P

The canvas size that I chose isn't necessary at all. It can probably be chopped down to about a 4th of the initial size and still be properly appropriated. I only chose that size because I like to work big if I can help it, and I wasn't having any trouble doing so on my computer so I never bother to downsize at any point. Also I had no idea what I was doing and just kinda did whatever :P Now I know better, as most official animations in SG are produced at a fairly standard base hd resolution.