• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf HK not adding dizzy effect

Dark Spark 47

AKA That O
Reaction score
Steam
Dark Spark 47
Squigly Double Beowulf
This may not be a bug, but I know that Beowulf's HK applies dizzy affect when not in a combo, and doesn't when it is in combo, but if you do an attack and then do the HK shortly after (just under the speed for it to count as a combo) it still won't apply the dizzy effect. Maybe this isn't a bug but it seems like one.

I think even though the jab didn't combo into the roundhouse, you're still chaining into roundhouse from jab, and the rule is that it doesn't stagger if you chain into it. I would say this is working as intended.

I think even though the jab didn't combo into the roundhouse, you're still chaining into roundhouse from jab, and the rule is that it doesn't stagger if you chain into it. I would say this is working as intended.
That; Not a bug.

Precedent is every other normal that works differently when chained into;
eg Bella sMP doesn't stagger if you do an sLP-sMP uncombo chain,
or Parasoul jHP / Fortune jHK are red bounce when "chained into", even if the first normal whiffs

First of all, just so there's no confusion, "dizzy" isn't the correct term here. Beowulf's s.Hk puts the opponent into "stagger", not to be confused with "undizzy" which is the term used to refer to a green burst.

But yes, the others are correct. You won't get stagger if you chain into s.Hk from a different move. This is on purpose of course, and is the case with every other staggering move in the game. You can, however, still combo into stagger by using s.Hk as a link rather than a chain.

Reactions: Ryin