• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Buer Overdrive vs. Beowulf j.HP w/ chair

I don't believe her level 3 has invuln after the flash and beowulf's hitbox is gigantic and active for centuries.
yujOGmE.png

I'm not even sure it's active (level 3) on its first frame

so that seems normal to me.

EDIT: Yeah Painwheel's level 3 is not active until 2 frames after the flash and it isn't invulnerable so this is completely normal.

Reactions: dMags and mcpeanuts
The armor would've absorbed the hit and killed him after but you died from it being a CH from a solo

I wasn't aware hitting armor caused a counter hit. That's good to know.

Did you still beat him at least?

I wasn't aware hitting armor caused a counter hit. That's good to know.
It doesn't actually, you just take half damage during armor. You can still get a counter hit if you hit them during the recovery though, of course.

The heartbreak is so real.

Oh I actually didn't even think about that, just saw the red flash and assumed it did 50% more. Probably just killed even though it had armor.

How does CH even work in that scenario?

Oh I actually didn't even think about that, just saw the red flash and assumed it did 50% more. Probably just killed even though it had armor.

How does CH even work in that scenario?
You mean when you have armor? I tested it and getting hit during super armor doesn't give you a heartbreak symbol though you do take half damage. However if that halved damage kills it does give you the heartbreak symbol and red flash....... it also for some reason deals double the normal damage instead.

When you have armor but would die.

I thought it could've been like zid's video where battle butt was being crazy

Oh here I have the perfect video. I recorded this along time ago.

"If only there was a super as brittle as Gregor Samson, but cost three times as much."

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
As of 2/9/14 Beta patch notes:

- As the only Lv3 in the entire game that can be hit and killed after the flash but before any active frames, Buer Overdrive now won't let Painwheel die until the armor is broken, without requiring her to have Hatred Install active. (All her armor naturally works this way during Hatred Install.) Big experiment, but you're spending a decent amount of meter on the super already.

Thank you, @Mike_Z

Reactions: When's Skullgirls