• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Are You Ready For An Encore? Skullgirls Is Finally Back On Consoles!

On the bright side, while I waited I took the time to play a little SDE arcade.

Damn this game was slow.

Reactions: SpaceCadetKeon
I had this dream where I heard some knocking on my window, I opened it and MikeZ with a burning PS3 next to him was floating there with the Skullgirls Encore voucher on his hand, giving it to me and flying away to help other people in need.

I had this dream where I heard some knocking on my window, I opened it and MikeZ with a burning PS3 next to him was floating there with the Skullgirls Encore voucher on his hand, giving it to me and flying away to help other people in need.
SOMEONE DRAW THIS.

didn't get my code yet I don't know how long I willing to wait but I got it on steam,I want PS3 ver again because my computer don't play skullgirls at full power I have to turn everything down or off to play.

Over an hour overdue. Seriously running out of ways to waste time.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't irritated, buuuuut I know they have like thousands of these things to send out.... so yeah.....
I won't be deterred though I'm getting this thing before bed.

I think the XMB is the only place they show up.

Oh well, off to sleep then, I'm falling asleep already (it's 4:13am here) . Surely I'll have the mail by the morning.
I hope you guise get yours too.

when ever I get the message can't wait to play again.

Over an hour overdue. Seriously running out of ways to waste time.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't irritated, buuuuut I know they have like thousands of these things to send out.... so yeah.....
I won't be deterred though I'm getting this thing before bed.

I thought they'd all just auto-send at once. Maybe they're staggering the vouchers to prevent server overload?

I don't know what kind of drugs you're taking, but I want some.

I thought they'd all just auto-send at once. Maybe they're staggering the vouchers to prevent server overload?

Sony told us that they started the upload at 9, and that it would be completed around 10. And then they would start going out.

This is the time they do these broadcasts, because it is their minimum server traffic time. But there are still 62,000 XMB messages that need to go out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not too surprised.

SCEA once ran a promo where they gave ten bucks in Sony funny money to a buttload of people; it took quite a while for some of those people (myself included) to receive their vouchers.

anyone else still not get their voucher starting to worry a bit

I'm about ready to go to bed in defeat

Why do people think Sony just presses a button, and all these things go out at once.

Patience people, sheesh. These things take TIME.

12 am PST (3 am here) and I haven't gotten mine yet so you know what I'm going to do? Go to sleep, then check it tomorrow sometime.

Just leave it for a bit. As Ravi's pointed out above, there's tens of thousands of these messages to go out.
I imagine they need to stagger the messages for these things because if 60,000 people suddenly received a message saying, "Hey, go download this thing", it would be a massive sudden tax on PSN.

Go watch a movie or go to bed or something. Your voucher'll likely appear by the time you wake up. SG won't be going anywhere (this time), so don't worry about it.

Reactions: maelxich
Just leave it for a bit. As Ravi's pointed out above, there's tens of thousands of these messages to go out.
I imagine they need to stagger the messages for these things because if 60,000 people suddenly received a message saying, "Hey, go download this thing", it would be a massive sudden tax on PSN.

Go watch a movie or go to bed or something. Your voucher'll likely appear by the time you wake up. SG won't be going anywhere (this time), so don't worry about it.
thank you, but I actually went to bed at like 3 pm to play this game all night so I am kind of impatient but I will watch a few movies though seems like a good idea especially since I have my asus and my big screen in the same room so I can check on it.

Also, BTW...

According to Sony, this is like the second time they've ever done anything like this. So it's kind of a mystery to everyone, even the people who did it for us at Sony.

Reactions: EA575 and Sydoh
Also, BTW...

According to Sony, this is like the second time they've ever done anything like this. So it's kind of a mystery to everyone, even the people who did it for us at Sony.
It's a new experience for everyone:PUN:

Y'know what I recently bought High Anxiety and haven't watched it yet.. guess Ill do that then and hope for the best. At very least I'll have it tomorrow. Goodnight thread, and also Thank you to everyone at Lab Zero for giving us an awesome game to freak out about, doesn't happen for me too often.

Its been a while since the voucher's were supposed to be released at 9:00 to 10:00 pm PST (its already 3:00 in my area. im in a central time zone). i didint get my voucher yet. in my time zone im supposed to get it 11:00 to 12:00. instead of getting my voucher i got some random the last of us dlc at 12:02 am. has the time for vouchers moved or did i just not get mine's SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Its been a while since the voucher's were supposed to be released at 9:00 to 10:00 pm PST (its already 3:00 in my area. im in a central time zone). i didint get my voucher yet. in my time zone im supposed to get it 11:00 to 12:00. instead of getting my voucher i got some random the last of us dlc at 12:02 am. has the time for vouchers moved or did i just not get mine's SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!
The vouchers will come eventually - you haven't missed out.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Welp, getting drunk didn't make it show up. Guess it's time to go to bed and see about tomorrow. Still a great early bday present. Thanks Mike, and thank you for all the work you've put into this game, I love it so much.

yea I didn't get my yet sick of waiting.

For those too lazy:
1908253_10152253192469309_2078652176_n.jpg

Slept till today and still nothing. Sony is really being a pain now...Hopefully the Nor'easter that's coming doesn't knock out my power...

I miss Mike Z's shaved head still

Yes, it's just taking a while. Assuming they're staggering them deliberately in order to prevent server overload.

Because of the huge number of vouchers that need to be sent out, even if they were to send out 2500 every hour it would still take over a day to do them all.

Is 9 am here XD. Still gonna wait it out got the trail version so when i ge tthe voucher is goes smoothly and i dont have to wait a lot. And thus we keep playing the waiting game.