• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Can we get some Combo Breakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeezNuts01

Reaction score
Feel free to make a more constructive thread at a later date, but ranting isn't really going to encourage anyone to help you.
Is that so much to ask? No one likes these wack-ass long-ass combos. Lemme play the game, I don't want to watch no combo video made by Desk with commentary by Hellpockets impersonating the DBZ announcer. LET ME PLAY THE GAME. Every time I get touched and long-ass wack-ass dirty-ass combo, BOOM, it's like some dudes jumps into your room and tells you to go outside and slaps the controller out of your hand. No one likes that. What a horrible night to have a curse combo wombo shit.

How about MK-style breakers?

Or KI-style breakers?

TVC?

Hello? Do you understand the words coming out of my mouth?

AND NONE OF THIS "OH YOU GOTTA' GET HIT MINIMUM 45 TIMES AND GET DOUSED IN IVAN'S OOZE BEFORE YOU CAN BREAK THE COMBO" NONSENSE.

Homie don't play dat.

Reactions: Muro
Look guys, is that time of the year again. :D ... ¬¬'

Also there is son, two actually, the one you're looking for is called Undizzy and is the green meter below your life bar. Pay attention to take to see when they are going to reset you and actually not combo you. Or you get your burst if they keep comboing you.

Among the other reasons this won't be implemented, it's too late in the development cycle to make big changes to gameplay. Even if this was a good idea (it's not) it still couldn't be added to the game.

I liked the Ivan Ooze reference though.

Reactions: dapurplesharpie
Nah son, I got hit once by a 62 hit combo and I couldn't burst it, yo. You mean to tell me dat dat aint long? What's your definition of long? Shaq? Andre the Giant? Do you think The Hobbit is too short? The Peter Jackson extended Blu is 4 hours yo. You be like "Noooooo! Don't end! I want to see more Dildo Daggins!" GTFO.

And Combo Breakers aint a good idea? Maaaaaannnnnnnn. So when Cacpom, Double Helix, and Midway do it, it's not a good idea? Homie don't play dat. Get smacked by my clown sock.

Reactions: Dime
Sorry if I sound like a jerk, but...
It's called IPS, man, "Infinite Protection System", in my opinion that's a "combo breaker". You just have to watch out for burst baits, that's all.
Nah son, I got hit once by a 62 hit combo and I couldn't burst it, yo.
Were the sparkle effects for the IPS showing?

Last edited:
Sorry if I sound like a jerk, but...
It's called IPS, man, "Infinite Protection System", in my opinion that's a "combo breaker". You just have to watch out for burst baits, that's all.
Were the sparkle effects for the IPS showing?

NAH SON I SAID NO IVAN'S OOZE! LEARN TO READ YO!

Nah son, I got hit once by a 62 hit combo and I couldn't burst it, yo. You mean to tell me dat dat aint long? What's your definition of long? Shaq? Andre the Giant? Do you think The Hobbit is too short? The Peter Jackson extended Blu is 4 hours yo. You be like "Noooooo! Don't end! I want to see more Dildo Daggins!" GTFO.

And Combo Breakers aint a good idea? Maaaaaannnnnnnn. So when Cacpom, Double Helix, and Midway do it, it's not a good idea? Homie don't play dat. Get smacked by my clown sock.
Hits isn't a good way to determine combo length. I can do Mayor of Earth combos with a bunch of multihitting normals but they won't be significantly longer than optimized combos. And stuff like Big Band level 3 does like 40 hits by itself, etc.

You mean NRS, not Midway, right? Midway doesn't make MK anymore.

If you're getting hit by a 62 hit combo then chances are they probably used supers, which means they spent meter, meaning they used resources to extend their combo, resources that you let them get.

:^)

Either that or see peanuts' answer above.

Hits isn't a good way to determine combo length. I can do Mayor of Earth combos with a bunch of multihitting normals but they won't be significantly longer than optimized combos. And stuff like Big Band level 3 does like 40 hits by itself, etc.

You mean NRS, not Midway, right? Midway doesn't make MK anymore.

It could be two million and five hundred thousand and one supers. Point is they don't let me play! LET. ME. PLAY. THE. GAME. I aint got time for your Final Fantasy ultimate attack. I don't need to be reminded of your ultimate waifu challenge.

If you're really against getting caught up in some 60-hit combo, then perhaps consider, like, not getting hit?

You know there is a button for blocking. it's called holding back or down back. if your opponent is giving you too much pressure you can press two punch buttons while blocking to do a push block. that should give you enough breathing room to do something.

Let me ask you something: how long was the combo in time? That should be what determines your little complaint here, not combo hits. If you're playing beta you should be able to catch a replay of it and keep track of the actual length of time that you were getting hit instead of just recounting it here.

Evidence is everything.

It could be two million and five hundred thousand and one supers. Point is they don't let me play! LET. ME. PLAY. THE. GAME. I aint got time for your Final Fantasy ultimate attack. I don't need to be reminded of your ultimate waifu challenge.
Maybe you'd like something like Street Fighter 4 more. It has less emphasis on combos.

If you're really against getting caught up in some 60-hit combo, then perhaps consider, like, not getting hit?

There aint no Just Defend in this shizzle, yo! I don't got my K Groove Sagat here.

Let me ask you something: how long was the combo in time? That should be what determines your little complaint here, not combo hits. If you're playing beta you should be able to catch a replay of it and keep track of the actual length of time that you were getting hit instead of just recounting it here.

Evidence is everything.

Two and a half hours. I could watch the Dark Knight while waiting for that weak-ass weaboo-boi combo to end.

You ever play turd strike? Maannnnnnnnn, that skateboarding dude hits you once, he does his combo and it's over after I blink AND I CAN STILL BLOCK THE RESET YO!

NAH SON I SAID NO IVAN'S OOZE! LEARN TO READ YO!
Well excuuuuuuuuuse me for not knowing what that is...jeez

Maybe you'd like something like Street Fighter 4 more. It has less emphasis on combos.

IT STILL GOT THE FINAL FANTASY ATTACKS SON! I DON'T WANT TO SEE ARIS' DEATH SCENE EVERY TIME!

IT STILL GOT THE FINAL FANTASY ATTACKS SON! I DON'T WANT TO SEE ARIS' DEATH SCENE EVERY TIME!
Every game has that these days though. Even your Double Helix and Midway games do. Even if you go way back, supers have been in fighting games since ST. You could play World Warrior or something I guess.

Also Aris didn't die, he was doing commentary as recently as last week.

guys, come on. It's obvious he's faking this. come on let's move on outa here. We'll call the clean up crew, alrighty?

Every game has that these days though. Even your Double Helix and Midway games do. Even if you go way back, supers have been in fighting games since ST. You could play World Warrior or something I guess.

Also Aris didn't die, he was doing commentary as recently as last week.

C'mon son. Supers be over in 2 seconds. You get hit by Yun in turd strike and you could watch and Vine and be back there playing. You can't even watch a full Vine in that shit, yo. But in Skuulgrills I can watch the 3 hour Dark Souls This is How You DON'T Play Youtube video. That's weak yo.

C'mon son. Supers be over in 2 seconds. You get hit by Yun in turd strike and you could watch and Vine and be back there playing. You can't even watch a full Vine in that shit, yo. But in Skuulgrills I can watch the 3 hour Dark Souls This is How You DON'T Play Youtube video. That's weak yo.
Play Third Strike I guess?

guys, come on. It's obvious he's faking this. come on let's move on outa here. We'll call the clean up crew, alrighty?
At least someone made a thread and is posting in it. Forums are dead af today

Reactions: dapurplesharpie
At least someone made a thread and is posting in it. Forums are dead af today
true, true... tsk... i'll be right back with some snacks if it gets really interesting.

Bro, if your time is so precious, making the combos shorter is just gonna take up more time.
Shorter combos=more neutral=staring at each other for 90% of the match.

Bro, I love the way OP types let's just keep this going.

Turd Strike died in dat Japanese earthquake yo. Way to be disrespectful son.
There's still an active scene on Fightcade from what I understand. @keninblack could probably point you in the right direction

Bro, if your time is so precious, making the combos shorter is just gonna take up more time.
Shorter combos=more neutral=staring at each other for 90% of the match.

Bro, I love the way OP types let's just keep this going.

Bruh, you mean you like the Peter Jackson 10 hour director's cut? SMH. Short combos are hype yo! Who be playing ST and say "Hey Tomo, this game needs longer combos!" Tomo wouldn't agree! Don't misrepresent Tomo!

In SkullGrils every character is Magneto in Drag.

Reactions: Magnet Tech
In SkullGrils every character is Magneto in Drag.

Quote of the Century. Put that shit on a statue in Washington. HAVE EVERYONE KNOW.

srsly__by_ribozurai-d55v5s5.gif

Dude, play marvel 3, there the combos are short and the game doesn't have any cinematic super at all. =P

That should be a quote on the SG2E's box.

"Solid fighting pulses at the core of Skullgirls" ~IGN

"feels more like a full-on fighting experience" ~GameInformer

"In SkullGrils every character is Magneto in Drag." ~DeezNuts01

Try smash bros brawl. There's no combos in that game.

Try smash bros brawl. There's no combos in that game.
actually, there kinda is. i mean it's weird but there can be "true" combos in Smash Bros. but you don't really need to do them in that game to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.