• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Burst frame data?

Cynical

Sulphur and Mercury
Reaction score
Steam
Changes constantly; search for "Cynical" and look for my avatar.
Eliza Parasoul Cerebella
I've been looking for this, and can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone know whether bursts are + or - on block, and by how much?

All bursts are safe on block

I'm aware of that, but let's say I do a Val combo that reaches the undizzy limit, and DHC to Bella level 3. After that Bella level 3, I've got a groundbounce where I could hit with a s.HP for a bit more damage, but would give my opponent a burst that I could block.

Obviously, this wouldn't be a "burst bait", but would I be minus frames (and thus be forced keep blocking and go on the defensive- i.e., I wouldn't want to do that last s.HP) or plus a small amount of frames (and thus able to go on the offensive, even though I can't actually punish)?

assuming the burst hits or is blocked, both players should recover on the same frame. The only time that's messed up is if a projectile triggers IPS, in which case the attacking player recovers as normal while the bursting player has the full burst frames, but the bursting player is invincible until the end of the burst recovery

Reactions: Cynical
Excellent, that's what I wanted to know. Thanks!

after the wallbounce you can follow up with titan knuckle and cancel it into hp LnL for a burst bait. If they bite they'll get rocked with 2700 from counter hit, and it can be canceled to Diamond Dynamo.

Reactions: Cynical
You can do things like trigger a burst in the corner with something that will recover in time to block, pushblock the burst to negate some blockstun, and begin attacking again with frame advantage with the opponent in a low air recovery.