• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beast's Fury - Updates & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post is off topic.

WHAT?!?
I may have something very important to tell my friend about one of his (and probably a thousand other's) favorite game of all time, as an incentive to play Skullgirls...
Sold 8 million plus copies last I remember, probably more than a thousand people. :^P

I took over the animation system from the INCREDIBLE Jason Scanlin (my programming idol because of the way he prepared that system for my use, but he doesn't know that) when he moved on to bigger things. I initially said no, and the only reason I agreed do it was when they told me I also got to make the Jedi. HO-LY CRAP THE JEDI LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Anyway...I ended up designing the attacks for, and scripting, all the melee Heroes. I worked very closely with three extremely talented animators - I miss you, Juan and Elaina and Amy! We ended up accidentally saving the Wampa, which became the inspiration for Hunt mode. I tried to make sure they all felt different from each other, which was a major problem in SWBF1 even though the Heroes there weren't playable, and I think I did okay. Adding Mace Windu's ground stab almost got me fired. Vader has Hayato's dashing F+Fierce from MvC2, and there are a bunch of other fighting game references in there that I forget...very few people got the DLC :^( but Kit Fisto had the Summers Family Roundhouse and Rikuo's bubble (cuz he's a fish, see..) and Asajj Ventress had Spinning Bird Kick and freakin' LIGHTSABER NUNCHUCKS which we had a hell of a time getting past Lucasarts. Aayla Secura was probably my favorite hero, because the way she moved was just amazing. The simulation for her tentacles was sorta-cloth-simulation code I wrote that got reused in a bunch of other Pandemic games for various things. And I really liked the Acklay, because I thought it was cute.

I also added all the cheat codes, did the mod tools, found and fixed bugs, maintained the level editor (Fusculate!), and did some work on the physics system but nobody cares about any of those. :^P
It was certainly a great introduction to game development, I tell ya what. That whole development team was amazing, most everybody on it was ridiculously talented, it's kinda a shame they didn't bring us back together for SWBF3. Hahahahahaaaa.

A while after that, I ended up taking a hand-picked team and redoing all the playable characters and Heroes in LotR: Conquest in six months, but we shan't talk about that game. (=.=) Though there are a lot of good fighting game things in it.

This thread man. What's with the recent throwing your hands up in the air and saying "Well, what should we be doing then?" in this of all threads?

People have been giving pretty constructive advice about how to handle this project for months, so it is pretty disingenuous to suggest they just like bitching about it and have offered you nothing that applies to this personal project in the past.

You don't have to like it, or agree with it, but it was there all along if you truly wanted it.

This thread man. What's with the recent throwing your hands up in the air and saying "Well, what should we be doing then?" in this of all threads?

People have been giving pretty constructive advice about how to handle this project for months, so it is pretty disingenuous to suggest they just like bitching about it and have offered you nothing that applies to this personal project in the past.

You don't have to like it, or agree with it, but it was there all along if you truly wanted it.

Comments are everywhere, and it isn't organized in any easily accessible fashion. He's just trying to wipe down the table so he can set things back up nicely. He's not suggesting that we haven't been offering advice, or that we're simply bitching at every turn. He just doesn't want to get stuck talking about the past, so as a means of moving forward he's asking for advice. It's a good way to turn the conversation around and attempt to make something of what most would consider a tough situation to be in.

The whole reason he's asking for help now is to move on from the past. You're just bringing it up by talking about the fact that constructive criticism was, in many ways, always there. He knows that. Let's move on. Instead of complaining about the fact that he's asking for help, let's just help him...

If I am allowed to speak up regarding my perspective on how things are handled here, I'd say it's mediocre to good at best. I'm no developer guy, but I'm sure as hell is confused at the major lack of interactivity that the other developers of Beast's Fury has. Surprising that so far only one person on the developer team had the incentive of taking the advices, suggestion, and heck, even the harsh nudges and channels it to the other developers of the game.

Pardon me if there is any moot point that I forgot, as I've only been starting to watch this thread since today.

Because he's not a developer or animator, he actually can't build prototypes and iterations for years.
Here's a thing that honestly always puzzles me. People who want to get into making games (or making anything really) that are fine with staying in this position.

The difference between people who can build prototypes and people that can't is that the people who can build prototypes took time to learn how.
The difference between people who can animate and people that can't is that the people that can animate took time to learn how.

So if someone wants to make a game, and they are not taking the time to learn how to X... then... I simply don't get it. I'm not even saying said project lead has to be an integral member of the team for X, but he's certainly had a lot of time to begin to learn some programming/whatever.

There are two parts to it.

1. Say you spend years looking for someone to do X, instead of learning how to do X. If you fail at finding someone, you are no closer to getting X done. If you have learned some, you are closer because you can at least have done some of X yourself. (And you can learn how to do X AND look for someone to do X at the same time. In fact, I think it's the best possible thing. Because then it becomes easier to talk about X with the people you're looking for.)

2. If you finally end up finding people who do X without knowing anything about X, they could be totally lying (intentionally or unintentionally) to you about progress or how long it takes to do X, and you end up not catching it because your only experience with X is finding people to do X. (Edit2: And this is a big part of why budgets go haywire. Think about this.)

I think if you want to make a game, your time could not be better spent than by learning X. Games take a long time to make. If you're already a programmer, you could by the end of the project have learned some basic drawing. If you're already an artist, you could have learned some scripting by the end of the project. Or you could have learned some animation, or how to render better, draw faster, whatever. So if at the start of the project you know nothing, and are planning to learn nothing more by the end of the project...

This project has been around since at least 2012, which is plenty of time to learn some X.

Edit: To make this rant relevant to you Evil-Dog, who is the one actually posting here.

Your X is fighting game knowledge. The game designer next to you might be a high place EVO finisher, but that doesn't necessarily mean he knows a lot about implementation of things because his X is probably programming. A good example of this is the point (and allowing it to go below the stage during air attacks), which I admit I both did not know, and would not have implemented in that way without hearing Mike Z talk about it.

There's more! There may be things in fighting games he simply assumes that you know. I realize on occasion when explaining games to people just how much there is that I kind of take for granted that people know. Someone who has never played video games doesn't know that A button is probably what will advance text.

Fighting games have stuff like that even for people who have played fighting games but haven't gone in-depth with them. There are people playing and enjoying fighting games that have say... a juggle limit they don't even know about it. This could be you. I'm not saying it IS you, but it could be. Is it? Have you played enough to know?

So it would help you to play fighting games for understanding, regardless of whether or not the game is funded further. Because a higher level of understanding can only help you. It cannot hurt you, you should not wait.

I didn't want to make a new post about it, but thanks for catching a mistake that changed what I had meant to say, @Mike_Z. I fixed some other small things too.

Last edited:
Here's a thing that honestly always puzzles me. People who want to get into making games (or making anything really), that are fine with staying in this position.

The difference between people who can build prototypes and people that can't is that the people who can build prototypes took time to learn how.
The difference between people who can animate and people that can't is that the people that can animate took time to learn how.

So if someone wants to make a game, and they are not taking the time to learn how to X... then... I simply don't get it. I'm not even saying said project lead has to be an integral member of the team for X, but he's certainly had a lot of time to begin to learn some programming/whatever.

There are two parts to it.

1. Say you spend years looking for someone to do X, instead of learning how to do X. If you fail at finding someone, you are no closer to getting X done. If you have learned some, you are closer because you can at least have done some of X yourself. (And you can learn how to do X AND look for someone to do X at the same time. In fact, I think it's the best possible thing. Because then it becomes easier to talk about X with the people you're looking for.)

2. If you finally end up finding people who do X, without knowing anything about X they could be totally lying (intentionally or unintentionally) to you about progress or how long it takes to do X, and you end up not catching it because your only experience with X is finding people to do X. (Edit2: And this is a big part of why budgets go haywire. Think about this.)

I think if you want to make a game, your time could not be better spent learning X. Games take a long time to make. If you're already a programmer, you could by the end of the project have learned some basic drawing. If you're already an artist, you could have learned some scripting by the end of the project. Or you could have learned some animation, or how to render better, draw faster, whatever. So if at the start of the project you know nothing, and are planning to learn nothing more by the end of the project...

This project has been around since at least 2012, which is plenty of time to learn some X.

Edit: To make this rant relevant to you Evil-Dog, who is the one actually posting here.

Your X is fighting game knowledge. The game designer next to you might be a high place EVO finisher, but that doesn't necessarily mean he knows a lot about implementation of things because his X is probably programming. A good example of this is the point (and allowing it to go below the stage during air attacks), which I admit I both did not know, and would not have implemented in that way without hearing Mike Z talk about it.

There's more! There may be things in fighting games he simply assumes that you know. I realize on occasion when explaining games to people just how much there is that I kind of take for granted that people know. Someone who has never played video games doesn't know that A button is probably what will advance text.

Fighting games have stuff like that even for people who have played fighting games but haven't gone in-depth with them. There are people playing and enjoying fighting games that have say... a juggle limit they don't even know about it. This could be you. I'm not saying it IS you, but it could be. Is it? Have you played enough to know?

So it would help you to play fighting games for understanding, regardless of whether or not the game is funded further. Because a higher level of understanding can only help you. It cannot hurt you, you should not wait.
This post is actually amazing and pretty much describes my last 12 months.

I never wanted to be an idea guy, but when stuff gets too complex I was looking to others instead of myself and we've only regained momentum now that I'm grinding out that stuff myself.

I think if you want to make a game, your time could not be better spent learning X.
"could not be better spent than by learning X"? Otherwise, excellent.

Reactions: Kasumi
Your X is fighting game knowledge...So it would help you to play fighting games for understanding, regardless of whether or not the game is funded further. Because a higher level of understanding can only help you. It cannot hurt you, you should not wait.

I definitely agree with this.

If you're going to design a game, you should have an absolutely deep and fundamental understanding of the genre. I've seen lots of new developers come on to forums and say they're going to make an anime fighter or a touhou clone, and then admit that they've only played 1 or 2 games in whatever genre they've decided to tackle. "I don't think I need to play a million games though"*, yeah you do.

This goes especially if you're trying to make something that appeals to people outside of the genre. Just saying "it might not appeal to hardcore fans/traditionalists" isn't enough to excuse poor knowledge of your chosen genre, because if you don't absolutely understand the essence of the genre, you will not be able to communicate it to outsiders. You'll only succeed in making something that does not appeal to casuals or hardcore players.

If you're going to make something that mixes multiple genres together, goes for a different niche, or is outside the box in any way, you need to know the strengths and weaknesses of your genre to pull it off intelligently. If you're going for a traditionalist approach, you need to know as much about the genre as you can, or your game won't be able to compete with the advancements and innovations made in that genre. Either way, do your homework.

I have yet to see any of them actually succeed for finish their project.

That's why I don't really accept the criticism that we're just dummies in the dark about this.
By not having a completed demo your team has made people think that. You can promise all you want and say "Don't worry guys we got this!" But if is not in the demo people can't trust it.
As for the second question if you don't want to buy SG and figure it out yourself you can look up the hitbox and see for yourself. I'll post the answer later but I'm on a phone and got to get back to work.

Last edited:
Your X is fighting game knowledge. The game designer next to you might be a high place EVO finisher, but that doesn't necessarily mean he knows a lot about implementation of things because his X is probably programming
This reply and a couple following it seem to have it backward, MY thing is programming and making games, HIS thing is indepth knowledge of fighting games, that's a great combination by any standard. I know quite enough about fighting games to code what needs coded and then the extra more indepth stuff, the little details that can take hardcore players to their limit, is why the game designer is the game designer with the knowledge about the precise genre of the game that is being made. If you think otherwise, I think you're slightly deluded about the reality of this job. Mike Z is an awesome anomaly, but not a prerequisite.

took time to learn how
I sure couldn't disagree with that, but at the end of the day, some people are idea people. That's where I, animators and everyone come in to do the work if funds are there. If not, then we're not doing the work, or at least not enough of the work nor fast enough to bring the project somewhere.

The whole reason he's asking for help now
Sorry to disappoint but I'm not really asking for help, my job is coding the game if funds are there and I come here to talk to you guys, which I don't have to but I enjoy it, sometimes haha, I'm just curious of your views on the whole thing. Everyone basically replied that we should just work more on the demo, which is not really a possibility at this point, no funds, no work, at least, like said before, not at any rate that is sufficient to bring the game to fruition. For the demo, I worked mostly part time and mostly for free, I got some money to focus a bit more on it for a time and then I was back to working for free in my spare time like right now. For me to really take the game somewhere and fast and annihilate that todolist, I'd need funds to work full time on it. No one trusts us going in with the current state of the demo which can be understandable, but everyone also want us to take the same path as SG did, that's not possible, there are core differences that we've been going through over the last pages, at this point, there's no beating around the bush, it's two options, give this new plan a chance if you think we can do it, don't give this new plan a chance if you don't think we can do it. That's the simple line where people will need to choose side. As I stated, my part is being the full time programmer if we get the funds and I'll be happy to do it. I love this project, our budget is tight but doable imo...so...hmm....go donate? lol

By the way, I'm sorry if you don't get a direct reply or not a detailed enough answer, like I said earlier to Skullmageddon (I think), there's a constant flow of lengthy replies here that I can't continue handling, it's a bit much and my actual work is suffering from it, but I do read them all and take notes when I see fit.

This reply and a couple following it seem to have it backward, MY thing is programming and making games, HIS thing is indepth knowledge of fighting games, that's a great combination by any standard. I know quite enough about fighting games to code what needs coded and then the extra more indepth stuff, the little details that can take hardcore players to their limit, is why the game designer is the game designer with the knowledge about the precise genre of the game that is being made. If you think otherwise, I think you're slightly deluded about the reality of this job. Mike Z is an awesome anomaly, but not a prerequisite

"X" here is the thing you have to learn so yes your "X" is more in depth knowledge of fighting games.

Reactions: Mr Peck and Kasumi
X in those cases was the X you haven't yet learned. In other words, you appear to not yet have advanced fighting game knowledge. (And that could be wrong, just reflect on it.) I admit that was unclear, but for what it's worth I did understand who was who when I made that point. The piece to take away is that there may be things he's taking for granted that you know, and so it cannot hurt you to spend some time messing around with various games in the genre. The second piece to take away is there may be things he's not aware of, simply because they don't affect his decision making in play.

I don't expect everyone to have Mike Z level knowledge in the genre they work on, no. I'm not even saying your current arrangement (EVO winner+programmer) is a bad one. I'm saying you taking some time to acquire some of that knowledge can only help. That is what my post was advocating. I don't understand why you said you'd do that only if the latest kickstarter was funded, is all. If your reason is that you're not going to work on the game anymore in that case, I both understand and respect that decision.

RE: Idea people... The shortest thing I can say is that I think, often, someone who has worked in the field has a better idea of what works in it. Obviously you believe in the project lead or you wouldn't be working on the project, so perhaps that's all I will say.

Edit: Woah, ninja'd by Pickles about X. Cool.

Last edited:
you'd do that only if the latest kickstarter was funded
That was just a joke, but I have played a lot of fighting games, and I often fire SF4 up to check how they're doing some of the stuff I'm coding.
If a mechanic is explainable (it always is) then it's codable with no problem. That's why the game designer is there. I could play for 10 years and still not know enough about fighting games compared to a competitive player who made his life goals to know all about fighting games like he has. It's like when I played badminton with a friend who had been playing for over 10 years, I had been playing for only 2 years but with a coach, I destroyed him flat. So even though I played plenty fighting games, Andrew has the indepth knowledge I could never have, I will learn that with him, just like a coach, and he wouldn't be able learn enough programming for it matter with the implementation. You don't ask an animator to know programming, you don't ask the programmer to know how to model and rig a 3d character, all you need is enough mutual knowledge for the collaboration to go smoothly. I play fighting games enough and he plays fighting games A LOT, not sure where you guys are going with this.

Last edited:
Hmmmm didn't you ask for everyone's opinion on a particular matter? It's one thing if you're just curious as to what people think, but if you're asking for opinions so as to help you or someone else make an informed decision then I'd consider that asking for help. Not that I expect you to make any rash decisions based on our comments, I just tried to take the question seriously is all. Doesn't matter though. My point was just that we should be trying to help in a more positive way rather than simply argue over what's been done.

Reactions: Wenzel
Unless you want to donate your considerable animating talents Skull, I don't think there is any helping to be done with this. They aren't going to suddenly change course because somebody's words turned on the light bulb above their heads for the eureka moment. It's full steam ahead until the train runs out of track and crashes spectacularly.

Having a developer here gives us the illusion that a productive conversation is taking place where we can influence the final product, but Mike Z. this ain't.

I ain't expecting to actually help them in any real way. I also don't expect them to be seeking advice at this point. I expect them to just do whatever they're going to do. But they need feedback, thoughts, have questions, etc etc then I don't mind helping if I can.

to help you or someone else make an informed decision then I'd consider that asking for help
My decision isn't up for debate, I'll program the game if I'm able to live off programming the game full time :)
Like you said, I was asking for opinions, sure they can help but I expected the opinions that wouldn't help and I got them. People are just rehashing the same points. The bottomline is that the suggestions are as unrealistic as you all think the budget is, no fund and the project is pretty much dead, that's about it, so we'll do our best to get the funds if enough people agree with us that we're doing something worthy and make the game.

But they need feedback, thoughts, have questions
Yeah, my file is bloated with everything people are saying here about actually making the game, not about how we should have done this or that or how we should stop or how we're vain scamming liars or what was done in the past and blablabla, I take the actual useful information to build the game cause that'll be my job and I take it to heart. People keep making big lists of what the game needs and it's all going in my files.

we should be trying to help in a more positive way rather than simply argue over what's been done.
I wholeheartedly agree. The problem is that people are not moving beyond the crowfunding in progress so, they do not accept any of the points I make and there's not much I can do about that. I'm aware of the plan with the funds and If it's funded, then I get the job and I can do something with all the feedback gathered, if it's not, then I won't. I'm not gonna put a full stop to the project, it's not MY project. That's part of some of the big misconceptions of what my role is in the project, the ownership of the project and my role for being here.

a productive conversation
It's as productive as you make it buddy. If you don't wanna bring anything to it, then don't. Plenty people have given plenty useful inputs so far.

Last edited:
Can stretch goal nonfulfillment be legally persecuted?

Because that is where protection is needed the most and would force developers to be much more conservative in their promises.

HIS thing is indepth knowledge of fighting games
If "HE" is the person that talked to me at UFGTX then....no, it isn't. HE needs to go play many MANY more fighting games, and look at them critically.
And YOU need to understand enough about fighting games to at least know why I say that his level of knowledge is not "in-depth". You need to be able to question. HOW things work is not WHY they work.

I may be an anomaly in that I know [fighting] game design and programming, but both sides of that knowledge are necessary to be successful. The designer has to know what it'll be like to implement something, and the programmer has to know what the goal is rather than just being told it. The programmer doesn't have to know why a sweep should have 12f startup, but they do need to be able to tell when hitbox interactions and cancel periods are working properly, how to implement a good input system, etc.

Can stretch goal nonfulfillment be legally persecuted?

Because that is where protection is needed the most and would force developers to be much more conservative in their promises.
Probably yeah, if the money reaches the stretchgoal then we're legally bound to deliver that part I assume.

What you've done in Beast's Fury demo clearly shows otherwise.
If you read the conversation up to date, you'll understand that this is a time and fund constraint, not a knowledge constraint, I worked on it spare time and for free most of time. I did plenty with the time spent, working on it full time would be a whole other ball game.

If
No offense Mike but everything you say after the very first word of your post is literally irrelevant. Why don't you get off your rage horse for a sec and start by asking if he is in fact that guy before spilling your disdain at a team member whose existence you haven't even confirmed. It's like when you flat out asserted in public that I was a lying coward avoiding your forum when there was a technical issue. Or when you assumed we had paying jobs and were still asking for money and criticized us on that when we don't actually have paying jobs. You keep making these pushy false assumptions and I don't get it, at all. I'm not a coding monkey who just code whatever I'm told either, another random insulting assertions thrown out there, we have lengthy discussions about everything we do and how it works in other games and how it's different in ours when it is, so I know the goals, he has the answers, I'm satisfied by them when they make sense to me and I'm not when they don't and we keep talking. It goes back to having enough mutual knowledge to have a smooth collaboration and understanding. You have this skewed perspective of everything and everyone in the project and you just roll with it blazing. And I'm not gonna base my opinion of our game designer based on your one-in-a-lifetime conversation with him at some event, if he's even the guy you talked to. I'd prefer if you went back to criticizing our budget and management, at least that's based on a palpable reality. We do discuss the whys of all the mechanics and the goals are clear. You upset me man...come on.

Well, I was going to buy this game until I saw the programmer's attitude and the fact that this is the fifth freakin kickstarter.
Seriously, pack it up. Its not going to happen and we all know it. Coming from someone who once said if he won the lottery he'd do the donation to get his own character in this.
Just throw in the damn towel already.

Sorry, I just...
argh

start by asking if he is in fact that guy
I talked to someone who was a designer working on Beasts Fury. I don't remember his name, because I'm bad with names, which is the only reason I left it as a question. I didn't mean, "I talked to some random guy, maybe he was associated with your project."

The rest of my post, about why you (personally) should know more about fighting game design, is relevant regardless of whether I met the guy because of the state of your demo. Your work speaks volumes.
You keep saying, "We did pretty well for what we raised, better than some other games." Yes, sure, you did better than Battle High San Bruno, but you're nowhere near Yatagarasu or even Pocket Rumble in terms of game design. Objectively, not subjectively. You have more higher-res frames, but that's it - the game underneath is riddled with problems that you won't even acknowledge are problems. You also keep saying, "Well we don't want to quit." Nobody's telling you to quit, but everyone is telling you to go at it differently.

Your team needs to play more fighting games. Your team needs to have a better understanding of fighting games. Your team needs to improve how they conduct business. Your team needs to learn how to properly scope and properly budget a project. None of these statements are rage, none are irrelevant, and none are false.

Just came across this. Haven't watched it yet but some of you guys are in it!

Reactions: dead and Pickles
Your work speaks volumes.
Yes, my mostly spare time work on the project, mostly for free, actually does speak volume, I agree. Once again, you flat out assume a bunch of things in your head like the amount of time I spent on it and you make your rock solid opinion on it and just blurt it out, no regards as to how accurate your information actually is, it's ridiculous, as if it's a black and white matter and that any amount of time coding on a project should or would result in the same level of quality in the end.
Yes you're right, it's not the best managed project in the world, yes it's not the best demo in the world, it's pretty bad with a bunch of issues and I have a huge todolist to tackle if I get to work on it full time, but don't add a bunch of uninformed nonsense especially about me who you don't know at all, my skills, hours spent, our designer's knowledge who you have talk to 1 freaking time if at all, what issues we're aware of and which one we're just too dumb to even know about, stick to what you know, say the demo is shit, I''ll agree, don't go beyond that with your personal ideas of how everything went down internally, you don't know ANY of that. And guessing isn't your forte so far.

Your team needs to play more fighting games. Your team needs to have a better understanding of fighting games. Your team needs to improve how they conduct business. Your team needs to learn how to properly scope and properly budget a project. None of these statements are rage, none are irrelevant, and none are false.
See, stay at that level of generalities and I'll at least agree with some of those, some of those are indeed not false. Are you at least gonna acknowledge that you unfairly called me a lying coward for absolutely no reason, and that you assumed out of the blue that we had paying jobs and criticized our campaign based on that? Your attitude from where I stand is basically "Hey I'm right on some things therefore I'll go ahead and make a bunch of other stuff up while criticizing you and never correct myself." It's really frustrating to read and I don't know why you go about it that way.

hey, have literally any of the points i mentioned been addressed yet?
Like I said before, I copy all of those lists in my todo file for review to go over each point. Don't worry, I didn't ignore it, some seemed like great points. Thanks.

the programmer's attitude
You mean the only person on the project who take time to come talk to you guys? I can leave if you want, my other projects would progress faster, I'll tell you that. I have no reward for being here but I decided to come here and take whatever input people had about the mechanics or balancing or ideas or whatever, and I do. Not sure what you expect from me. I'm literally a punching bag and I do my best to deal with it with as much civility as I can muster.

On a completely different and much more interesting note, does anyone know about really good videos about fighting game mechanics a normal player like me wouldn't grasp or perceive by just playing the games normally?

Last edited:
Yes you're right, it's not the best managed project in the world, yes it's not the best demo in the world, it's pretty bad with a bunch of issues and I have a huge todolist to tackle if I get to work on it full time
Ummm this statement is not very confidence building.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have agreed the demo isn't all that good. And are saying that things will be better once you can work full-time, which, I assume means when they reach the goal. So, "This demo (a thing you use to try to sell your game to people) isn't particularly good, but give more money to a project that's already had it's fair share of problems with financial allocation/management and it'll be much better, pinky swearz"

I can leave if you want, my other projects would progress faster, I'll tell you that. I have no reward for being here but I decided to come here and take whatever input people had about the mechanics or balancing or ideas or whatever, and I do. Not sure what you expect from me. I'm literally a punching bag and I do my best to deal with it with as much civility as I can muster.
You're getting much more benefit from this thread than we are, assuming that you take some of the feedback from here into account.

assuming that you take some of the feedback from here into account.
I sure do, but if my presence is met with a constant barrage of negativity, then it's not worth it for me, personally. I'll rely on other sources of feedback. I've been here since February so it's not like I have my tail between my legs (not a furry pun) at every criticism or negative remark. I can deal with plenty of it, but at some point it becomes more toxic than anything. So I hope the conversation can refocus on more productive information related to my task of programming the game given the funds are there.

I strongly suggest you guys spent sometime creating a official forum likes, SG, KI,Yatagarasu did, to receive fans get a strong/ directly feedbacks for the people who are actually testing.

Would be very helpful and less time wasting looking in all the internet for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.