• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blood for the Blood Goddess! Eliza BETA Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I like the new specials a lot, the "rise men" are wonderful and the multi hit scythe is very flashy, so now we have 3 specials when they add the assistants calls, I guess there is one special no revealed left for Eliza (mode)

Can I trade all of the specials for beast cannon being lvl 1?
please mike
Ruby and Wolf player <3

serious question is the qcb+k hitboxes final? It's kinda of reaaaaally big

EDIT: what I mean is add a slight vacuum effect. I was high earlier and idk why I mentioned hitboxes...the hitbox is more than fine.

I feel the molecular shield needs to be changed hitbox-wise. It's hard to combo off of it to a low. Literally unless you're RIGHT on them like touching them, you can't combo off of it. The only way you'd do that is maybe a punish. But it doesn't happen in combos either from what I see.

From the L version at least pull them in closer &/or make it jump cancellable

Last edited:
I feel the molecular shield needs to be changed hitbox-wise. It's hard to combo off of it to a low. Literally unless you're RIGHT on them like touching them, you can't combo off of it. The only way you'd do that is maybe a punish. But it does happen in combos either from what I see.
If only she had a launcher that pulled the opponent to point blank after hitting at max range
Man, that would really help

E: I'd like a very slight vacuum effect on the first hit, to avoid first hit connecting, 2nd hit whiffing. "Combo out of it" only working in certain circumstances is very fine with me~

I feel the molecular shield needs to be changed hitbox-wise. It's hard to combo off of it to a low. Literally unless you're RIGHT on them like touching them, you can't combo off of it. The only way you'd do that is maybe a punish. But it does happen in combos either from what I see.

From the L version at least pull them in closer &/or make it jump cancellable
Maybe have her blood particles spin around her to increase the hitbox?

If only she had a launcher that pulled the opponent to point blank after hitting at max range
Man, that would really help

E: I'd like a very slight vacuum effect on the first hit, to avoid first hit connecting, 2nd hit whiffing. "Combo out of it" only working in certain circumstances is very fine with me~
Haha...anyways, what I meant was the hitbox is fine...idk why I said hitbox. It's been a very long night. What I mean is a vacuum effect yes.

Sorry I was confusing

L twirl, s.LP->M DP works at pretty much any distance the scythe twirl hits from. I don't mind that linking full chains is distance-specific right now.
And like Vulpes said, cr.HP->L twirl.

Can I trade all of the specials for beast cannon being lvl 1?
please mike
Ruby and Wolf player <3
I was originally going to make it a lv1 (with much less damage and smaller hit boxes, of course). That's why it got made first, heh.
Alex said he wanted it a Lv3, and this is basically "his" character, so it's her Lv3.

oh well was hoping for a lv1 to be in the build before the lv3, but we can't be picky here. Thanks Mike.

Last edited:
Humble console spectator question: do the special moves show promise as assist choices? They appear to be a DP and lockdown and those tend to be useful, right?

(Upgrading my Parasoul (Pillar) and Bella (H LNL) duo to a trio with Eliza (214+K) seems like a good idea...)

214HK looks like a worse Cerecopter, it's okay.

The DP is not really a DP, think of it more like an invincible Filia Ringlet Spike.

So far not really anything to write home about.

Well, here's to hoping she still has a great assist special. Her molecular shield looks interesting though, but so far the only synergy i see is with cats chip damage... Of course, since cats is ourobouros and Eliza move is molecular shield. Still though, cats being level 2 kinda puts the kibosh on that as any kind of a mainline tactic. Her dp assist seems to look like a worse version of fiber and updo if both were combined. Having one hit like updo and (not knocking down)? Like fiber. Still may have useful applications... Somewhere as an assist.

On point her specials are looking decent, i actually really like rekka dp if not for combos then i just like the look and feel of the thing... Definitely looks like a super interesting move from an on point standpoint. Still doesnt seem to have a safe way to finish blocked confirms... But i could be talking out my ass there since i havent checked her frames yet.

Shes looking quite interesting any way it goes.

The dp isn't even invincible. It'll trade with things. Using Ringlet Spike and the DP at the same time will cause both to get hit.

The dp isn't even invincible. It'll trade with things. Using Ringlet Spike and the DP at the same time will cause both to get hit.
The DP *IS* invincible, both on point and as an assist. It will trade with Ringlet because that has a buttload of active frames and comes out even if Filia is getting hit during it. It won't trade with something like a jumpin.

214.HK does a shitload of chip and keeps them blocking in one place for a LONG time. time will tell if that sort of assist is something a team needs

i'm wondering if she'll have any crazy corner pressure, it seems like it's pretty easy to carry people into the corner from midscreen

I didn't play MvC. Were there any special properties to Doom's Molecular Shield?
Besides what was already mentioned, it did buttloads of chip damage. Chip damage is the primary strat of strider/doom ourobouros teams. Ourobouros locks down and does some chip, then doom rocks locks down and does chip, then strider uses rocks lockdown and animal calls to cover for another ouroborous activation and do it all over again.

Umvc3 Morridoom is like a long ranged version of mvc2 striderdoom.

Would be cool if you could direct her Level 3 a lot more, kinda like John Talbaine's Beast Cannon.
Not happenin'.

Cerecopter - 440 chip
HK twirl - 900 chip
Nothing to write home about? :^P

I was originally going to make it a lv1 (with much less damage and smaller hit boxes, of course). That's why it got made first, heh.
Alex said he wanted it a Lv3, and this is basically "his" character, so it's her Lv3.
So does that mean that what you planned to be a lvl 3 is now a lv1.....or lv5? If so, then I'm really curious to see what it is.

The DP *IS* invincible, both on point and as an assist. It will trade with Ringlet because that has a buttload of active frames and comes out even if Filia is getting hit during it. It won't trade with something like a jumpin.

Okay. I did it in slow mo and saw the invul. I didn't see it before because its not a lot.

Edit: I tested it against some jump ins. It can lose to jump ins since there isn't a lot of invul. You gotta have really good timing to reverse.

Last edited:
It's invincible up through the first 3ish active frames.

And well, what was planned as her Lv3 might be a Lv1, or a Lv3/Lv5. It probably won't be a Lv3 or Lv5, though, since that would leave her with like, one Lv1...

To be fair, that's down, down-back, back. That's like three directions. IN A ROW. With two buttons at the end!

But HOW do I do DAT?!

Wait I just realized that I've been using a Wii remote this whole time.

MLG PRO HERE

Last edited:
The final couple of hits to Eliza's Lv3 do a boatload of damage. Like the last hit unscaled or last 3 looks like it does more than the super if every hit connects. I wonder how to just get those to hit.

The final couple of hits to Eliza's Lv3 do a boatload of damage. Like the last hit unscaled or last 3 looks like it does more than the super if every hit connects. I wonder how to just get those to hit.

You do an over head mix up with an assist hitting low on the opposite side of the opponent so like Val.'s cr. mk or something or Squigly's Tremolo.

Okay. I did it in slow mo and saw the invul. I didn't see it before because its not a lot.

Edit: I tested it against some jump ins. It can lose to jump ins since there isn't a lot of invul. You gotta have really good timing to reverse.
"Isn't a lot of invuln?" It's completely invuln until the 4th active frame! What else do you want?

o.0 How much invul does a normal dp have? Isn't it more than that?
More than 4f of invincibility during active frames? No way.
HP Updo is invincible for the first 2 active frames.
MP Bang is invincible for the first 2 active frames.
HK Fiber Upper, 2.
Devil Horns, 3 (+1 more invin after the active period ends).
L and M Bomber, zero. :^)
Napalm Pillar, 4. Heh.
Squigly Lv2 HP DP, 5.

Supers, if they are invincible at all, are typically invincible through the first active frame, and Lv3s are typically invincible for the first 3.

Actually, Eliza's DP is only invincible for the first active frame, it should probably get one more. Lemme fix that. :^P

Actually, Eliza's DP is only invincible for the first active frame, it should probably get one more. Lemme fix that. :^P

So you gonna add one or two more invincible frames to her DP? Need to know that Frame data.

Oh. Well. I don't know that kinda stuff. Thanks for the info. I guess its just cuz I went by how they looked that I thought the others had more.

On second thought DON'T Change the amount of invincible frames with Eliza's DP it's more that enough to counter Peacock's Argus on reaction so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back