• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Baby Got Boots: Parasoul Combo Thread

CH j.hp combo on standing corner that I like to do
j.hp
c.mk c.hp pillar
(otg) st.mp c.hp
j.mp j.hp j.hk
s.mk st.hp hp lp shot
s.lk st.hp lk soldier
j.mk j.hp
lp lp mk mk hp hp whatever ender

Works on everyone not double, big band. Don't let people tell you jmp jhp jhk restand doesn't work on bella without otg because it does, just delay the sj a bit after the launcher.

Hi! I'm new to Skullgirls. I found a problem when practicing this combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZcpAk7Dsr6o#t=31 (from 0.31 to 0.44) - after napalm shot Filia does a green burst :(
I guess I'm doing something wrong, or is this video outdated and devs has changed something since that?
How to do more damage than? I've seen videos with other characters doing 8K+ damage per combo.

Another question - Cerebella, Double and especially Big Band have significantly larger hitboxes than other characters. Are there any special Parasoul combos against them? More effective than 7K+ damage midscrean combos that are posted here?
I've found this
on youtube, but combos of this guy does less damage than midscrean universal combo, so there is no point in using them (except aesthetic one).

And the last question: what cancel (Egret Call) is good for? I've found it is useful after bHK and lvl3 Super, but are there any other moves that can be cancelled effectively? (in the Parasoul trailer they cancel the grab, but I don't see a reason to do that: you can continue the attack without Egret Call).

That video is outdated. Green burst means undizzy is full. Undizzy starts counting up at stage 3 until it hits 240. Watch the green bar under health in the current version of SG Encore. @ILoveElza

So... anyone tried these stuff already? @CaioLugon pointed it out and I thought it was pretty neat.

Btw..
L Shot > j.lp > j.mk > j.hp leaves you at 30 frames of advantage
L Shot > j.lp > j.hp > xx L Toss > xx j.d.mk > j.hp leaves you at 18 frames of advantage
6103 sideswitch
c.lk > s.mp > s.hp > s.hp > xx L Shot
j.lp > j.mk (float) > (delay) j.b.lk
c.hp
j.mp > j.hp > j.hk
s.mp > s.hp > s.hp > xx L Shot
s.lk > s.lk > s.mk > s.mk > s.hp > s.hp > xx M Shot > xx Snipe

5846 midscreen 1
j.lp > j.hp > xx L Toss > xx j.d.mk > j.hp
s.lp > s.lp > s.mp > s.b.hk > xx H Toss (2)
dash > s.lk > s.lk > s.mk > s.mk > s.hp > s.hp > xx Pillar > xx Snipe

6304 midscreen 2
j.lp > j.mk > j.hp
c.hp
j.mp > j.hp > xx L Toss > j.hk
b.hk > xx H Toss
(dash) s.lk > s.lk > s.mk > s.mk > s.hp > s.hp > xx Pillar > xx Snipe

6101 midscreen 3
j.lp > j.mk > j.hp
c.hp
j.mp > j.hp > j.hk
s.lk > s.lk > s.mp > xx L Shot
s.lp > s.mp > s.hp > s.hp > xx M Shot > xx Snipe
Have not tested in any character other than Fortune. Keep that in mind.

Last edited:
Sweet mother of god... I gotta learn that. How effective are they in actual game play?

How effective are they in actual game play?
If you're talking about the combos... I don't think they're useful at all. No big rewards regarding difficulty vs damage. The burst bait/reset setup and the sideswitch are the stuff I like the most.

Started messing with them already. I can't land them on Bella at all. Haven't tested on whole cast, but I'm guess it's pretty select on who this works on.

Reactions: noaa

Yeah I'm putting this here. Get at me I don't care. I'll totally do impractical things in a match.

Reactions: IsaVulpes
What are some optimal combos for Parasoul off of a throw? Forward, back, and air.

Pretty much the last thing I need in my immediate repitoire.

What are some optimal combos for Parasoul off of a throw? Forward, back, and air.

Pretty much the last thing I need in my immediate repitoire.

Got these from the Japanese player Poccola.
I usually go for
these combos after a ground throw.

And these after an air throw

Great thing about these combos is that you can end them early for less undizzy or on your second/third rep, do MK Napalm toss after B.HK, then j.LK, j.HP and then do some cross-under/overhead/low or stand low/throw/whatever.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or is (against an airborne opponent), j.lp -> j.lp -> land -> c.lk -> c.hp -> j.mp -> j.hp -> j.hk -> stuff a lot more consistent than using a c.mk for the OTG?

Or am I just doing something really wrong?

So, what options do I have for combos from an s.hpx2 starter if I won't be able to use a cancel because the cancel dude is still on screen?

You have to use Sniper or Assist. If you don't have meter, or assists, and you didn't sHP into a tear to detonate, you can't really do anything. It's -5 on hit though so in most cases you shouldn't be punished unless they use super (or are Fortune?)

EDIT: Oh, I thought this was assuming from a crossup situation where you have no charge at all and don't use napalm quake

Last edited:
So, what options do I have for combos from an s.hpx2 starter if I won't be able to use a cancel because the cancel dude is still on screen?

sHPx2 LShot sLP sMP LShot dash sLK
sHPx2 LShot sMP MToss sLK cHP/sHPx2

EDIT: Isa beat me

I've been playing around with Para since I'd like a nice pillar assist for my PW. Here's a little universal combo I came up with that works on the whole cast:

c.LK, c.MK, c.HP, superjump,
j.LP, j.HP,
c.LK OTG, c.HP
j.LK, j.MK, *j.HK (*=slight delay to ensure you land with hitstun),
s.LPx2, s.MP, s.HPx2 > M Tear > Scope Shot (Tear explodes during crumple)

This combo does about 5.1K (5.6K with a j.HP jump-in). Are there any noticeable spots where I could increase the damage output? I can't extend the combo after the tear explodes because my drama is maxed out, although maybe I could burst bait with 6s.HP or something... Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

If your first chain is planned to be a launch, you're better off going with the tear BnB. it's also universal. I forget the damage, but it's

chain of choice into c.HP
j.mp, j.hp xx mk tear, j.hp
c.mk, s.hp x2 xx lk egret dash foraward
s.lk, s.mk, s.hp x2 xx lp shot
s.lp, s.mk, s.hp x2 ender of choice.

Reactions: Flurp Sensei
Alright, I will see if I can boost the damage with that. Thanks a lot!

OK, I just tested out a few things that I think potentially make my originally posted combo pretty sick. After Scope goes off, the tear explodes and you can get another hit off, but it sets off drama. I can easily circumvent that with level 3 (potentially followed up with an Egret Cancel), but 3 meters after just using a meter to end my BnB is asking for a lot. However, 6s.HP has enough reach to completely out-space the burst. I'm thinking I should have enough time to dash up and do something, or maybe I should shoot another Tear into another Scope for another combo...

Also, during the BnB, if you do j.MP immediately after the j.MK instead of the delayed j.HK, Para will immediately drop down while setting off IPS. If the opponent bursts in the air, she's sitting below them perfectly safe ready to fully punish. Unfortunately, this doesn't work on BB because he is too big and his burst always catches her. (>_<)

Edit: So I confirmed that I have enough time to dash up and get a full new combo off the burst bait with 6s.HP. It would seem that the opponent is also not allowed to tech during the bait because pressing a button causes burst similar to a sweep burst bait.

However, I am having a lot of difficulty pulling off the j.HP xx Toss, j.HP. What exactly is the timing for that? :/

Last edited:
However, I am having a lot of difficulty pulling off the j.HP xx Toss, j.HP. What exactly is the timing for that? :/

IIRC this needs to be as fast as you can do it, since delaying the second HP I've found can sometimes detonate the tear you laid down, messing up the landing portion. I just kind of mash out the second jHP after the tear toss. Unless its messing up in a different way?

I just have to say, picking up Parasoul and learning combos and stuff has given me a newfound hatred appreciation for Double, why does she (it?) have to be such a fat bitch?

Also, any tips for linking normals off of s.HPx2>L Egret? I keep trying to do it but the combo always drops, am I just being a turd and not doing it fast enough? 'tis frustrating since ground chains seem much better/easier to do against Bella/BB/Dubs than air combos

And lastly, just out of curiosity is there any significant difference between Parasoul's forward and backward throws other than the obvious fact that the back throw puts them closer to you (making for easier followups), I almost always see people use her back throw in vids and I was wondering why that is...

You can't link after s.HP with the roman cancel unless you detonate a tear shot with on of the s.hp

Reactions: Flurp Sensei
Ah, well I guess that would make sense, I mean, I'm no Desk, but I knew my execution wasn't THAT bad lol. So I guess I can only do it after linking two chains with L Shot?

yeah. The standard non-corner parasoul combo uses a teardrop detonation off of s.hp x2 and there's a corner variant that uses c.hp tear detonation, but i think that's it for grounded HP links.

cool. Thanks, you saved my thumbs a lot of agony trying to grind out something in training mode that wouldn never have even worked in the first place lol

Turn on advanced attack data and learn to read the numbers at the bottom, that will help a lot. Backthrow nets you a free easy charge also, BTW, by just continuing to hold back. If you've already used an egret too recently you can LToss dash sLK to cancel the throw or an LShot after they've fallen behind you along with an assist call ( you can do 46LPMK )

In the corner forward throw, you can cancel it with down up charge moves like pillar

Backthrow into bike with dashing is full corner carry, good right? Good

And lastly, just out of curiosity is there any significant difference between Parasoul's forward and backward throws other than the obvious fact that the back throw puts them closer to you (making for easier followups), I almost always see people use her back throw in vids and I was wondering why that is...

The big difference is that, for midscreen, it is a lot easier to combo off of Backthrow using L Egret or a Tear Toss like gllt said. Forward throw is trickier midscreen. In the corner though, forward throw is fine. Technically you can also combo off of forward throw midscreen with Egret BikexxBike Super -> dash-in sLK, but it's a lot harder to do than just simply making your ground throws be backthrows.

Yeah I'm putting this here. Get at me I don't care. I'll totally do impractical things in a match.
how do you cause the tear detonation that happens at 5 seconds in this video? like the button input
it looks to me like you're using QCB LP and then detonating it with an air normal (j LP) before the tear moves too far away (it would normally go all the way to the ground), this is not working for me in training mode

how do you cause the tear detonation that happens at 5 seconds in this video? like the button input
it looks to me like you're using QCB LP and then detonating it with an air normal (j LP) before the tear moves too far away (it would normally go all the way to the ground), this is not working for me in training mode

QCB LK causes a tear toss in the air, jLP detonates it. You have to hold the LK a bit so that you can 'place' the tear closer to you. Try releasing LK when you go to press LP, that's how I time it.

oh i had no idea the QCB LK was sensitive to how long you held the button! that makes things way more interesting! thanks for the quick response

Reactions: gllt
oh i had no idea the QCB LK was sensitive to how long you held the button! that makes things way more interesting! thanks for the quick response

Yes, in the air and on the ground. Here's a cool thing you can try.

Do QCB MK on the ground. Don't hold it.
Do QCB MK on the ground. Hold it for just a bit.
Do QCB MK on the ground. Hold it for a looong time. You'll realize when to stop.