• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Assist exit animation frame data discrepancies

zeknife

Reaction score
Steam
zeknife
Parasoul Squigly Big Band
I was already pretty sure the post-attack assist taunts didn't have universally consistent frame data, but having investigated further it turns out they actually vary A Lot

Here are my rough results, in order from fastest to slowest. The comparison was based on which assist becomes available again first, given that they are called simultaneously and use moves of identical total duration. I eyeballed it at 10% speed for most of them.
Filia = Fukua
Painwheel
Bella
Eliza
Double (like 1 frame faster than valentine)
Fortune = Robo Fortune = Valentine
Big Band = Beowulf
Parasoul
Peacock
Squigly
I didn't bother counting the exact numbers for every single one, or any of them really, but I did measure the difference between Filia/Fukua (The fastest) and Squigly (The slowest)
Turns out that difference is 70 frames! That's surprisingly significant which kinda makes me question if it's even intended or not.

@Mike_Z Are these differences intended?

Edit: Mod why did you put this in bug reports when it's useful information for people

Last edited:
Yep. Could'a saved yourself a lot of time.

Also, it matters how far from the screen edge they are, since it's when they leave the screen. IIRC Squigly/Peacock, who don't jump out, are about as slow as the length of time it takes for Filia to leave if you call her vs someone in the corner, and then back off so she jumps away for the longest distance before leaving.

Yep. Could'a saved yourself a lot of time.

Also, it matters how far from the screen edge they are, since it's when they leave the screen. IIRC Squigly/Peacock, who don't jump out, are about as slow as the length of time it takes for Filia to leave if you call her vs someone in the corner, and then back off so she jumps away for the longest distance before leaving.
This is still interesting to know though, especially if it's a feature.
For the record the difference between Filia/Fukua and Parasoul (The slowest with a regular location-dependent exit animation) is about 60 frames