• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Attention Mok Zed: Parasoul's st.lp whiffing on certain crouchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icky

工 レo√乇 ㄚo∪ ღ ツ
Reaction score
Steam
Ickybonez
Big Band Cerebella
Hey Mike Z, thanks the fix to lp and hp napalm shot whiffing on crouching filia and val, unfortunately though st.lp still whiffs in two situations:

1. In the neutral st. lp whiffs on crouching Val and crouching Filia from any range, and crouching Fortune and crouching Peacock upclose. This could be intentional, but judging by how you fixed the napalm shot, I'm assuming it's not?

And 2. When comboing crouching Filia and crouching Val in the corner, st.lp will whiff on them. It will NOT whiff mid screen because they're pushed back far enough to hit the tip of st.lp.

I'm assuming this is a hit box issue for st.lp?

Thanks!

A lot of characters have their s.LP whiff on crouching filia/valentine/fortune, etc.

Squigly, Val, Big Band... its totally intentional.

A lot of characters have their s.LP whiff on crouching filia/valentine/fortune, etc.

Squigly, Val, Big Band... its totally intentional.
Ah, I don't play any of those characters so i didn't even know. Regardless, seems like it should be fixed.
Horizontal Tears not comboing on crouching Double is the only issue I have left
Who cares about s.LP
I've more so had issues with back hk not comboing on double midscreen when it hits everyone else. Lol, there's too many issues for me to even remember them all at once Dx

It's completely intentional.
I don't see it being a huge deal, just use another poke.

It's completely intentional.
I don't see it being a huge deal, just use another poke.
Then why were horizontal napalm shots "fixed" to hit crouching filia/val up close? Is it not the same thing that st.lp whiffs on them crouching while being combo'd (and in neutral) but not most of the cast??

I don't understand at all how this is intentional, or why it's a good idea if it is intentional.

Honestly, Mike seemed pretty hesitant to 'fix' LP tear shot too.

Its not like the game isn't full of character specific combos already.

That's obnoxious. I really hate character specific combos and shit in general, seems like extremely unnecessary stuff to learn and remember.

the lp tear shot was a huge deal. If you did st.hp you HAD to spend a bar to continue comboing which ****ed people like me over because she's my battery.

Reactions: Icky
Thats because parsouls s.lp has really good range. its supposed to be weak to some low profile stuff.

Thats because parsouls s.lp has really good range. its supposed to be weak to some low profile stuff.
But it whiffs up close. Not far away.

Then use cr.LP?
So I don't get the range, what made stand lp so good?

I straight up feel that you should not be able to crouch ANY Napalm shot.

Shit feels foolish.

Hey Mike Z
Hello.

That move is pretty big horizontally and has a disjoint hitbox.
Up close, cr.LP has the same startup, has more hitstun, AND is much safer on block. I am not bothered by players needing to choose, especially while comboing since you oughta know.
See also Filia s.LP, Squigly s.LP, etc. Players mention that too, but that's mostly an issue of autopilot.
(Would it make you happier if I went and fixed it to whiff on everyone crouching? If I made the move now, I would probably have done the nearer boxes up by her shoulder just so it was more consistent.)

I didn't really want to fix tear shot either, but if you miss that you get punched whereas if you miss s.LP you can still Pillar or tag or assist or whatnot...as well as tear shot not having an alternative to combo with as yaboidekillsage mentioned, whereas in this case up close there is a pretty easy alternative. It's even the same button.

Note - it was luck I saw this, if you actually want me to see a thread use the username-callout thing like @Icky

Welp, that sucks that it's intentional. And yes, I would be happier if it plain old whiffed on everyone crouching instead of just some of the cast, but I would much rather having it hit everyone crouching. Character specific things that add no depth to the game grind my gears to no end, I want to know that each of my tools will work just the same against every character.

Icky...I cry...you COMPLETELY ignore the "up close use cr.LP, far away use s.LP instead of autopiloting" bit?

Be a real og and just use forward strong for everything?

Icky...I cry...you COMPLETELY ignore the "up close use cr.LP, far away use s.LP instead of autopiloting" bit?
I mean I agree that it seems like a better idea for me to do up close. Though like I said before I don't like having character specific things like this, it just doesn't make sense to me from a design perspective, gameplay perspective, or really anything perspective. Honestly, what's your reasoning for making it whiff only on some characters, and why do you want it to stay?

Though in the end this is obviously something extremely minor. I only brought it up because I don't like it, and I was assuming it was unintentional due to you fixing the napalm shot, and the fact that I don't even understand why it's a thing. I would've brought it up sooner if it was such a huge deal.

A - Ain't no reasoning for making it whiff on anyone*. Valentine didn't exist when this move was created, and Filia's boxes got redone later on in the project, notably her head moved closer when crouching. The hitbox looks like where it would hit you...she initially didn't have one on her arm at all, heh.
B - The reasoning against fixing it, though, is that because Part A there is the way it ended up, I don't mind that you have to be on a little less autopilot with it. I may fix it anyway because the inconsistency is annoying, sure, but it doesn't bother me at all the way it is now. And the 2nd LP is gonna whiff no matter what.

* I hate it when people say stuff like that. You can't do Pot Buster to far Slash on half the characters in GGAC+R. You think the developers KNEW that or did it on purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.