• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

Here: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6703-importing-101/

Replace "Japanese" with "American" and it should walk you through it.

You... You... You are so insanely awesome!!!!!

It worked. My old e-mail wouldnt work so i used my wife's instead, but i wouldnt have known that was the problem had it not been for that walkthrough. Life is good again :)

Now 1 question for anyone that doesnt mind answering:

Is kokonoe not downloadable yet? And what about unlimited characters (whatever they are) and more colors? When i looked in the american store it said no downloads available... So I'm wondering where all this bonus content is. I wouldnt have even known that more colors were available had it not been for terumi coming with 20 of them instead of the standard 6.

If it's not showing up under the "Downloadable "Content" section, go to the "New" section under "Games," and then select "New this week." There's a list of all the Downloadables there, including ChronoPhantasma content. Kokonoe is $8, there are two free color packs, additional colors that cost I believe $3 or $4, stages and themes from the previous games in $4 packs, and announcer packs for $6 each, or a bundle of all 28 announcers for $50.

Reactions: Dime
I swear to all that is holy I want to use that image of Ragna looking freaked out as an icon or a reaction image

I have that face as an avatar sized if it floats your boat...
rag7.png

rag19.png]

Reactions: jam1220 and Jutsei
@Ktulu Victoria

By the power of science!!! I got her... Had to go through some trials and tribulations to get a psn card... But i got her! And oh man is she awesome!

I love this characters look!

And now for some more complaining:

Jeez... What is it with ark? Gouge much? Force you to buy colors for characters you dont want as some sort of bundle instead of being able to just buy one characters colors only. Thats gouging. Aka making people pay for stuff they dont want in order to get something they do.

And omg the prices... $50 for announcers? Nope, sorry dont think so. And making you buy multiple bundles just to get a complete color roster? Straight up bs.

I bought koko, 2 stage sets and thats it. I feel bad now for buying stages though... Just cause of how much these guys are obviously gouging their customers... I understand these mofos are trying to make money... But gouging IS NOT the way to go. Adding value is. There's a BIG problem when a game is sold as new and complete FOR FULL PRICE, yet offers "content" that if it were all bought adds up to near double what the original game was sold for.

Dont get me wrong... I'm not a cheap person. But i dont like to be gouged and i especially dont like it when i KNOW they will be releasing some revision of the game a year from now... At which point if we buy everythigng we are spending upwards of over $150 a year for. Just seems really intellectually dishonest to me.

Well back to koko training mode

/end rant

-edit

Omg kokonoe

THIS is the character for me!

Perfect.

Im sorry other characters but i wont even be subbing any of you. Koko is life, like painwheel.

Last edited:
@Dime_x Good to hear you got everything! And as silly as the extra content is, Arc kept it at just that. It's all optional things that you'll get only if you feel like it. Announcer prices are pretty dumb though. At least we got the DVD and magazine exclusive colors from Japan as free downloads outside of overseas.

Haha yeah.

Man... Im not liking the look of kokos changelog. She seems highly neutered going into patch. I know she deserved most of it (lol black hole bullshit and crazy damage for absolutely free... But i havent even used her yet against people and I'm already feeling the nerfs (nice midscreen mixup she has on activate oki crossups) completely gone in the patch since activate no longer hits. Which also exposes her to zoners hard.

And she got her instant overhead taken away... This dev just really seems to like to take all the fun out of characters.. They already killed my arakune... And now they are killing my sweet koko before i even got a chance to be op with her... Sigh. Shes still tight as hell but i can tell im probably going to be annoyed by inability to open the opponent up when at frame advantage up close... Idk... They have killed my perfect character and i wont have the execution to use her abusively before the 1.1 patch comes out. So im kinda at a loss with her... I dont know how i should go about trying to learn her with this new patch looming on the horizon.

Haha yeah.

Man... Im not liking the look of kokos changelog. She seems highly neutered going into patch. I know she deserved most of it (lol black hole bullshit and crazy damage for absolutely free... But i havent even used her yet against people and I'm already feeling the nerfs (nice midscreen mixup she has on activate oki crossups) completely gone in the patch since activate no longer hits. Which also exposes her to zoners hard.

And she got her instant overhead taken away... This dev just really seems to like to take all the fun out of characters.. They already killed my arakune... And now they are killing my sweet koko before i even got a chance to be op with her... Sigh. Shes still tight as hell but i can tell im probably going to be annoyed by inability to open the opponent up when at frame advantage up close... Idk... They have killed my perfect character and i wont have the execution to use her abusively before the 1.1 patch comes out. So im kinda at a loss with her... I dont know how i should go about trying to learn her with this new patch looming on the horizon.

OH NO, I WANT FREE DAMAGE. STFU.

i will play blaze blue when they put the most recent version on either the pc or ps4

Any info on the European release date? I already have the digital version, but I would like to have a CD version and I can't be arsed to buy JP PSN cards for Kokonoe.

Haha yeah.

Kokonoe overcame the odds and remained top tier, despite the nerfs. She still going to be very good, just easier for everyone else to handle.

Any info on the European release date? I already have the digital version, but I would like to have a CD version and I can't be arsed to buy JP PSN cards for Kokonoe.
No word yet. I hope different release dates become a thing of the past with the new generation of consoles. Europe always gets screwed over.

What I'm doing is playing Arcade Mode as every character before I tackle Story Mode.
Still enjoying this far more than I did CSEX's story mode.
And holy crap Noel's fun to play why didn't I ues her more

What I'm doing is playing Arcade Mode as every character before I tackle Story Mode.
Still enjoying this far more than I did CSEX's story mode.
And holy crap Noel's fun to play why didn't I ues her more

That's the smart thing to do. I suggest anybody interested in story to play through the characters' arcade modes before starting the main story. Important things happen in arcade mode.

Does anyone know when the 1.1 patch drops? I'd really like to just get used to patch koko that a way i wont have to relearn any outdated muscle memory.

Patch is currently scheduled for May.

@Ktulu Victoria

By the power of science!!! I got her... Had to go through some trials and tribulations to get a psn card... But i got her! And oh man is she awesome!

I love this characters look!

And now for some more complaining:

Jeez... What is it with ark? Gouge much? Force you to buy colors for characters you dont want as some sort of bundle instead of being able to just buy one characters colors only. Thats gouging. Aka making people pay for stuff they dont want in order to get something they do.

And omg the prices... $50 for announcers? Nope, sorry dont think so. And making you buy multiple bundles just to get a complete color roster? Straight up bs.

I bought koko, 2 stage sets and thats it. I feel bad now for buying stages though... Just cause of how much these guys are obviously gouging their customers... I understand these mofos are trying to make money... But gouging IS NOT the way to go. Adding value is. There's a BIG problem when a game is sold as new and complete FOR FULL PRICE, yet offers "content" that if it were all bought adds up to near double what the original game was sold for.

Dont get me wrong... I'm not a cheap person. But i dont like to be gouged and i especially dont like it when i KNOW they will be releasing some revision of the game a year from now... At which point if we buy everythigng we are spending upwards of over $150 a year for. Just seems really intellectually dishonest to me.

Well back to koko training mode

/end rant

-edit

Omg kokonoe

THIS is the character for me!

Perfect.

Im sorry other characters but i wont even be subbing any of you. Koko is life, like painwheel.
Goddamit, not another Kokonoe.

At least she is getting nerfed... so now she is just definitely top tier instead of SF2 Akuma tier....

Goddamit, not another Kokonoe.

At least she is getting nerfed... so now she is just definitely top tier instead of SF2 Akuma tier....

THE POWER OF SCIENCE IS UNNERFABLE!!!!!

I simultaneously hate everyone in this thread until I get paid this month.
Where all the Tsubaki's at?

Where all the Tsubaki's at?

The female character that shows no skin also happens to be one of the least played characters in the game.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

She also happens to have a pretty similar playstyle to other characters that just plain do it better than she does.

Apart from safe DPs, screw her safe DP.

I really wish I had this game. Even though I don't like FRKZ being an overdrive, I still really want to play Bang again. Too bad I don't have a PS3.

Tsubaki's drive confuses me, and I can't just mash like I do with Noel or Bullet. Her chains are fun though.

I main Tsubaki, its just that I'm really, really, REALLY out of practice and juggling a lot of different games.

Reactions: Phish Food o3o
@Tomo009

How is blazblues online compared to sg's?

it's very good but it's not as good as SG. It has forced input delay.

Oh ok. Yeah that can suck, but as long as it stays consistent its probably not that bad of an issue except for the fact that overheads will be unreactable and... Kinda so will throws. But i digress... Thats the kind of BB i would prefer anyways. Haha more like sg.

So now that I got this...

I wanna play Platinum and Tsubaki, again.

I also wanna try and get into Izayoi.

I'm currently trying to get into this game, just on the side, and am quite enjoying it. I'm playing Kokonoe, simply cause i like the character design, but people are giving me hella shit for playing her(until they see that i'm just bad and it don't matter). xD

Still trying to beat the arcade mode with all characters.
Litchi's still too awkward for me.

Are you playing on the hardest difficulty?

No I'm playing on Normal.
I never played above Normal or Easy in the past games because Hakumen gave me nightmares in CT, and Unlimited Hazama gave me Night Terrors in CS
It's refreshing to have non-Unlimited Bosses in CP

Granted, they still buttonread like heck.

Unlimited characters or button reading? Why not both!

And thus Unlimited Mars mode was born. And it sucked.

Reactions: Rizil and Dime
No I'm playing on Normal.
I never played above Normal or Easy in the past games because Hakumen gave me nightmares in CT, and Unlimited Hazama gave me Night Terrors in CS
It's refreshing to have non-Unlimited Bosses in CP
BAHAHAHA, I've tried facing Unlimited Rachel in Hell mode with Nu in CT and Lambda in CS.... I forever despise George XIII so I understand ;_;

And let's not forget some of the blatantly unfair shit in CS' story mode.
Unlimted Terumi as Taokaka? Hellish.
Ragna's drive not working? Brutal
Restricting Jin to only A & B attacks?
FUCKING BULLSHIT.

Speaking of buttonreading AI, the score attack feels MUCH more doable this time. If only because they're not Unlimited.

Oh ok. Yeah that can suck, but as long as it stays consistent its probably not that bad of an issue except for the fact that overheads will be unreactable and... Kinda so will throws. But i digress... Thats the kind of BB i would prefer anyways. Haha more like sg.
It's pretty good, considering it isn't rollback. I would say it is the best 2D non rollback netcode, though it still isn't amazing because input delay.

Reacting to overhead and throws (especially throws) is possible in BB. Relius' overhead is slowwwww especially and VERY obvious so it is easy to block. Throws in BB are reactable by a lot of people, I struggle with green throws though, purple throws if I'm looking for them are easy though.