• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Borderlands

Take the points out of Backdraft and put them in Chain Reaction. CR will raise you're damage by a lot, and is active as long as someone is phaselocked, so it's best to keep the phaselocked enemy alive as long as possible. Chain Reaction and Wreck will help destroy everything, Ruin and Converge double that destruction.

Reactions: southpawper
I'll respec later; BD's helping me out as is, and considering I'm overlevel'd as hell right now (ran through Dragon Keep once I hit 30; currently 36 after Jack shot Roland), Wreck and CR won't really do me much good since Phaselock just gnashes their health away. Also, Magic Missile at its current gear level is one-shot'ing 2+ targets per toss.

Your at a point that you can still have fun with your build lol. I'm used to the UVHM crap of every point needing to be spent perfectly. Keep using what works for you until problems start coming up, though that probably won't be till level 50 or so. Skills start scaling horrible after that.

Just so you know, in UVHM makes Cloud Kill, Helios, Blight Phoenix, and Immolate laughable skills. Enemies heal faster than they do damage, though that becomes true for DOTs in general.

I guess I'll skip Immolate later on; I'll just take Helios to round out the elemental DoT from Ruin, where I can just complete the elemental fuckery with Torgue weapons lol

And, yeah, Cloud Kill is meh. I'll definitely put that point elsewhere.

Yes, ALWAYS buy Torgue. That's pretty much rule #1 of Borderlands 2.

Rule #2: Never hesitate to use Keys if your gear sucks AND you have Keys to spare afterward (I'm sitting on about 90 right now, since I've used about 30 altogether, and I got all of those legitimately).

If you run out of keys or want to save them, the chests at the end of the Mercenary Day DLC are great for loot. Lots of E-techs, COMs, and a decent chance for legendary weapons. In playthrough 1 and 2, the loot locks at the level you enter the DLC at until the last story mission is completed, where it'll scale up to the max level of the playthrough, so keep that in mind.

Yes, ALWAYS buy Torgue. That's pretty much rule #1 of Borderlands 2.
Screw that I'm taking a Jakobs. I don't want it to live after I run out of ammo and finally hit it.

Reactions: Ktulu
Jakobs was so good in Borderlands 1... It really didn't take more than one shot. Now once you get to playthrough 3 slag and the correct element become necessary.

The only good Jakobs weapon late game is the Twister on Gaige with skills in the Little Big Trouble tree. But 1) Good luck farming for the thing and 2) It's elemental, so if you're a Jakobs purist it's no good.

Jakobs has amazing guns. I would recommend Maliwan and Torgue too. However, it's entirely up to you, sometimes I enjoy carrying some Tediore or Dahl weapons.

Jakobs has two awesome guns in Borderlands 2, but their such a pain to farm. The Twister shotgun drops from Omnd Omnd Ohk, who randomly spawns when a Witch Docter keeps leveling up a Badass Savage.

The Cobra sniper drops from any of the Pete's Burner's enemies, but the drop rate is ludicrous. There's a 20% chance for them to drop a weapon, then a 16.6% chance of it being a sniper, then there's a .88% chance (yes there's a point before that) for that sniper to be the Cobra.

I want to use a Jakobs. Let me use a Jakobs, Gearbox.

I am still using a sniper I got from the Sanctuary Loot Chest. It's Vladof, Slag, and it has a 27-round base magazine. Sometimes I use it as an AR replacement lol

Oh.. we have a borderlands thread do we?
49520_2014-01-03_00005.png

49520_2014-01-03_00007.png

I really like this game!!

Well I got a copy of the GOTY edition for an early B-day gift and just finished the regular campaign. I'm doing Captain Scarlet and her Pirates booty campaign.

I'm now at lvl.30 with Maya.

Any one up for some team play? I'm planning to start at 10, and I'm willing to start with a new character as I'm still low level my self. This is on PS3 GotYE.

Is there an easier way to level up more quickly then just missions? I mean I have a relic that gives me an extra 5.8% EXP.

Any one up for some team play? I'm planning to start at 10, and I'm willing to start with a new character as I'm still low level my self. This is on PS3 GotYE.

Maybe, I could start off on trying out Kreig the Psycho since I also got the GotY edition of Borderlands 2.

@Midiman no Blood Bath? Blasphemy!
Not really. It's practically THE melee build for Krieg. Just hit Release the Beast, overkill something with melee, and watch the fireworks. Rinse and repeat.
It's pretty terrible for raids outside of Pete (and maybe Terramorphous if you can live to Masher phase) but it's ridiculously fun for everything else...as long as you don't chain facebash multiple times.

Shame I burned out on playing the game. I had a lot of fun, but enemy health just gets ridiculous at the end of UVHM, and that's not even counting OP levels. In case I feel like going back, I do have a Gunzerker to build up...

Not really. It's practically THE melee build for Krieg. Just hit Release the Beast, overkill something with melee, and watch the fireworks. Rinse and repeat.
It's pretty terrible for raids outside of Pete (and maybe Terramorphous if you can live to Masher phase) but it's ridiculously fun for everything else...as long as you don't chain facebash multiple times.

I use Blood Bath on Melee Krieg because it gives me an almost infinite amount of grenades since Buzz Axe Bombardier counts as a grenade, which allows me to throw out plenty of slag bouncing bonnys between activating Release the Beast. It helps greatly in the OP levels.

Ok, seeing as I played solo last night I guess that announcement was too short notice. I'll be open for team play again tonight at the same time, 10pm. Send me a message ether on PSN or here if any one is interested.

I'd join you, but I'm taking a small break from this game. Digistruct Peak might have caused some rage....

I'm still organizing all the crap I threw around my room.

Yeah, I pretty much tried to go down to get all the game-changers in both tiers instead of getting stuff like Blood Bath. I have considered respec'ing many times, but these work well to my playstyle.

I might clone the char and see whats up with Blood Bath per your suggestion though

I remember seeing that as a work in progress at the Gearbox forums. Cool seeing it done!

I was a bit disappointed with Nisha. We'll see how she ends up.

Cloning pistol's ain't no joke.

I just want a melee char now ;-;

I knew the would give out information about claptrap last, I just wanna know what he will do, I have an idea based off his name the claptrap the fragtrap that he himself would explode constantly as an action skill.

Athena has a melee skill tree. And there's a possibility Claptrap will be the official melee class, since he is the Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap from Borderlands 1. Also a trailer showed the classes together, and Athena had her shield up (action skill), Wilhelm summoned his surveyors (action skill), Nisha had two pistols and was quickly aiming at enemies (action skill and capstone skill), and Claptrap had his fists up. That theory has some good ground.

That would make sense. It would also necessitate his being another potential tank, which would fit very well, as Claptraps are made to take tons of abuse.

If he really ends up being a melee character, I hope they give him Krieg's weight. The worst part of melee Zero was getting knocked all over the place.

HAHA WHAT THE FUCK
zatuse6y.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like Handsome Jack has been outed as a secret anime watcher.

New trailer for Borderlands Pre sequel which also features what Claptrap's action skill is, all praise RNGesus.

Bless Claptrap. His action skill makes me want to play as him now.

Reactions: Cybermanworf