• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf Thread: Retiring from Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shirtless Beowulf?

It would actually be cool if his color map allowed for that, as unlikely as it is.

Wait isn't this supposed to be the serious discussion thread? We should take this to the other one, lest we end up like the old Eliza thread.

It would actually be cool if his color map allowed for that, as unlikely as it is.
Maybe it does even though he has that design on it. I need shirtless Beowulf on my team.

So I watched the AX 2014 Skullgirls Panel and I took a very close look at the footage that showed the files for Beowulf's concept art. There were plenty of images, some were difficult to make out but most of them seem to be different grappling moves and maneuvers that Beowulf may have. However two images stood out for me.

One was a an image that showed Beowulf turning The Hurting into a ladder around 10 feet tall.
The other was an image labeled as a win pose that showed Beowulf sitting on The Hurting as an opulent throne.

Now I support any and all decisions made by Alex Ahad and the rest of Lab Zero, but I would be lying if I said that I wasn't a little disappointed that The Hurting was anything other than a regular chair. It kind of takes away from the charm of Beowulf being just a human with no special powers or weapons. I guess that doesn't exist in Skullgirls.
NO ADAM DOES NOT COUNT, HE HAS TWO SOLDIERS WITH HIM AND LOADS OF FIREPOWER.

I'll get over it though, maybe I'll like Beowulf even more with a transforming chair.
By the way if you want to see the files then click here.

yah I really don't like a transforming chair, kind of goes against the fact that the Hurting was often described as a regular chair

yah I really don't like a transforming chair, kind of goes against the fact that the Hurting was often described as a regular chair
Well you know what they say;

== All character playstyle speculation and gameplay inspirations are subject to change,
and may be different in the final version ==

I still support their decision and I look forward to Beowulf as hyped as ever.

The images themselves are also just concepts so it is really up in the air
Who knows what beowulf will do in the actual release

I posted the screenshots at The Wulf Den if you want to see them in detail:

I haven't found the screenshots for the thumbnails so here it is:

GTmXSzA.png

2r1ZF6r.png

Ooh Referee confirmed! (Maybe, they might scratch him later). There's also the Triple Wolf Moonsault which is probably a super.

1RdeZl6.png

2433vpx.png

I wonder what "Test Your Might" is.

AtYA1ia.png

In his wunpose does it imply that the Hurting can turn into a bigger chair? Hmm...

If I see even an inkling from the moveset I came up with I am going to get hype.
Well it seems pretty clear that he's going to have a command dash where he puts on his hood.
So get hype.

Well it seems pretty clear that he's going to have a command dash where he puts on his hood.
So get hype.
Out of everything I could see from those sketches, this is the thing I'm most excited about.
The second best thing being him ripping the background.

The thing I'm excited about..super kicks and a grappler who plays like a grappler cause week one bella doesn't really work anymore except against people who are trash.

So get hype.
it could be like Narukami's command grab dash also, looks a lot like of of Zangief's grabs

There's a drawing where he blocks with his championship belt and another where he punches with a microphone, THEN HE DROPS THE MIC. Beowulf confirmed biggest badass in Skullgirls.
it could be like Narukami's command grab dash also, looks a lot like of of Zangief's grabs
Who's Narukami?
Whatever, keep in mind that Beowulf has both R. Mika and El Fuerte as gameplay inspirations so I'd say it's pretty safe to assume at this point that he would have a similar command dash.

yu narakami from persona..but bella has a command dash too..so it will probably be different in some fashion rather than just having the same thing.

Forger and I talked about this before, there are plenty of ways to make a simple forward run very unique and different from Cerebella. One of many examples is that dashing into The Hurting could cause a special interaction.

not disagreeing completely however you literally just said hed have a similar command dash to mika and fuerte...and bella has a similar mechanic..vis a vis...

not disagreeing completely however you literally just said hed have a similar command dash to mika and fuerte...and bella has a similar mechanic..vis a vis...
Cerebella is different from those two, her dash is slower and more grounded than speedy gonzalez El Fuerte or high flying R. Mika. I bet Beowulf's dash will be more like them, a quarter circle motion with no armor that's very fast and has aerial options. Or at least that's what I'm hoping he'll be like.

There's also the Triple Wolf Moonsault which is probably a super.
THEY TOOK MUH IDEA! DURKER GERR!!
(To be fair, it was a pretty obvious thing to come up with. And might be something different; thumbnail isn't all that clear.)
EDIT: as luck would have it, the TWM concept is available in HD (Humdinger's post below) and yeah, it's only similar in name. <:3

"Test Your Might" looks like the High striker game.

As for a mobility special move, it could be something like Cap's cartwheel as he's also a inspiration.

Last edited:
Well I mean the injoke in the announcer dialogue is that it's some sort of performance with an audience and stuff. So Beowolf getting lost and busting through a wall ins't too surprising.

I actually like the idea of his chair occasionally transforming, it allows for more visually interesting things. You have to admit the throne victory pose looks boss.

I'd like to see him without a transforming chair. We have enough parasite/living weapon users in the cast right now and part of the appeal of Beowulf is that he is an extraordinary human with a seemingly mundane weapon. The Hurting's only outstanding trait is that it was built to handle several tons of Gigan instead of a normal human.

One major thing I noticed. In Beowulf's side view I see a small black object between his belt and The Hurting. I can't tell what it is but I'm guessing that it might be something to hold his chair up.
Alex Ahad said that it's a magnet in the Skullgirls Panel.
Beowulf going high tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back