• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blood for the Blood Goddess! Eliza BETA Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was that Sekhmet spin special not included? Unless there was more to that special than just being an A.X.E lookalike.

I find that it is pretty funny how the generic punch assist is C.HK and the generic Kick is s.HP

I wonder if there's gonna be more clothes for the win pose :P

Has anyone noticed that j.HK seems to trigger IPS every now and then when it doesn't seem like it should? I know occasionally when I've been trying some combos and I try to end with j.HP > ADC > J.HP it triggers IPS even though I only used one launcher and this isn't after a loop or anything, it just seems to trigger it randomly after a long combo string, this is most likely intentional but I thought I'd bring it up in case it's not supposed to do that.

The combo I've been using that seems to trigger it most is just this:

s.LP(3) > cr.MP(2) > s.HP(3) > cr.HP > j.LK > j.MK > j.HK > ADC > j.HK

At that point it triggers IPS so it would seem to be intentional but it also doesn't seem like it should be doing that to me, if it is though at least it's fairly easy burst bait to use.

EDIT: This didn't occur to me while writing this, but if it more properly belongs in the combo thread feel free to move it, it just didn't occur to me while I was writing it down in here and I felt it was something that should be made aware to everyone. >.< My bad if it didn't go here though.

That is very intentional.

You need to study IPS some more.

You did 2 ground chains, meaning everything in the first air chain is counted towards IPS.

That is very intentional.

You need to study IPS some more.

You did 2 ground chains, meaning everything in the first air chain is counted towards IPS.

K then, I'll make a note of it and thank you for correcting me on it and yes I do need to study the IPS better, I'm definitely not very familiar with all of it's conditions. Again though with that being intentional it makes for a pretty easy burst bait.

Holy crap, i just checked out that c.HK. We playin Armorgirls now. Seriously, 1 or 2 hits is fine, but beating Argus and sometimes Parasoul lvl 3 with a normal is a bit much.

Last edited:
Holy crap, i just checked out that c.HK. We playin Armorgirls now. Seriously, 1 or 2 hits is fine, but beating Argus and sometimes Parasoul lvl 3 with a normal is a bit much.
lol armorgirls, hahaha guurl its just fabulous eliza xD

Eliza does have 2 hits, it's just physical though.
Infinite projectile armor though :)

So far, I think she feels like a MUCH MUCH slower Valentine, what with all of the multiple button press normals, being really good at air-to-air, and the uprising airdash. She trades all of Val's speed for actually doing damage.

If I said I didn't like her...

I'd be in da Nile.

Still she seems awkward to combo with and it looks like you kind of have to go out of your way to do any decent damage but hey, she's only got her normal and I can't wait to see what fantastic fuckery she can pull off.

I don't like her S.MP though, it's...unnecessary? feels like that to me anyways and watch me eat my words later.

Also, I so want Fortune to make the 'da nile' pun with her.

Hmmm... I dont see it that way. Other characters can beat those supers by doing actual hitconfirmable damage (either by raw punish "gregor" or "car" or super jumping over the second part of argus and getting a full confirm... But the boat is a sweep and sweep starters are uncomboable... So thats a 1300 damage punish... Not the best in the world at all.

Now if and when Eliza gets actual specials or supers that are invincible startup and lead to full combo that she can kara cancel boat into... Then it might be good but at this point its just meh, really. Its a helluva lot better than peacock porting behind you and getting one of those fatty peacock counter hit combos off on you....

Wait, you can cancel normals into taunt?! This changes everything! Switching teams to Peacock, Big Band, Eliza.

Wait, you can cancel normals into taunt?! This changes everything! Switching teams to Peacock, Big Band, Eliza.
Don't get used to it, her taunts gonna be some darkstalkers reference soon.

Initial impressions, of course subject to change, but its still good to get things out there:

Shes slow and really seems like she deserves a double jump for whatever reason... Probably because at first i kept trying to double jump with her.

Her normals seem kinda lackluster on the ground, which is to be expected since this is sg. Boat looks pretty awesome though and may be a good way in with some sort of fireball assist.

J.hp looks to be the anti everything move. Huge hitbox...
Cr.lk has EXTREME range for a 7 frame low. Making it in my mind the best cr.lk in the game at this point in time.

She can run away with the best of them with stuff like jump back j.hk, xx back airdash j.hk
Which when combined with boat seems like she can control her horizontal space very effectively and increases her speed 10 fold.

Right now her dash in and airdash in game seems kinda limited as far as range goes.

-edit... Forgot to mention that her normals are freaking HUGE on average. Which helps immensely and may make her into a dhalsim style character with the huge pokes.

All in all i really like her so far. She has issues such as awkward normals and slow normal movement but she has ways around this by not using those awkward normals and by using things like her j.hk to increase her backward movement speed, which I'm thinking is going to become extremely important once we see her specials, especially if she has a fireball/charge stance type of move and /or if she gets some sort of air special move projectile.

Last edited:

Well, it's not perfect. Attacks from behind or above get no armor; a quick jump attack or The Hole Idea (for Peacock) can position for punishment. (Though this, as I said before, depends on her specials, and whether she gets a good one to cancel out of.) And certain grabby moves hurt. The Silver Chord and Daisy Pusher cut her short. Cerebella can grab her out of it with the Merry-Go-Rilla, though it takes some cojones. On the other hand, the Egret Charge might as well have crashed into a brick wall, and Valentine's Mortuary Drop and EKG Flatliner only lead to Valentine going flying. Nota bene, though: Dead on Arrival will grab Eliza out of her attack. Oh, and though no initial damage is done, Vial Hazard effects will stick when they hit the attack. Not sure if glitch or intended.

Don't forget that it being armor also means that Eliza actually takes damage

No. No she does not. I literally just tested it with Argus Agony to be certain. I heard those hits, about two seconds' worth of beam, and the attack data did not twitch. Not even scratch damage.

EDIT: IsaVulpes found a significant error in my testing -- see below, disregard this.

Last edited:
So far I've enjoyed her and her combos aren't too bad considering she has no specials to really use in her combos, nor does she have blockbusters to end her combos either. Both of those things limit her a lot more than she would otherwise be right now, not to mention Sekhmet mode, assuming it exists as we have all theorized means she'll be able to trade her health (presumably) for much faster speed and more than likely a far superior mix-up and rush down game.

No. No she does not. I literally just tested it with Argus Agony to be certain. I heard those hits, about two seconds' worth of beam, and the attack data did not twitch. Not even scratch damage.
Yup. Mike said on the stream that it was fireball invulnerable, not that it had infinite hits of fireball armor.

EDIT: .... orrrrr I could be wrong it seems. I dunno sure.

EDIT: Yup. Very very wrong it seems. Carry on with your business, citizens.

Last edited:
Well, it's not perfect. Attacks from behind or above get no armor; a quick jump attack or The Hole Idea (for Peacock) can position for punishment. (Though this, as I said before, depends on her specials, and whether she gets a good one to cancel out of.) And certain grabby moves hurt. The Silver Chord and Daisy Pusher cut her short. Cerebella can grab her out of it with the Merry-Go-Rilla, though it takes some cojones. On the other hand, the Egret Charge might as well have crashed into a brick wall, and Valentine's Mortuary Drop and EKG Flatliner only lead to Valentine going flying. Nota bene, though: Dead on Arrival will grab Eliza out of her attack. Oh, and though no initial damage is done, Vial Hazard effects will stick when they hit the attack. Not sure if glitch or intended.

Why make complex rules for how the armor of a single normal works and how to counter it when you can make complex rules on how supers/specials work and how to counter them. What I'd hate is for this attack to be core to her gameplay and for it to be her best assist option by far. Seriously, what is Mike even smoking?

Why make complex rules for how the armor of a single normal works and how to counter it when you can make complex rules on how supers/specials work and how to counter them. Seriously, what is Mike even smoking?
because why not? it is a good movement tool. was there any rule that said normals are never allowed to have special properties?

What are you smoking, rather? Neither will this be the core to her gameplay, nor will it be her best assist option by far (or her assist choices are gonna be REALLY shit).

Well, the sweep is a pretty sweet assist for peacock. Just sayin'. I don't even really play peacock, as evidenced by last nights SNS

Kind of a shame to see her throw change already from the 'wall carry but no follow ups' to 'mild carry with follow ups'. That was a really unique concept and looked baller as fuck.

I know there were complaints that anyone caught by it could just tech out of the corner, thereby leaving Eliza in there instead, and having it follow up means it's probably a better throw this way. I guess a solution to keeping it the first way could be something like changing the timing so that Eliza lands outside tech range and recovers before their tech animations would. She'd lose some of the positioning value by not being right up in the corner, but it'd retain that really unique aspect the first showing had.

Either way, very early days and I'm really liking her so far.

EDIT: I know Mike hates these sorts of posts, so I'm sorry!

Last edited:
Kind of a shame to see her throw change already from the 'wall carry but no follow ups' to 'mild carry with follow ups'. That was a really unique concept and looked baller as fuck.

I know there were complaints that anyone caught by it could just tech out of the corner, thereby leaving Eliza in there instead, and having it follow up means it's probably a better throw this way. I guess a solution to keeping it the first way could be something like changing the timing so that Eliza lands outside tech range and recovers before their tech animations would. She'd lose some of the positioning value by not being right up in the corner, but it'd retain that really unique aspect the first showing had.

Either way, very early days and I'm really liking her so far.
At least Mike has the code already for it? I imagine h can switch between back and forth quite easily.

But yeah, I'm liking Eliza a lot too and it seems like she's right up my ally, especially with C.HK has an assist for Squigly.
#TeamDeadlyDivas lives!

I like her speed and her normals seem like they will be TONS of fun, but as is to be expected she seems very RUFF.

*I know it is terrible but I had to.*

yes i need to start learning filla and parasoul to get my team together ive been putting off learning this game for awhile but now that eliza is out i have to start playing

Why was that Sekhmet spin special not included? Unless there was more to that special than just being an A.X.E lookalike.

I'm guessing that and her other specials aren't fully complete with hitboxes and such so they were left out for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back