• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

As a friend so eloquently put it "he's the generic balanced guy"

You could call him a shoto if it weren't for his distinct lack of anything resembling a projectile.

Jin is the shoto while Ragna is as Sol-clone. :P

BBCT got to top 10 on top sellers so I guess it's not doing that bad?

It's the same company that released GG Isuka onto Steam, so this was kinda coming... and I don't want to think that it's to test the water.

Nope, wrong. Not the same company at all!

GGI was released onto Steam by Kiss Ltd., BBCT was released onto Steam by a Korean company called H2 Interactive Co. Ltd.

I have a feeling that the latter put BBCT onto Steam to profit on the hype that the former generated through their support of the ArcSys-to-PC campaign.

if the Arc games that were suggested are successful in terms of making money, I'm sure they'll make Steam ports for CP.

ArcSys aren't even involved in these rereleases to my knowledge, the original publishers are. Arc is doing their own thing and probably isn't hardly aware of it.

Kawalorn already beat you to the correction, but yeah, CT and just seem like cashing in from people wanting Arcsys games on Pc, low blow but when have we not seen this before from other companies. Hopefully people who want to try out a BB games but never had a console can try it out now but the fact that it's 6 years old and really unbalanced compared to later games is gonna be a big turnoff.

People should buy games because they like them, not as a future investment in entirely different games. That's just silly, but unfortunately it's why so many people are buying BBCT...

The port itself is pretty decent BTW, sans online. Decent if you just want to play through the story mode or screw around with friends. Additionally, there was a Steamdb entry for a private beta branch of BBCT, so they might be looking into readding online or implementing some Steamworks features. Who knows!

Well, they also are giving away 2 CDs worth of BB music with the game, which to me is worth it because thats exponentially cheaper than getting them on iTunes or Amazon.

Well, they also are giving away 2 CDs worth of BB music with the game, which to me is worth it because thats exponentially cheaper than getting them on iTunes or Amazon.
I found a used copy of CT with the phyaical blueray cd combo at a used game store.

I just bought calamity trigger on steam as my first blazblue game and I seriously love it, but some things just seem a bit off and please correct me if I'm wrong or if I'm just bad. Some of the characters feel way unbalanced against other characters. Im playing on very hard difficulty because anything else is way too easy and I can't stop getting locked down by v13 as Rachel and the times I win against her it's only because she runs towards me and gets in close range. Carl Clover just seems horrible even though I was really excited to be him because it looked cool to be able to control Nirvana in tandem with your own attacks, but she's so slow and you have to plan out your moves so far ahead that it doesn't feel right to play with even though he's fun to be. My last gripe is Hakumen, he takes down so much damage in just a couple single hits and isn't anywhere near as slow or immobile as Tager. Maybe I just suck at the game and if so I'm sorry for shitting on this thread
yge9ydyn.jpg

I haven't really played CT but in general,

- Doesn't really apply as much against a CPU but Rachel vs Nu-13 is indeed a tough matchup since you can't summon stuff or zone freely in this matchup. As far as approaching her goes, not really much to do but to slowly work your way in slowly. Winded Air dashes cover a lot of ground and can punish whiffed swords. Using wind to enhance your movement can help in general in this matchup. Just make sure not to use too much wind for this.

- Hakumen does good damage but it's very dependent on the number of magatama he has at his disposal. His mixups that don't involve spending magatama aren't as straight forward and nearly as good as the rest of the cast in general as well.

Wow, this is basically how Mori dealt with people's dreams of Celica possibly being playable.

tumblr_inline_mv6csuvFD51rzjscj.gif

lol with the reaction of how could she be able to fight

Wat? Tell me more of how he shat on people's dreams, I love that kinda stuff.

Mori was interviewed a littler earlier at SCR, question of new characters including Celica popped up, he straight up laughed and asked how could she be able to fight. He also said characters he has thoughts about being playable have been Nine and Jubei, just thoughts though.

to bad at this point I almost welcome anyone to become playable heck cp has like 4 new faces outta nowhere playable from left field lol.

all I know is Jubei had a brother who terumi killed and there are 6 more wizards and witch that were part of the guild Nine was from all the other graduates from the blazblue manga and of course characters that just pop into their head. And seeing how they're time traveling characters so dead people can be playable in the game I'd say there's a long line for Jubei and Nine a line i'm personally not really waiting for

He answered why there will never be another BB on 360 ever again:
MEMORY ISSUES. The disks are too small now.

They couldn't just throw it out for download only?

He answered why there will never be another BB on 360 ever again:
MEMORY ISSUES. The disks are too small now.

They couldn't just throw it out for download only?
Because Microsoft has stupid rules about download size in their arcades.
It can't be more than 3 Gigabytes, that's why Arcana Heart 3 never hit Xbox

Does anyone know exactly how well Calamity Trigger on Steam? I think it was best selling on the store the day it came out, but I just want to know if it did well enough to bring the newest installment to PC.

Which is even more silly when you can download non-arcade games that are many times larger.

The whole division between xb arcade and release titles feels just really really unnecessary.

Well, time to wait for a steam version. Release Date: Never. :(

Mori was interviewed a littler earlier at SCR, question of new characters including Celica popped up, he straight up laughed and asked how could she be able to fight. He also said characters he has thoughts about being playable have been Nine and Jubei, just thoughts though.

My dreams of Celica being playable have been crushed, although I remember Mori saying that Kokonoe wouldn't be playable, so I will continue to remain hopeful.

Just an FYI, Mori was asked about a steam version in the Q&A. Can't remember what he said exactly. Think he said they need to find a way to securely exchange IP addresses or something along those lines and that they would look into it and get back to you. The archive of the Q&A should be on Jyosua's channel for those interested in hearing his response exactly. Can't link it now since I'm at work.

My dreams of Celica being playable have been crushed, although I remember Mori saying that Kokonoe wouldn't be playable, so I will continue to remain hopeful.
Makes some sense. Celica always seemed like a support magic caster.

When they gonna make Lambda not dead? I'm also ok with Girl Ragna being made a thing.

SF has karate men. MK has ninjas. BB can't have too many mech girls.

Steam trading cards are being added for Calamity Trigger.
u5yje7u3.jpg

Look at these cute little icons
ytageged.jpg

How could you not want any of those

u5yje7u3.jpg

Look at these cute little icons
ytageged.jpg

How could you not want any of those
God damnit. Just when I thought I wouldn't want to buy Calamity Trigger a third time.

I guarantee Calamity Trigger being put on steam is Arc testing the waters for people being interested in blazblue on that platform

I guarantee Calamity Trigger being put on steam is Arc testing the waters for people being interested in blazblue on that platform
Too bad it is a lazy port with no online

This is one of those sort of things where it could mean nothing or it could mean SOMETHING.

Arc paying more attention to PC would be pretty nice.

too bad windows live shut down and it would have been crappy anyway if it didn't cuz windows live sucks.
Oh i did not realize it had a gfwl, i assumed it was theport of the windows 8 version

Actually, it was even worse back then: 800 megs was the limit. AH3 is 2 gigs.

too bad windows live shut down and it would have been crappy anyway if it didn't cuz windows live sucks.
But would it kill them to make a way to do netplay on steam? Would it kill them to put any game with netplay on Steam?

I don't think they want to take a risk in reworking netcode in a game thats dead on consoles as well.

Back