• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Apr 18, 2014] Norcal Regionals: It's Happening (Sacramento, CA)

You don't need to

but you should come anyway
The cost to come down for SG only is quite a bit of money. Even if I get lucky and win 1st place, I don't think I can recoup enough. Unless someone is willing to do a $500 money match...

Tell me about it.
Props to you! I know you travel the country, don't know how you do it.

I was contacted to run this tournament by Valle and Choi. But I'm assuming this got cleared up and I don't need to fly down there right?
yeah that is correct. I contacted choi a while back and he gave me a green light to run it, but when he tried to contact me again a few weeks later my email had been closed after getting phished so he didnt know how to reach me.

Also you should come anyway.

The cost to come down for SG only is quite a bit of money. Even if I get lucky and win 1st place, I don't think I can recoup enough. Unless someone is willing to do a $500 money match...
Wait, you're willing to give away $500 just like that? WOW you are one generous person

Let me talk about the setup situation:

If people don't bring Ps3 setups, we're rolling with the PC versions on lagless laptops(bit strife and i both have reliable setups)

IF we can get a couple ps3 + monitor setups, we can use those. I think most people would be comfortable running it on that version, but so far Jayford is the only one I know who can for sure bring a full ps3 setup.

I'm just worried about what we'll do if Big Band isn't out by then. Because that is becoming a real concern at this point.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
You could run it on PC?

We're playing on the live version regardless of whether or not big band is released. I understand that there may be some backlash to this because he was available at SCR, but my main reasons behind this are:

1. Console exclusive players wouldn't be familiar with the matchup. To PC Beta Regulars/Socal players having big band there didn't make much of a difference, but I know for a fact that not everyone at the event was entirely familiar with him.

2. Running the game on PS3 is favorable for a variety of reasons:
-Some sticks have issues with certain PC's. We want to avoid this as much as possible (we couldn't get severin's stick to work on any pc setup at alpha clash 9)
-We can ensure consistent lag free gameplay.
-It will actually be possible for us to be streamed if we're on console

but fingers crossed. I'm actually moderately confident he will be out by then.

Last edited:
Reactions: erkicman
The thing is, the retail PC version is actually different from the PS3 version now because Mike went ahead and added all the changes that were in the beta, just not Big Band or his story.

So what is considered the "live" version?

Reactions: Icky
The thing is, the retail PC version is actually different from the PS3 version now because Mike went ahead and added all the changes that were in the beta, just not Big Band or his story.

So what is considered the "live" version?
Damn, I forgot about that. I guess with that considered, I would like to hear everyone's feedback on that. My preference is still Ps3, and unless someone can convince me otherwise i think we would still roll with that.

I don't think we can justify PC. If console is behind the times we need to roll with that, anything else is unfair to console people who are immediately put in a bad position with game familiarity. There were a lot of quality of life/minor damage changes for the PC live version.

For all of the same reasons Big Band at SCR was frustrating. It's cool that Mike got to show him off at a major, but it was definitely not great for the players who had no idea what that character did.

ITC: Console setups pls

I don't think we can justify PC. If console is behind the times we need to roll with that, anything else is unfair to console people who are immediately put in a bad position with game familiarity. There were a lot of quality of life/minor damage changes for the PC live version.

For all of the same reasons Big Band at SCR was frustrating. It's cool that Mike got to show him off at a major, but it was definitely not great for the players who had no idea what that character did.

ITC: Console setups pls

What about the xbox players who are still playing sde

Big Band should be legal for the tournament on the basis that I want to play him. It is for this reason that I believe the tournament should be on PC. Thanks for reading my post.

I was not a fan of BB being allowed at SCR because I had literally 0 experience against him. PS3 is the tournament standard, so I'd prefer that.

Reactions: Beamsprouts
What about the xbox players who are still playing sde

I dunno, just seems like PS3 is a fair enough medium to me.

at least now i won't feel anything for not going

i'd prefer ps3. you know, the whole tournament standard thing. we should probably stick to that. also if we manage to get top 2 side games entrance how the heck are we going to get stream time when the tournament was ran on PC the entire time?

I mean on the other hand PC people aren't used to the PS3 version anymore, it goes both ways you know.
(I won't be at this tournament and it doesn't matter to me what version you run)

Damn, west coast illuminati still tryin to keep me down
:(
I love you Peanuts though we are seperated by land and society my love will not die

even if there's no BB ;___;

Lol it's whatever, now I got that option select for when I lose, I can just be like "yeah but if I had Big Band I probably would have won" (ignore the fact that I had Big Band at SCR and didn't win)

More importantly, does anyone wanna do anything the evening after the tournament? I never really left the venue at SCR except to eat and sleep. I wanna hit up a bar or club or something.

Reactions: Beamsprouts
3v3 teams at 2pm on friday. How does this sound? I was thinking it'd be good to run it after lunch/before dinner so people aren't starving.
Sounds good to me.

aren't you coming on saturday?
No, late Friday. But now that I'm looking at my ticket again I don't actually get there until like 5pm. So nm I'm not actually in, woops

Blazblue and Soul Calibur IV have the most entrants right now. Please get your registration does as soon as possible, otherwise you'll have to do on site registration.

If we don't get stream, i'm doing what i can to grab an hd capture card so we can at least record from my laptop. But it's going to be a little tight financially. (also if you have any idea of which one is best for this game, let me know)

Just an update on the recording situation: There isn't any way i'm going to be able to afford an hd capture card this run, and unfortunately i'm not getting another paycheck until the tuesday after NCR.

I'm going to ask someone else in MMG if i can borrow their lgp.

More importantly, does anyone wanna do anything the evening after the tournament? I never really left the venue at SCR except to eat and sleep. I wanna hit up a bar or club or something.
Yo no one answered me on this, for reals I wanna do stuff. Who here likes stuff

Yo no one answered me on this, for reals I wanna do stuff. Who here likes stuff
depending on how cheap it is, i may be down. gonna be kinda short on cash this weekend