• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Attack On Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin

Attack On Titan

• Total voters
I enjoyed watching it. In retrospect I understand the complaints about the pacing, though.

THE WALLS

Well the ending wasn't that good, all it did was finish what ep24 started and put a cap on the series.

Overall while the show was enjoyable, it padded out and extended the run time on purpose too much and the series lost a lot of it's excitement. I'll probably go read the manga because while they want to do another season, it hasn't actually been greenlit yet so I'd give it 1-2 years before it airs.

8/10 would recommend but it lost A LOT of the tension that the early episodes created. We got a lot less revelations near the end and it just in general got a lot less interesting.

Reactions: PureYeti
Well the ending wasn't that good, all it did was finish what ep24 started and put a cap on the series.
Watch the last 10 seconds after the credits. They have a cliffhanger.

I don't like the changes made that have an impact on characterization. Chief being Eren's behavior whilst in titan form this episode. It's a significant shift from the manga.

I also saw a comparison of the manga and how they switched Armin with Mikasa in many of the scenes where Eren was being taken care of, so they are clearly pushing the relationship between Eren and Mikasa much for than Eren and Armin. I am probably gonna read the manga, but I have to figure out what to give up in order to make time for it.

Last edited:
Watch the last 10 seconds after the credits. They have a cliffhanger.
Yes I saw it but again, the second season is so far off I honestly don't give a fuck about it and I'll just read the manga from here on and compare it to season 2 once it finally is out.

Ok I'm on episode 21 right now. I started watching it during the Canada Cup 2013/last Saturday. I love the series and the pacing can be dragging on some episodes. There's a lot of wtf moments which I didn't expect that to happen. @ashxu sums it up everything I feel overall.

I also saw a comparison of the manga and how they switched Armin with Mikasa in many of the scenes where Eren was being taken care of, so they are clearly pushing the relationship between Eren and Mikasa much for than Eren and Armin. I am probably gonna read the manga, but I have to figure out what to give up in order to make time for it.
Can you link to that please?

I think both versions of the series are good, but I have to lean towards the manga more, which is something I recommend people read first.

the manga has more brutality and the pacing is a little better in it. but it seems the anime captures the action scenes really well and makes it easier to tell characters apart.

I also do like how both series don't really try to focus on there being other survivors of the outside world, but just wanting to go into the outside world. It's less on making the world feel expansive and more on the world expanding itself, which also puts the focus entirely on the world trying to expand, which I think is better.

Alright kiddies, still haven't seen or read SnK yet. But thought you might like this, SnK 3DS gameplay!

If they can use the spiderman 2 web swinging mechanics then that will be totally sweet

I really hope there will be an option to add a reticle in the alpha...

There is also a fan game out right, just google it and its the top hit. It is so fun, the most kills I got in a sigle life was 3, but I just started.

You have been dethroned!
tumblr_mbnlpbdZHb1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

Reactions: Jutsei
I watched it, played the game, then posted about it before anyone posted it here. Bow before the true lord, who sits in the shadows.

I watched it, played the game, then posted about it before anyone posted it here. Bow before the true lord, who sits in the shadows.
I'm talking about the Super Best Friends. Sure you can be the Attack on Titan Lord, but I'm the biggest Super Best Friends fan here. I kid of course, I bet someone on these forums has watched more than I have. That reminds me, I should definitely make a thread at some point...

We're getting off topic, aren't we?
Anyone else hope there'll be more SnK games on the PS3 or PS4?
Or
fuck, even the Vita.
Dude, I think the PS4 would be perfect for a shingeki game. open world and a better engine for the gear system.

Now let's just hope the PS4 remains region free dammit.
even if it isn't, with AoT's popularity and Funi backing it up, I seriously doubt it will matter with region locking or not.

Especially if SnK ends up on Toonami One Day.
Then it's guaranteed
Who would you want to voice the characters?

Steve Blum is my prime choice for Levi.
Travis Willingham or Marc Diraison for Erwin.
Jason Liebrecht for Eren.
Vic Mignogna for EVERYONE Connie or Armin.
I need to think some more.

NO Zeriam! you're not supposed to link Best Friend stuff. that belongs to Denizen.

He's not the only fan among who watches them. They're others lurking about.

He's not the only fan among who watches them. They're others lurking about.
I was making a joke about how he made a big deal about Jutsei posting the Best Friend video before he did.

I was making a joke about how he made a big deal about Jutsei posting the Best Friend video before he did.

I know. Hence why I saw the Kappa pic.

Actually @ragnorok64 posted it. I was in the middle of writing and before I clicked Post Reply I refreshed the page like I always do to see if anyone posted as I was writing and lo and behold, I was beaten to the punch.
It happens to me a lot on True or False...

I know. Hence why I saw the Kappa pic.
I use the Kappa thing for being facetious.

Actually @ragnorok64 posted it. I was IN THE MIDDLE of composing that post and before I clicked post reply I refreshed the page like I always do to see if anyone posted as I was writing and lo and behold, I was beaten to the punch.
It happens to me a lot on True or False...
I was only foolin'. I just like to poke fun at dumb things.

We're getting off topic.
So how 'bout them Titans?
Let's talk about how some Titans TOTALLY look like Celebrities!

Let's talk about how some Titans TOTALLY look like Celebrities!
I kept thinking that was Hagar.