• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Bayonetta thread? Bayonetta thread

Hoping for more Bayo/DMC jokes in the future

Playing as Rodin in multiplayer though.
I betcha that everyone playable in Tag Climax will end up playable in Story mode somehow, and vice versa.

It's so surreal to hear Bill Trinen talking about Bayonetta with the same inflection he does in all his translated scripts.

iM0OKwSrGld4.gif

EX Spinning Bird Kick AND Tenshoukyaku. Since when was Bayonetta Chun-Li?

iM0OKwSrGld4.gif

Goddamn, GODDAMN!!!

This game...I am so ready for iittttttttt!!

It took me so much discipline to not watch the trailer. I watched/read literally nothing about this game. When I buy it, I'll probably friggin climax forreal.

Or just outright explode. Either way....I expect good shit from Bayonetta 2. Good shit indeed!!!

iM0OKwSrGld4.gif

We have 4 brooms at my job
You can imagine how I view them now

Wikia added a bunch of new stuff.

A clearer look at the new weapons. Top to bottom: Rakshasa, Undine, Chernabog and Kafka.
WUPP_AQU_wpon02-Rakshasa_1_R_ad.jpg

WUPP_AQU_wpon02-Undine_1_R_ad.jpg

WUPP_AQU_wpon02-Chernobog_1_R_ad.jpg

WUPP_AQU_wpon02-Kafka_1_R_ad.jpg

Also, the Infernal Demons entry has some more info on them. I knew the frog would be Bael or some variation of it...

Wikia added a bunch of new stuff.

A clearer look at the new weapons. Top to bottom: Rakshasa, Undine, Chernabog and Kafka.
WUPP_AQU_wpon02-Rakshasa_1_R_ad.jpg

WUPP_AQU_wpon02-Undine_1_R_ad.jpg

WUPP_AQU_wpon02-Chernobog_1_R_ad.jpg

WUPP_AQU_wpon02-Kafka_1_R_ad.jpg

Also, the Infernal Demons entry has some more info on them. I knew the frog would be Bael or some variation of it...
What would we do without you, Balder. Thank you so much for everything. (That Nintendo Direct had me crying tears of joy... And fangirling... a lot...)

Wonder Toys tho

We sell Wonderful and Wonderful accessories

Is anyone getting the classic controller to play Bayonetta? I heard that the gamepad has no qualms with the game but :T I think I'll feel more comfortable with a controller.

Well I got two Pro controllers for Karting with buds whenever I have people over so I guess I'll try that for a change of pace
Although I think some type of thing will be on the gamepad's touchscreen that would make the game easier for beginners (items at a touch, auto comboing like UMVC3 on the Vita, etc.)
I doubt any sane player trying to Platinum or PP the game would use these features but I'm thinking they will be there

Edit: At 8:30 on the Direct Video Balder has up there, it shows that you can swipe the screen to fight

Well I got two Pro controllers for Karting with buds whenever I have people over so I guess I'll try that for a change of pace
Although I think some type of thing will be on the gamepad's touchscreen that would make the game easier for beginners (items at a touch, auto comboing like UMVC3 on the Vita, etc.)
I doubt any sane player trying to Platinum or PP the game would use these features but I'm thinking they will be there

Edit: At 8:30 on the Direct Video Balder has up there, it shows that you can swipe the screen to fight

Eh, yeah I'm def gettin the controller now.

I am absolutely going to use my Classic Controller for Bayo. I have already expressed on the Platinum and (I believe) Smash threads my utter HATRED towards the Wii U Tablet, and there is no way I am going to use a controller that feels even slightly uncomfortable on a game as fast-paced and challenging as Bayo 2 will be.

That being said, has it already been confirmed that there won't be any of those "look at the screen" sections in Bayo 2?
Nintendo, must you ruin every game with gimmick crap?
You can still fight with buttons on the Wii U Tablet, if I'm not mistaken. The screen stuff is all optional.

Reactions: Fat-Ass ♪

Well it's not like you to have to use the touch screen stuff
It's there so more people will be drawn to the game
Then they'll buy it
Then P* gets more moola

And then they use their almighty financial power to force Wonder Red into Smash

Sniped by President Juju

Reactions: juju_for_president
What are you talking about. The WiiU pad is fine, you haven't played the game, the game looks as good as the original

EDIT: If you actually think these two features are gimmicks, I'd like to point you to anyone who likes to use features of their console and is not 100% in-tune with this kind of genre. New and "Casual" players will appreciate this and if you slide that off as a gimmick, YOU ARE BIG FOOL.

Like you've been a butt this whole thread, shush it.

That being said, Bayonetta 2 Direct killed me 100%. I have never been more excited to buy something.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
What are you talking about. The WiiU pad is fine, you haven't played the game, the game looks as good as the original

Neither have you...

Like you've been a butt this whole thread, shush it.

What have I done here that was so awful that you need to call me names?

Nah you're good
You just have a different opinion than most of the people here
But we all know that's against Internet rules

All that aside, despite not playing the game, I'm sure most of if not everybody here has been exposed to the greatness that is a P* game so we have our predictions on how it will be
Some had fears that Ninty would babyify it, but looking at the Direct and the trailer, Bayonetta is still as sexy (if not more so) than ever (remember that Ninty said to give the Peach costume LESS clothing to fit the game's atmosphere)
Just try to give P* the benefit of the doubt as they have shown us they know how to make a game with actual effort in it

Sidenote: The Wii U Pad is like sex in your hands
Like the thing looks clunky but it's feels great
People have different hands so I can't talk for everyone on Earth but all of my friends who were naysayers thought otherwise after I forced put it in their hands

I think it all depends on what KIND of butt...now, if you're being a flat butt...no bueno.

Well I guess we know what part of our heroine you're looking forward to

Edit: Yes I'm watching the Direct now because I haven't had a chance to and reporting things that you all probably already know what of it

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Fat-Ass ♪
I loved Bayonetta and I really want to play the sequel, but I'm wary because I bought a Wii for SSBB and was rather underwhelmed by it. I wasn't terribly impressed with the waggle mechanics of a lot of the games, either. I admit that Super Mario Galaxy was pretty fun, but mostly I just spent my time with the virtual console stuff. Buying Bayonetta 2 right now would be a $360 outlay for me which is a little difficult to swing when I can barely finance a trip to McDonalds.

I'm not trying to be a butt, honestly.

I'd love to play Bayonetta 2 as I loved the first game, but I still see no reason to invest in a Wii U when it has nothing else to offer.
I'm not in position to buy a console for one game. Especially a console from a company that refuses to make a proper controller.
Like these things. Downplaying the worth of the WiiU Library, claiming that a controller isn't proper ( what even defines a proper controller? It is completely usable ), and "ruining the game with gimmick crap" are the things that kind of soil a thread about a subject.

I can't help you if you got offended at me calling you a butt, but these kind of posts gotta go. You can dislike whatever but you don't just make stuff like GAME RUINED GIMMICK SHIT when it is an optional function.

Enjoy the thread

EDIT: If it is unclear, I am not actually trying to be super angry or anything but those kind of posts sour the attitude of the thread throughout.

Like these things. Downplaying the worth of the WiiU Library, claiming that a controller isn't proper ( what even defines a proper controller? It is completely usable ), and "ruining the game with gimmick crap" are the things that kind of soil a thread about a subject.

I can't help you if you got offended at me calling you a butt, but these kind of posts gotta go. You can dislike whatever but you don't just make stuff like GAME RUINED GIMMICK SHIT when it is an optional function.

Enjoy the thread

EDIT: If it is unclear, I am not actually trying to be super angry or anything but those kind of posts sour the attitude of the thread throughout.

If there's nothing else on the system that appeals to me and the game that I want has been needlessly locked into exclusivity, which in turn locks me out of playing it, then why is to so wrong for me to express my disappointment with that?

Rodin is playable
I don't see why that isn't reason enough to buy the game like 101 times

Also "needlessly" is a strong word
Considering Nintendo was the only company cool enough to give our favorite hair witch a chance

If there's nothing else on the system that appeals to me and the game that I want has been needlessly locked into exclusivity, which in turn locks me out of playing it, then why is to so wrong for me to express my disappointment with that?
That's fine until you have to replace "nothing else to offer" with "any other product I am interested in".

Bayonetta being on a Nintendo console can be chalked up to "we have no publisher, and no-one will publish our game", not being needless-- almost the opposite, necessary

I can't get over the fact that Bayo 2 has confirmed online play. I have always wanted to play the game with friends and couch-passing is great, but having an option to have 2 players simultaneously is beyond awesome. It's the kind of thing I appreciate...

Now let's just see whether or not we have to play 100 chapters to get SAI FUNG II

yeah they
they're kind of the reason that the game is getting made

In BlackRoseAngel's defense, while I certainly don't feel the same about the addition of optional Wii U Tablet controls, and some of the negativity he has expressed in general, I honestly wouldn't recommend the Wii U, even for Bayo 2 and Smash... and this is coming from someone who owns a Wii U.

IMO the Wii U Tablet feels god-awful, the eShop library doesn't have enough games yet, the online and friend stuff isn't as well developed as on the 360 or PS3, and the alienation of third-party developers, while not the first time this has happened, will still limit the consoles library significantly.

Plus, while it is a different case here, since no publishers besides Nintendo wanted to publish Bayonetta 2, I can understand feeling disappointed about exclusivity, especially with the Wii U, as Rayman Legends being announced as a Wii U exclusive made me super butthurt.

"Rayman Origins was on everything with a screen! Why would they make the sequel a Wii U exclusive?!"

I was probably the one fan in the world that was dancing with joy rather than brandishing pitchforks and torches when the delay and ports announcement hit.

All that being said, I'm still glad I got a refurbished Wii U, and I can't freaking wait for Bayo 2. It's going to kick ass.

Rayman Legends is kind of the dopeness, although I didn't worry about the exclusivity because I just ended up not caring until PC came out, then played it with a friend. Back to Origins was kind of an AMAZING feature.

Reactions: juju_for_president
I'm not even asking for exclusives, just third-party developers to also port their titles to Wii U, DLC and all. Nintendo's first-party titles are just fine as exclusives.

Wii U doesn't have any good exclusives!

wii u gets exclusives

WHY THE FUCK WOULD ANYTHING BE EXCLUSIVE TO THE WII U

Dying
*looks at sig*
Dead
*looks at Custom Title*
Squigly

Reactions: shoryusatsu999