• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf Thread: Retiring from Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the very first piece of animation, of course its going to be edited, because it isn't even finished yet.
Looks very good so far, cant wait for all the crazy stuff.

I love it but the copy-pasta'd head is kind of bothering me.

arent all characters heads like that? they just bobble and their facial expressions don't change unless they go to another stance, aside from maybe blinking. Like, Peacock is always grinning etc

Peacock is actually the most bouncy one. Even her cheeks move a bit in most animations
I guess it's the hair, usually that's what moves the most. They'll move the hair a bit and add a blink and it'll look much better.

Peacock is actually the most bouncy one. Even her cheeks move a bit in most animations
I guess it's the hair, usually that's what moves the most. They'll move the hair a bit and add a blink and it'll look much better.

ah yeah, I get you now. peacock was an example because all I can imagine when I think about her is her grin, which doesent change, much like everyones eyes and mouths it seems like (aside from blinking)

but yeah I can definitely see what you mean now.

I love it but the copy-pasta'd head is kind of bothering me.
Don't worry, they usually do this with their first animations. First they leave a still frame of the head as a placeholder, then after animating the body they'll animate the head. I'm not an artist but I think that animating the head and body together is more difficult than doing it in steps.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
Yeah I think I should stay away from the Wulf Pack until the fanservice hype is over.

I do believe we've moved on friend. Things are never as melodramatic as they seem.

the hype is realllllll, brutha!

the gif/video still does not work for me...

Here's the dong-moving action from kinuko's tumblr (for those that can't see from twitter):

tumblr_n970ymvXMt1qdemtho1_500.gif

Now to accept or not to accept the dong?

Accept the jiggly dong in your life
Workship the dong
Hello friend do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior the woofdong

I know this game, I love that character, and I'm sad I can't have RK. It's so cuuuute.

Rakuga Kids x Skullgirls! but I guess Lab Zero doesn't want more business with Konami anymore.

Nothing has been said for certain, but over the past year words have been thrown around by Lab Zero that Beowulf could have a unique tag in, tag out, or assist mechanic, being a pro wrestler and all.
When Beowulf is tagged out, instead of jumping off screen like everyone else he retreats slightly into the background. He quickly sets up The Hurting, sits down with his hands behind his head, and just leans back in his chair while he nonchalantly watches the fight. Here's the twist, if you call him as an assist he does a little kick while still in his chair. It's instant and it has little recovery time.
The advantage of this is that it could work like Ms. Fortune's head. When I played Ms. Fortune one of my favorite tactics was to sandwich the opponent between the body and the head and attack with both for long ground combos. Beowulf could work the same way, just get the opponent near him and use the instant extra attack he provides for some creative chains.

Nothing has been said for certain, but over the past year words have been thrown around by Lab Zero that Beowulf could have a unique tag in, tag out, or assist mechanic, being a pro wrestler and all.
When Beowulf is tagged out, instead of jumping off screen like everyone else he retreats slightly into the background. He quickly sets up The Hurting, sits down with his hands behind his head, and just leans back in his chair while he nonchalantly watches the fight. Here's the twist, if you call him as an assist he does a little kick while still in his chair. It's instant and it has little recovery time.
The advantage of this is that it could work like Ms. Fortune's head. When I played Ms. Fortune one of my favorite tactics was to sandwich the opponent between the body and the head and attack with both for long ground combos. Beowulf could work the same way, just get the opponent near him and use the instant extra attack he provides for some creative chains.
you are forgetting the issue of RAM here, Fortunes head is a much smaller object compared to beowulf, but it would be cool I guess

you are forgetting the issue of RAM here, Fortunes head is a much smaller object compared to beowulf, but it would be cool I guess
I'm not forgetting anything, I'm completely aware that this is something that Lab Zero would not implement.
It's just a simple musing. It's not like I'm throwing serious suggestions at the team.

I mean it's not all that different from random comments Mike and Alex made a tag out animation.

Then again that was before Big Band and Eliza made ram management....challenging?

I hope Beowulf's attacks or at least the supers are the ones that he will say the name of it, Skullgirls is a strange mix because some characters do it and some don't.

no, no, HE shouldn't say his name.
The announcer, Tomamoto should say it as if he were a commentator
"THERE IT IS...THE...THREE...WOLF...MOONSAULT!"
It may be unlikely, but that sounds like the coolest thing ever.

Reactions: CapnWTF
no, no, HE shouldn't say his name.
The announcer, Tomamoto should say it as if he were a commentator
"THERE IT IS...THE...THREE...WOLF...MOONSAULT!"

if he lands it, there better be "BAH GAWD, HE BROKE HIM IN HALF"

So for a move (super or otherwise) I think Beowulf picking up objects off the ground and throwing them at the opponent would be cool. Whether it be a chair or knocked out characters (think Groove on Fight) I want to see it.

Yes, even Big Band.

^somebody doesn't know how Beowulf's last match ended.

I don't. What happened?

He tore off his (Gigan) opponent's arm and beat them to (presumably) death with it. He also fought said Gigan(Grendel)'s much bigger, much stronger mother.
Scythana is only half-gigan. so...

He defeated the seemingly unstoppable Grendel, as well as his frenzied Gigan mom when she nearly ate the audience after her son’s defeat.

Edit: What Capn said.

Reactions: Denizen
He tore off his (Gigan) opponent's arm and beat them to (presumably) death with it.
Grendel is still alive, but missing an arm. Grendel's Mother is dead.
Beowulf is also undefeated in the ring.

Who would win in a fight the Hurting or Eliza's furniture

I would like to see a comic where The Hurting and Eliza's Couch are just sitting across from each other for two panels, and in the third panel The Couch just SPLITS IN HALF.

However this is talk for The Wulf Den, not for a dedicated thread like this one.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs

Well we can always request ScrewAttack do this for a Death Battle and find out the scientific way.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
He tore off his (Gigan) opponent's arm and beat them to (presumably) death with it. He also fought said Gigan(Grendel)'s much bigger, much stronger mother.
Scythana is only half-gigan. so...

the one being beaten with the arm was Grendal's Mother IIRC. Like Denizen said, Grendal himself is presumably still alive

I vouch for Beowulf and Scythana's relationship to be "platonic boy-girl bromance", but yeah, Beowulf would totally beat Scy.

Status
Not open for further replies.