• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

If anyone hasn't found it yet, there is a preview of Kagura's theme out and have to say, damn that intro kicks ass, really gives that atmosphere of a General entering battle.

Reactions: Agent York
Speaking of new music, how are you guys feeling about the new themes in the game? As always, Daisuke's new works are fantastic (the themes of new characters and new vs themes) with all the traits and reasons why I love his work. I'm not too keen on the remix themes presented by Galneryus however. While I do enjoy some of the new spins on themes (such as the use of a Fiddle for Catus Carnival, or the vocal background and more orchestral Queen of Rose), they're missing a lot of the key things that make the original themes so great to me. Mostly how they turn Daisuke's multi-layered themes, with each part fitting together in a harmonic way, into either an almost cacaphonic drone, or remove a layer or two of the theme. A lot of the themes seem to have lost their complexity as well. I'm not upset by them trying to find some new people to remix the score, but I hope there's an option to switch to the old themes over the remixes.

Edit: Y'know what? I probably wouldn't even notice what version of the themes it is while playing the game, I only notice the difference when I'm listening to the themes on my own.

Last edited:
If anyone hasn't found it yet, there is a preview of Kagura's theme out and have to say, damn that intro kicks ass, really gives that atmosphere of a General entering battle.

I like the beginning of his theme. It's quite fitting him since he's an NOL General and head of his Duodecim family. Can't wait to hear the full version. I'm also pretty curious to hear Kokonoe's theme.

But also, there are a good amount of shower scenes in it where only the steam from the water covers everything and-
So, tell me more about this BlazBlue Remix Hearts... :-o

Reactions: Jutsei
Basically, guy with super taste (who also happens to look like Dizzy, be the inheritor of the Hazuki family of the Duodecim and know most of the known people in the NOL as of CS and Kagura) is mysteriously turned into a chick before the story begins, and is constantly trying to turn herself back into a guy and failing. She's also caught up in numerous fanservicey moments like the shower scenes YoshiEsp describes, and later gets a power that can only be described as Mega Manning/power transfer via kissing. Yeah.

Basically, guy with super taste (who also happens to look like Dizzy, be the inheritor of the Hazuki family of the Duodecim and know most of the known people in the NOL as of CS and Kagura) is mysteriously turned into a chick before the story begins, and is constantly trying to turn herself back into a guy and failing. She's also caught up in numerous fanservicey moments like the shower scenes YoshiEsp describes, and later gets a power that can only be described as Mega Manning/power transfer via kissing. Yeah.
Also, some chapters feel episodic with a new grimoire being introduced and how it works though they to connect as the story goes on and hi-jinx happens.It's a fun read and it only started its second volume so there isn't much to catch up on.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, forgot one thing: All this stuff takes place when erryone's at the NOL Military Academy, though foreshadowing to the games does occur in a certain nightmare-fueling scene.

Apparently, Mai is also heavily disliked for essentially being the BlazBlue equivalent of Bella Swan, though that might just be the Mori hatedom talking.

I watched the first episode of the anime today and all I can say is that low budget anime is glorious.

Is it any good, or is it dildos?
That's what I wanna know before I go to no-doubt illegal anime sites to watch it

The animation isn't as good as the cut scenes in the game but it isn't terrible.

tumblr_mud3nbx0e61qzespeo1_r1_400.gif

Kidding me?
That doesn't look half-bad.

I did edit my post to say "it isn't terrible" because I think I said "is" by accident. It also looks like it follows Calamity Trigger more than being a new story (I didn't have subs and I don't know Japanese, so I'm just guessing based on what happened).

its on a free archive on funimation's website and its kinda suffering from having to cover so much material from the CT story mode and it feels so disjointed.

and let me tell you, i'm was very sad when
there was no joke sequence about not paying the bill when ragna & tao were eating lunch

that said, i hope the dub gets all the english voices back. miss vee is pretty great as all the murakumo girls.

Reactions: Solblade44
I'm enjoying Alter Memory so far, seems to going in CT Reconstruction sequence right now. Also I did like some of the song remixes.

So pretty much a mixed reaction? Expected as much.
I'll probably watch it anyway.

Things to look forward to:

vPQoqWu.gif

(Note Jin completely stops moving so they don't have to animate any frames while he... launches a very slowly moving ice blob from his hands instead of Yukianesa)

tumblr_mud4wqB0IV1re9f1eo1_1280.jpg

Budget anime is incredibly budget.

You'd think one of the best fighting games of the past decade would have a bigger budget for the anime.
They must've blown it on something.
The question is: What?

Ehhhh, dat budget anime. At least the cutscenes that the same studio made for Chrono Phantasma look better. But hey, it's better than the qualit-HURGHsarcasmCOUGH animation that Gonzo did for the cutscenes in CS lol.

Last edited:
Ehhhh, dat budget anime. At least the cutscenes they made for CP look better. But hey, at least it's better than the qualit-HURGHsarcasmCOUGH animation that Gonzo did for the cutscenes in CS lol.
Ok Yeah, basically this.
Say what you will about the anime, IT'S STILL BETTER THAN GONZO.

Oh god the Studio Gonzo scenes, But it still did give us these

blazblue_motivational_poster_01_by_shedinja_wonder-d5be4kp.jpg
6286899247_9b08562393_z.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Its an anime based on a video-game.

uQlyP.jpg

They always get fantastic budget so not surprised how it turned out.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Someone needs to find the frame where you see up his nostrils, that one takes the cake.

Also @SunnyRei, Jay Leno eat your heart out. You could stab people with that chin.

I was more bothered by Tiny Head Hakumen

lbHUHg9.png

I just want to know if BBCP will have DLC? Will Kokonoe become a DLC character or is she in the console version Day 1? I never thought I'd be interested in playing as Kokonoe. I haven't played Blazblue in a months or maybe even a year now and I suck at it. I do want to be decent with Hakumen, Litchi, Valkenhayn, Lambda, Bullet, Azrael or Kokonoe, because those characters interest me the most. I am still on the fence about importing the Japanese version.

Well I watched the first episode and maybe it wasn't a work of art, but good enough. :P

I was more amazed at them making Noel even more incompetent with her
not recognizing Ragna the Bloodedge while being 10 cm from his face, when she was able to identify him from quite far away in the game.

Anyway, good enough for me. Like a hamburger.

I just want to know if BBCP will have DLC? Will Kokonoe become a DLC character or is she in the console version Day 1? I never thought I'd be interested in playing as Kokonoe. I haven't played Blazblue in a months or maybe even a year now and I suck at it. I do want to be decent with Hakumen, Litchi, Valkenhayn, Lambda, Bullet, Azrael or Kokonoe, because those characters interest me the most. I am still on the fence about importing the Japanese version.

From the Blazblue wiki:

She is set to be a playable DLC character in Blazblue Chronophantasma console version.
from - http://blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/Kokonoe and also http://shoryuken.com/2013/09/11/kokonoe-playable-in-blazblue-chronophantasma/

I have yet to see an actual price for how much she costs though. I'm guessing since Makoto, Valkenhyne, Platinum, and Relius were $7.99 for Continuum Shift, that might be how much Kokonoe will be.