• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra

I'm sure like most people around my age in this time period (around 18, late high school early college) I don't really watch TV. I'm pretty sure somebody who does all of the marketing would know that. So the fact that I have seen not one advertisement for Book 3 on TV when I DO watch it, and not a single one on the internet of any kind, says something to me. Essentially that Nickelodeon is the Sega of television.
That's the problem, niggas that are in marketing actually don't know SHIT about SHIT in reality.

I have a friend who had a joint class with marketing majors for a project and they were like "oh, senior citizens don't want independence, they want to be waited hand and foot on by their children."

Marketing majors maybe the most socially unaware people I have ever met in my entire life.

Paul Market doesn't know about the Korra that teenagers want to watch or the Young Justice that takes itself seriously, that's not their job, that's not their problem.

You see the rating at the top of a show or a product, that's a marketers' target market.

Think about how much BANK Hasbro would have made by now if they market MLP toys to adult men and women, if they licensed a guy to do it for them?

Legal, Marketing, Creative, all of the teams almost never talk, ever.

Ever wondered why shit gets C&D orders from a company even though the creator of that idea or item doesn't care? It's because the above teams never talk.

There's actually a video EpicNameBro does talking about a class where he teaches marketing majors about games, and he's trying to tell them that consoles sell because of video games, and the entire time the marketing majors are saying "but what about face time? and the internet? and social media?" because that's what's hot right now.

A separate post because the above is messy.

Okay, you know that Korra game Platinum is making? Have you seen one thing for it yet?
We got a animated battle scene, not in game engine, not anything.
Think about how much that game is going to cost to make.

You know what would have sold just as much, maybe more and cost half of the amount to make?
A TallTell Avatar game that follows the side characters and events through separate times in history.

I am way more interested in iLoli's idea of a telltale avatar game. That'd be fucking rad!

To be fair Platinum games are almost NEVER advertised. I think I've seen ads for 2 platinum games since they came unto being. Revengeance and I think Vanquish.

To be fair Platinum games are almost NEVER advertised. I think I've seen ads for 2 platinum games since they came unto being. Revengeance and I think Vanquish.
All of the sick Bayonetta advertising in Japan that took over entire buildings and subway cars?

They just brought their own game to E3 this year.

rest of the world != japan
but what they did in japan was sick, yeah.

I want this game so bad. And it's gonna be on PC :D

I must admit, looks pretty good for a download only title, I like how you can switch from the bending styles so smoothly. And the stances and moves look pretty good too, they captured the essence of the show well.

honestly, I really hope they bring back the non-bender oppression that was present in the first season that was just dropped.

that'd make a great story if a spirit was like "I'm tired of this bender oppressing nonbender bullshit. you there! normal person! fight back!" and what not.

Holy shit it actually looks good, I should just stop doubting Platinum.

You know Platinum hasn't made a bad game since forming, right?
I have a tendency to assume that video games based on cartoons suck.

I have a tendency to assume that video games suck
that way they can surprise
either with how good or bad they are

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
chill out i just saw that it's up

stahp is the clique real in this too?

YO, IT'S UP?! A DAY EARLY? (I live in the west btw)
EDIT: *checks website*
Ruin pls
EDIT 2: Oooohhhhh

Last edited:
ok what's going on?

edit:

Okay. Ooookay. Looks like someone knows Abel's Ultra 2.

Last edited:
Everyone see the latest episode? That shit was so hype. What happened to the Earth Queen took my breath away.

Thinking on it now, I think I can guess why this show was taken...

...off the air.

YEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!

OKAY OKAY the red lotus is officially realer than Black Beetle's clique in Season 2 of Yung Justicez.

And that's saying A LOT

Reactions: Denizen
I had been wondering why no airbenders did this for a LONG TIME...like since right before bloodbending was introduced.
There's a lot of broken stuff airbenders can do but don't because of being Nomads...seems like zahir (zaheer?) won't have that problem.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I had been wondering why no airbenders did this for a LONG TIME...like since right before bloodbending was introduced.
There's a lot of broken stuff airbenders can do but don't because of being Nomads...seems like zahir (zaheer?) won't have that problem.
Same with firebenders, why not just touch someone and make their blood boil?
Earthbend someone into something and fuse them there?

It's probably a 3 part combination of ability, imagination, and it's a PG show.

Remember, the air scooter wasn't even thought up before Aang was born.
Metalbending is as little as like 70 years old.
We've never seen an earthbending LAVAbend before.

We don't know how young this world actually is.

It's too cruel, and airbenders are monks so even the thought of doing that is taboo. Katara even felt guilty for using bloodbending.

Earthbend someone into something and fuse them there?

I mean,
General What's-His-Face from the original series' Book 2's pilot almost did that, but brought Katara back up after Aang went Avatar State.

I mean,
General What's-His-Face from the original series' Book 2's pilot almost did that, but brought Katara back up after Aang went Avatar State.
That's submerging someone, I mean FUSING someone to the rock.

That's submerging someone, I mean FUSING someone to the rock.

I don't think
that's really possible.
How would you go about fusing someone to a rock?

if you wanna get technical, the human body is just a random assortment of minerals...minerals are earth...so in theory a good earthbender could meddle around with any "earth" as long as it's in high enough quantity(like calcium). I don't know about fusing someone to something...but it's not that big a stretch to say an earthbender could just break you where you stand.

if you wanna get technical, the human body is just a random assortment of minerals...minerals are earth...so in theory a good earthbender could meddle around with any "earth" as long as it's in high enough quantity(like calcium). I don't know about fusing someone to something...but it's not that big a stretch to say an earthbender could just break you where you stand.
Someone saw Xmen recently

Reactions: Jutsei and CapnWTF
So this episode was amazing.
Tenzin is hype as fuck. That Combustion Girl assist is too strong though. Damn.

Finally I'm all caught up.
This show has slowly been turning into a teenage girl's fan fiction.
Every time the Red Lotus is not on screen you should be asking, "Where is the Red Lotus?"

These are a couple of my raw thoughts while watching, I still like it though.

most teenage girls don't really write lesbian fanfics
but more Korra and Asami is always nice

Kai is not living up to my expectations. Tenzin is the last of the real OGs.
When is Bolin going to metalbend, I swear if they keep him irrelevant I'm gonna...

ENOUGH OF THIS FAN FICTION ROMANCE, PLEASE.

I don't like to be the guy, who's all like, the best option is to have no expectations, because I really hate that guy.
But Kai is seriously living up to my expectations because I knew exactly what the character would amount to the first episode he was in.

And yeah, in all three seasons the romance has seriously been the series' weak link, but other than that I think season 3's been going great, I wish the not-Zaheer villains would get a little more characterization, but aside from that,
and you know, the romance,
no real complaints.

Zahir's amazing he's like a fucking Metal Gear Villain, I only wish he kept his fantastic hair and beard.
I'm gonna give Kai the benefit of the doubt and wait for him to make a splash in this story, for personal reasons.

Zahir is like a fucking Metal Gear villain he's amazing, I only wish he kept his fantastic hair and beard.
I'm gonna give Kai the benefit of the doubt and wait for him to make a splash in this story, for personal reasons.

Yeah, Zahir's (Zaheer, Zahir, I don't fuckin know) great.
I wish the spread out his fantastic characterization to the other members of his posse.

(Zaheer, Zahir, I don't fuckin know)
I looked it up and apparently it's Zaheer.
Zahir looks cooler...