• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Artwork

Nevins

Hidden character
Reaction score
Website
tangerinepop.com
PSN
cpnsleepy
Fukua Robo Fortune Big Band
DOA5U Costume contest entries for my brother & myself (done fairly quickly):

Currently working on Leon for their Halloween costume contest. Maybe I'll do GenFu for my brother.

Attachments

• marie.jpg
    marie.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 586
  • momoji.jpg
    momoji.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 552
Reactions: southpawper
Almost forgot my rarely updated art blog:

http://jeffreydnevins.blogspot.com/

Let me know if you care to see anything specific. Done a lot of art over the years, though I'm not an expert in some areas. Background art & animation inbetweens are my stronger areas. Happy to share some of it, give tips to anyone interested, etc.

Hey man, I'm really digging those BG's and storyboards on your blog, especially some of those building sketches. Got anymore of that kinda stuff to show off?

Anyway, I hope this year has been a productive one for you. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Nevins
Sharing, not showing off. Better than letting this art sit around not being seen by anyone I suppose.
Some of these have almost 100 layers in Flash. 0.0
tea_1600x1200.jpg
white-warlock_1600x1200.jpg

I've already posted this in the 86'ed topic & Fanart, but I might as put it here as well. I guess there's my art blog.
Don't want to try just get attention from people. Guess my goal is to show something people here might enjoy.
Spent a few weeks on it, carefully trying to get the style down. Now I can try something new for 86'ed, if they want one of these
SG1.png

-Group shot in "wheel composition"
-Static Fortune in trenchcoat.
-Action Fortune shot

Last edited:
Jointhe BB.jpg

Post-it emailed to 86ed. Best to start off extremely rough. I hope this hasn't been done before- I searched around.
Time to take it to the next stage when I have time? Maybe? Thinking of posting in the 86ed topic again. Anyone ever win in a weekly contest?
I'm just curious. Thanks!

Wish I could've done this quicker, but I had to squeeze in time where I could this week.
The font is a placeholder until I figure out what to do. Use an official Skullgirls font, create their text, or use a Flash font.
BB with two saxophones may not make sense, but looks fun. The drums from T. Drive super is another way to have symmetry.
Thought about giving everyone trumpets, but this seems better. Thinking of adding in music notes as well, but it might not be needed.

Attachments

• JtBB2.jpg
    JtBB2.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 503
Reactions: jam1220
Revisions, thanks to the input of the person I've been in touch with at 86ed. Sure helps to have someone point out things you missed. In this case, Fortune's trumpet grip, BB, flat shading, the text, and a cramped layout.
JtBB2lowres.png
s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cellsai
This is really cool stuff. How was working with Cartoon Network? It looks like you did a fair number of shorts, did you do work for the Cartoon Cartoons show as well?

Thanks. I was fortunate to have two short internet films picked to make with coworkers at Wild Brain in San Francisco for their .com division waay back around 2000. I was a inbetweener/cleanup artist/low-level grunt back then with pretty bad design skill. But I learned a lot, had fun & was paid nicely. Didn't even have a computer back then. 0.0
The series I worked on was an obscure one at Wild Brain, called Poochini. A former classmate from SFSU was one of the co-creators, which was cool.

JtBB3a.png
Slight top-down perspective revision to BB, as requested. It helps! Hopefully it's enough to be of use.