• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project Annie...In Motion!

The models look good, I'm pretty hyped for them :)

If you're interested in a toon cell shader for blender I'd recommend this one

http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/67827

I've also tried to implement my own toon shader. Here's the result.
confidence_by_karismaticprik-d80wy0f.png

Let me now if you're interested in the shaders.

This would be a great mod for Skull Girls. a Full 3d version of the game. sorta like SF4 ( the only aspect of the game that i like.)

This would be a great mod for Skull Girls. a Full 3d version of the game. sorta like SF4 ( the only aspect of the game that i like.)
Dude...

That would be a mod 10,000,000 years in the making

Reactions: DDB
Ah. So we've gone from the already apparently impossible task of animating a single character in 2D to reanimating the entire cast in 3D.
Imagination has no limits.

Ah. So we've gone from the already apparently impossible task of animating a single character in 2D to reanimating the entire cast in 3D.
You know it sir. if we've going to do the impossible, then we might as well do all the impossibles.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves...

Reactions: DDB
it was sarcasm folks geeze i know little miss Annie will have a small chance of seeing the celestial alignment but hey let's do something about that. i'll throw away some of my free time to do some "annie"mation ideas.

it was sarcasm folks geeze i know little miss Annie will have a small chance of seeing the celestial alignment but hey let's do something about that. i'll throw away some of my free time to do some "annie"mation ideas.

i fully support you, sir!

So.. @Yargin made a character sheet for Annie!, I did some slight adjustments to the original sheet to make my modeling a bit easier.. It's still being worked on but for now it should be ok to start modeling her basic shapes.

Character sheet based on his (expand to see more detail):

w4u1Rk4.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that looks really amazing!
Well ok the sideview of the first one looks a bit off but who am I to criticize:PUN:

So.... My computer is dying, some kind of Malware is making my antivirus useless(suddenly my firewall lets anything get through).
My performance is dropping at alarming speeds, and all devices on my home are getting annoying adware (yes even my phone!?).
My only option for now is to backup all my important files(including all the Annie files), and make a full restart of my pc.

For now.. Updates on the anniemation protect will stop untill I get my pc running safely again.

OH crud. Don't worry I'll try to step it up and hold the weight of Annie for you. Runs to grab drawing tablet and large cup of black coffee for an all nighter to do animation.

Jeez I didn't think malware could get that aggressive, that's really unfortunate Karlaaldana hopefully things will be resolved. Best of luck.

Yeah that's the first time that ever happened... I'm thinking that someone hacked my router and is sending apparently innocent adware to spy on my passwords and such.
This is so frustrating since I can't tell if getting my pc a full reinstall will solve the problem....
Any thoughts on how to solve this?, and yes I restarted my modem with the factory settings, changed its password to a complex one and made it so only if I know the name of the network I will be able to connect...
So far no more adware(on my phone at least).. On my pc the problem is more serious, I can't do anything for more than 10 minutes without getting a sudden lag on every program open.

I can try it... As long as my oc let's me... It's seriously getting worse.

Wow, the Skullgirls curse is latching onto the fan creations now. That's what I call determination.

I had to reinstall the os on my pc.. I'm on the process of reinstalling all my programs, I should be able to start working on the model and the Skullmageddon animation now.

Reactions: pivottester and DDB
I'm finally back at 80% efficiency (I lack some programs on my computer), I'm now able to work on Annie!..
This morning I finally was able to start working on the 3d model!
annie_preview1_by_karlaaldana-d81y2ex.png

Edit: I will be posting some updates of the model on this same post to avoid spamming the thread.
(Torso, legs and provisional skirt done):
annie_preview3_by_karlaaldana-d8222d0.png
(Sword base, head/face/ears , arms and a semi complete hair mesh):
annie_preview6_by_karlaaldana-d827881.png

Last edited:
Good we've still got the most important part of Annie.
And what is the most important part of Annie?

The boots, clearly.

The boots, clearly.
Heh.. I didn't even remember that my first update on the mesh was her boots...
Also.. I complety agree.

Now to throw that in a 3D Printer and make her real.

Reactions: Karlaaldana
Annie4Brawl2014/2015
Well.. the final result will end up looking somewhat similar to the 3d models used on the 3ds version of Smash4; very low poly and mostly based on the textures to give it a shading effect, also the cartoon black outline.

wow i'm so late to seeing the annie model sheet. i didn't get a notification like usual. good job karla. Probably need a back view too.

Reactions: Karlaaldana
wow i'm so late to seeing the annie model sheet. i didn't get a notification like usual. good job karla. Probably need a back view too.
Nah, I'm just about finished with the model.. Now I'm only lacking a frontal view from her face.

@Skullmageddon Thank you!, I want to hear your opinions on the whole 3d model thing.. How doable would you think this is compared with the traditional animation method. I'm real curious as for what your thoughts on the matter are.