• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Are You Ready For An Encore? Skullgirls Is Finally Back On Consoles!

38th time I've checked... ; -;

Like I thought, the troll failed with me. The account I show here wasn't the one I used to buy the game. Don't worry, you tried.

I wonder how long it'll take for me to receive my code T_T

I'm clocking in 16 hours and I'm hanging out wait as much as humanly possible. Thank God that I haven't caught em all in X yet....

*plays BB : CSEX and waits

*wakes up, no code, watches Voyager like a nerd*

+

THAT SAME MOTHERFUCKER DID THAT TO ME TOO!

who is this "skullgirls" guy and how soon can we get his ID banned?!
Well, first of all, the person easily got your PSN ID from, well...

<----- THERE

Reactions: erkicman
Well if this is the bullshit I can expect from these forums... PSN and Steam ID now removed. All it takes is one asshat to ruin it for everyone.

BTW you can send in a grief report for that "Skullgirls" user who is sending the fake XMB messages so he will be removed on PSN.

Last edited:
From another angle, this can be viewed as an ingenious marketing tactic from Sony.

SG Encore is out on PSN for the public (NA Region), but Sony said those who had the old version can get it for free via voucher. They say voucher goes out at x-y time, but apparently only few got it so far since the deadline passed.

The irony is people on PSN waited for SG encore for several months patiently enough, but quite a few people apparently caved in already after not even a day passes since the deadline and just bought another $15 copy because they couldn't stand the constant tease of "game is out, but you can't play until Sony gets around to it...NYA NYA NYA *sticks tongue out*".

So in the end this teasing ended up resulting more copies being sold on PSN (thanks to the few people who already owned a copy and caved in swiftly afterwards) as a byproduct.

keikaku.jpg

Man, this is starting to get ridiculous. I wouldn't put it past Sony to try to cheat people by getting them to rebuy the game, by throttling their vouchers so long, they just give in and buy the damn thing.

Hell I'll keep on waiting I waited since July to play as Squigly and damnit I'll keep on waiting

At least this gives me a chance to FINALLY finish watching X-Files. Whats gonna happen to Mulder?! The suspense is killing me.

At least this gives me a chance to FINALLY finish watching X-Files. Whats gonna happen to Mulder?! The suspense is killing me.
Lol

In this time no one on the thread got their voucher during the day?

In this time no one on the thread got their voucher during the day?
Yea I was asking the same thing

He's not on skullheart but my friend cloudking JUST got his voucher so maybe they were sending them in the middle of the day

I got a voucher at about 2:05 AM. LET'S ROCK!

Reactions: Arcana

Sony gone done it again, lets hope when Xbox version drops that Microsoft remembers to patch all the games. . .speaking of that why is it that Microsoft can just update the game but on PS3 you have to get a brand new game. . .pretty funny how it works

That seems like a fairly substantial batch.

It's the world-wide corporation version of "batch"

Reactions: DDB
Hey guys guess what? According to this tweet were going to have to wait till 2am in the east coast to get your voucher

Hey guys guess what? According to this tweet were going to have to wait till 2am in the east coast to get your voucher
I don't even care anymore tbh

In just mad that it took them so long to respond back

So I won't be able to play it until tomorrow......this is an awful curse.

Just gimme ma damn skullgirls voucher

Ugh I have 6 more hours to wait from the 21 hours I already waited.... Will complaining won't make it come faster I might just work on my Valentine.

We need to break the curse.......but how......any suggestions?

2 a.m.? Good lord... Hopefully no school so I can play it when I get it!

Reactions: Fang
Sony gone done it again, lets hope when Xbox version drops that Microsoft remembers to patch all the games. . .speaking of that why is it that Microsoft can just update the game but on PS3 you have to get a brand new game. . .pretty funny how it works
knowing how MS treats Skullgirls, it might make people just buy them at a discount.

We need to break the curse.......but how......any suggestions?
I would suggest sacrificing virgins, but maybe someone can come up with an idea that won't reduce the number of people in the FGC.

I would suggest sacrificing virgins, but maybe someone can come up with an idea that won't reduce the number of people in the FGC.
OR or, here me out on this, we get Mike Z to carry Immaevilspacewhale up a thumb shaped mountain and drink dirty water for the weekend.

Reactions: Fang
I still didn't get my voucher....:(:PUN:I'm losing it lol

I honestly don't even know why I'm so anxious about this. I plan on sticking with PC for online play anyhow. I just need to make sure to get the updated version on my PS3s before the next game night.

Figured I'd post here what I posted on GAF...

OK, so, I just got an update from Sony.

They looked into it and found that there were (for some reason) two paid versions of Skullgirls on PSN. When they initially compiled the list of people that should get vouchers, they only pulled the customers from one of those two versions.

They've now compiled the list of all the people that bought the other one, and those vouchers should broadcast tonight. Same thing as last night: upload around 9 PST, hopefully in your box within an hour or two after that.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience on this.

Reactions: EA575 and Yuffin
I honestly don't even know why I'm so anxious about this. I plan on sticking with PC for online play anyhow. I just need to make sure to get the updated version on my PS3s before the next game night.
yea I have it on steam too but I can play the game just I got to turn everyone down to play PS3 I don't need to do that hope I get a better computer soon.lol

At this point, I'd even take a message from the troll.

*wakes up, no code, watches Voyager like a nerd*
Shockingly close to my experience.

Reactions: Leona
So... I just joined the I got trolled club...then I remembered I didn't buy Skullgirls on my PKStoopkid PlayStation, but I did buy it for my friend and had to get it from him, well time to check the other 6 people I bought the game for and see where they are at