• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Bug with IPS and assists in the first chain of a combo?

Fosh

Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com
Steam
fosh
PSN
Fuwushie
Today in the wonderful world of "minute things to notice," it looks like if you get a hit (and move IPS to stage 2) and confirm into an assist (which hits while IPS is still in stage 2), if your point returns to neutral before the assist is done hitting them, IPS moves into stage 3 and counts the assist for 20 undizzy on the very next hit the assist makes on the opponent. Can @Mike_Z confirm or deny that this is intentional? Seems like a bug to me.

0:18

I've noticed this everyday. It's always Bomber that causes it for me.

Given that assists are universally linked into, they should always give undizzy and advance the combo stage given the basic rules of the combo system. The glitch is that you're able to use assists during combo stages 1 and 2 without doing either of those.

Oh it's certainly a bug, but since it shortens combos it's unlikely to get fixed. (^.^) The fix, if it ever happened, would be that assists would always count as whatever stage they initially hit in.

Rip viable otgless grab combo with filia and bomber in the corner. I would do them, but this bug makes it really not worth the undizzy