• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blood for the Blood Goddess! Eliza BETA Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh too bad, for almost a finished animation that can be a lot of things: special, super, win/intro pose, assist only move like Painwheel's one, tag in. tag out, it is sad to see goodbye to that.

See you my friend!

index.php
Was it a space issue? I mean it looks like it could be a servant call super (just dont have Eliza on top) or as a rare lp servant call, so I have difficulty believing it wont work thematically or gameplay-wise. Not like my perceptions matter, though. L0 has the final heresay so I gotta respect their decision.

new clone character using old assets: Trouble. Trouble is a clone of double who uses all doubles unused stuff and eliza's chariot.

She also stole Eliza's potatoe mechanic and squigly's zombie mechanic.

Also catheads is replaced by a horde of scribble cats that don't actually do anything.

Last edited:
Is there a list of moves/animations ditched? for now we have the chariot and Big Band's old HP drum move but this was very rough.

But well that belongs to another thread.

Awaiting Mike to come in here and be all "It's done. Deal with it :o)."
He already did say she is complete in terms of gameplay (balance notwithstanding), so...

Was it a space issue? I mean it looks like it could be a servant call super (just dont have Eliza on top) or as a rare lp servant call, so I have difficulty believing it wont work thematically or gameplay-wise.
I might be mistaken but I could swear the chariot's yoke is Eliza's staff (the shapes look like they match) so there's already a potential reason for it not being able to appear in the servant call. Dunno.

Is there a list of moves/animations ditched?
There's enough unused concepts to make five Elizas that could play remarkably distinct but (from what was shown), the chariot is the only unused concept that was animated.

Anywho, about those five Elizas...:PUN:

He already did say she is complete in terms of gameplay (balance notwithstanding), so...

Within the context of the last two pages of people asking for chariot even after he's already said it.

Last edited:
The colored frames in the patch are awesome, she is getting close to her final form, I guess she will be done at the end of the month and in August the team will send her to consoles to have her officially in September.

The colored frames in the patch are awesome, she is getting close to her final form, I guess she will be done at the end of the month and in August the team will send her to consoles to have her officially in September.
Keep in mind it takes just a week or two for submission if I remember correctly, the only reason BB was delayed for so long was because the consoles were being fussy.
But that's me being super hopeful that Eliza gets released in August at most.

I suppose its a bug that level 5 doesnt siphon health, whereas regular level 1 sek does.
Also, the scaling seems weird to me, as, fully scaled, level 3 does more damage than level 5, it might get compensated for if level 5 drains health though (maybe even at a higher percentage than 50%)

I suppose its a bug that level 5 doesnt siphon health, whereas regular level 1 sek does.
Also, the scaling seems weird to me, as, fully scaled, level 3 does more damage than level 5, it might get compensated for if level 5 drains health though (maybe even at a higher percentage than 50%)
It does 6k damage...

Checked the numbers again:

Eliza Level 5:
Raw: ~6000 scaled: ~3000
health: ~3000 health: ~1500

Val Level 5:
Raw: 4500 scaled: ~2500
health: 4700 health: 4700

total: Eliza 9000 4500
Val 9200 7200

so still worse than vals, but less situational as you only need a taunt and not stand on a dead character, well, not really worse more like a differenct application, as you get health while not being dead and/or you dont get your assist back :>

btw is sekhmet supposed to have blue eyes on the bloody backdash? her eyes are yellow usually...so just curious if that'll be changed

btw is sekhmet supposed to have blue eyes on the bloody backdash? her eyes are yellow usually...so just curious if that'll be changed

Those are Eliza's eyes. On one side they're blue for Eliza on the other they're yellow for Sekhmet.

In what way is it modified?
It's a modified version of the blackout Lady of Slaughter we got before the final version.

Those are Eliza's eyes. On one side they're blue for Eliza on the other they're yellow for Sekhmet.
What are you talking about. No they're not...lol.

On either side, backdash and look at the eyes. Then summon sekhmet and check out the eyes. They're different colors. Besides, sekhmet isn't heterochromic....

Unless you mean Eliza's literally eyes are being slapped on sekhmet, I could understand that...maybe, but it still doesn't make sense. Sekhmet should have yellow eyes on that backdash

Shhh... it's Blood It can do anything. Magic and shiz. and if you still feel it so ruins Eliza you go talk it up to Mike.

What are you talking about. No they're not...lol.

On either side, backdash and look at the eyes. Then summon sekhmet and check out the eyes. They're different colors. Besides, sekhmet isn't heterochromic....

Unless you mean Eliza's literally eyes are being slapped on sekhmet, I could understand that...maybe, but it still doesn't make sense. Sekhmet should have yellow eyes on that backdash

I know what you're talking about. And I am right. Eliza's eyeball. The whole thing. One side is a normal eyeball and has a blue iris. The other side is black and has a yellow iris. They flip around depending on who is out at the time.

Edit:
2014-07-16_00002.jpg

Look at her eyes popping out. One side is normal, the other is black.

Last edited:
Are the lightning things in the level 5 pallete dependent orrr?

She's very high demanding.

Oh also guys, any tips for me?
My combo is
C.LK, C.MP, C.HP, J.LK, J.MP, J.HP, AirDash Cancel, J.LK, J.MP, J.HP, S.LP, S.MK, S.HK.

And the second air chain is hard to pull off consistently to restand and just J.MP to J.HP just sends (Filia at least) flying.

Oh also guys, any tips for me?
My combo is
C.LK, C.MP, C.HP, J.LK, J.MP, J.HP, AirDash Cancel, J.LK, J.MP, J.HP, S.LP, S.MK, S.HK.

And the second air chain is hard to pull off consistently to restand and just J.MP to J.HP just sends (Filia at least) flying.

Take out the second j lk. The first one should be enough to do the restand.

To the three or four people that only play on console and want to see the new finished frames as well as the Level 5 Blockbuster:

This is all happening so fast! Soon the wait will be over... (*´Д`)ハァハァ

So after trying her for a good while and using her a bit in the beta, I got a few things to say

- What purpose does having c.MK knockdown after the second hit serve?

- So when I have a taunt stored and have 5 bars, I do a combo that uses sekhmet part way through but then I gain enough meter back to have 5 bars again. Whoever, if I try to use the lvl 5 at the end, it seems that the taunt's effect is used up during Sekhmet attacking mid-combo. At least that seemed to be the case when I tried it. Would it be possible to keep the taunt's effect throughout the entire combo? This would be a pretty rare occurrence I think but would still be nice if it worked this way.

- I'm not entirely sure how j.LK is working right now. According to the patch notes, it isn't an overhead if you do it within the first few frames of a jump, yet I set the CPU to crouch and only block lows and I still seem to be able to do an instant overhead after knockdown setups in training mode but I was failing to do them in matches. Could just be human error or might be some character specific thing that I need to test out.

- Would be nice if Sekhmet could use Lady of Slaughter on her own without having to recall back to Eliza and then do it. Maybe use her win pose animation as the super flash startup?

- Is there a reason as to why her DP isn't throw invincible? Seems odd how some characters get it and others don't.

- Not a big deal but would be nice if the last hit of Sekhmet's LP/LK combo didn't knock back so much and sometimes cause MP/MK to not connect properly.

@RemiKz
-the taunt is only for the next time Sekhmet comes out so that wouldn't work.
-j lk isn't supposed to be an overhead unless you IAD into it.
-I think Mike said she would eventually be able to do the super as Sekhmet.

I know the taunt only works the first time sekhmet comes out, I was saying to maybe allow the taunt buff throughout the entire combo.

The j.LK thing is still confusing me because like I said, I am still able to instant overhead with it, but sometimes it just doesn't work? I'll try to record a video of it.

Why is jLK not just always a mid instead of having that execution restriction of needing to airdash first?

So that you get life leech when you use Sehkmet straight out...and don't get any other assist that could actually be good or useful.

W-why would you do that...
Lv5 dhc
Her raw tag seems excellent for comboing into so you easily call taunt mid combo raw tag at some point and do stuff

So that you get life leech when you use Sehkmet straight out...and don't get any other assist that could actually be good or useful.
I actually wanted it for dhc options. If you set you team up well and dont constantly get hit, it's a good enough choice to consider.

Example: you're running a 3 man team, your point is a battery and your 2nd character doesnt rely on assists or meter to play well (parasoul/fortune). If you give BB or Eliza a taunt assist you'll have really good dhc options at that point in the match.

EDIT: Mr. X also brings up a good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.