• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Cerebella Combo Collection (Alliteration)

Here, this is my first Bella combo since I might play this character in the future;

cLK cMP sHP xx RunStop
sLP cMK
- jMP jHK
sHP xx RunPummel
cMP cHP
- jLPx4 jHP
cLK cMP sHK xx Copter xx Dynamo

Char Universal, Preserves OTG, 7826 Damage (8266 with Titan after Dynamo), Plenty Reset points
Actually, there's one thing that you need to be aware of with this combo : max range c.lk confirming will often lead to c.mk whiffing on a lot of characters, especially fortune.
So be ready to switch for the usual c.hp starter BnB if you see you may be too far.

E: Apparently this is sorta what everyone has been doing in the first place, so hey I have great imagination and things
If you're talking about the combo, then no. Too few people use run stops. Unfortunately.

You can just do [4]6-[LPLKMK] for Pummel Horse or [4]6-[MKHK] for Kanchou, no need to plink or whatever; holding all buttons at the same time works fine and gives you fastest possible versions of the moves.
I stopped doing that input for Pummel horse because I kept getting a run stop instead. Probably poor execution, but by holding throw and just doing the run input I never miss it. As for kanchou...I feel stupid because I never thought to do that, despite trying the same thing with pummel horse for a long while >.>
Thank you!

Most of the times runstop is helpfully placed in a combo, its put at the end right before Undizzy limit. Putting it in the first chain means you're choosing to do no damage and then follow up with a light or a 1-frame linked medium instead of getting 1200 from Kanchou and then following up with a medium or heavy (or even j.hk). Doing it later means you choose to do no damage and followup with the same things instead of going into Pummel Horse for 20 undizzy and 1200 damage scaled to whatever, usually 600 where I put it) and follow up with a medium or heavy. And since s.hp, Pummel Horse, followup seems to do more damage than any s.mp, followup, Pummel Horse is USUALLY the thing you want to do if you're gonna stagger.

Honestly, the only time I ever do Runstop is when I'm screwing around before the kill (c.lk, c.mp, s.hp, runstop, c.lk, c.mp, runstop, c.lp, c.mp, s.hp, deflector, lvl3), or when they're right against the corner. Or like I said earlier, if its right before undizzy and I'm not close enough to the corner to c.lk after Dynamo and I want one more chain.

The better bnb has a runstop tho

c.lk, c.mk, c.hp,
j.mk, j.hk,
c.lk, c.mk, j.mp, j.hk,
s.hp, pummel horse,
c.mp, s.hp, runstop,
s.lpx2, s.mp, s.hk, copter, dynamo,

When you say better, what do you mean?

c.lk, c.mp, s.hp, Kanchou,
c.mk, j.mp, j.hk,
s.hp, Pummel Horse,
c.mp, c.hp, j.lp mash, j.hp,
s.lp, s.lp, c.mp, s.hk, cerecopter, Dynamo

When you say better, what do you mean?

c.lk, c.mp, s.hp, Kanchou,
c.mk, j.mp, j.hk,
s.hp, Pummel Horse,
c.mp, c.hp, j.lp mash, j.hp,
s.lp, s.lp, c.mp, s.hk, cerecopter, Dynamo

he meant universal and not spacing specific

That combo is universal. Oh, wait, Big Band happened. Well, it works on everyone except big band (and I have a Big Band combo that works nicely) everywhere but like 5% of the screen. I consider it a BNB.

could we stop splitting hairs in 4?

Actually, there's one thing that you need to be aware of with this combo : max range c.lk confirming will often lead to c.mk whiffing on a lot of characters, especially fortune.
So be ready to switch for the usual c.hp starter BnB if you see you may be too far.
It's like half a step or something I think.. I decided just not to care for now

If you're talking about the combo, then no. Too few people use run stops. Unfortunately.
Not runstop in the first string, but everything after that seems pretty normal
I mean, it's p.much the exact same combo as Zidiane posted like a page back, except he did Kanchou-cMK instead of Runstop-sLPcMK
I guess Bella doesn't have that many unique strings..

I stopped doing that input for Pummel horse because I kept getting a run stop instead. Probably poor execution, but by holding throw and just doing the run input I never miss it.
I have never had an issue with getting RunStop, like.. ever.
Even if you misinput it as bad it gets ([4]6LK~MK~LP) you usually get Pummel Horse; I had to try really hard to get RunStp on purpose with this input.

What can however happenn, is me trying to Pummel from downback and having unclean execution ([1]236LPLKMK, instead of [1]26LPLKMK), giving me a DDrop instead of Pummel
That hasn't happened yet either (if alone because I see no reason to charge with Downback), but .. maybe it's a thing, and indeed your way prevents that efficiently.

everywhere but like 5% of the screen.
I think spacing specific refers more to Kanchou not comboing unless you're right in their face, meaning this combo has pretty much 0 net range?
At least that's what my impression was from playing around with it, before I settled on the RunStop.

Which is prettier in either case, and I much prefer sexytimes over damage ^_^

Also it has two earlier Reset points, which I'd rate as rather useful.

I have never had an issue with getting RunStop, like.. ever.
Even if you misinput it as bad it gets ([4]6LK~MK~LP) you usually get Pummel Horse; I had to try really hard to get RunStp on purpose with this input.

What can however happenn, is me trying to Pummel from downback and having unclean execution ([1]236LPLKMK, instead of [1]26LPLKMK), giving me a DDrop instead of Pummel
That hasn't happened yet either (if alone because I see no reason to charge with Downback), but .. maybe it's a thing, and indeed your way prevents that efficiently.
Haha, sometimes when I try to do reversal diamond drops I get a runstop since I don't do a full quarter circle from down back >.>

I honestly don't know why I get a runstop most of the time when I try to do pummel horse that way, but that's what happens to me. I guess I have a hard time pressing three buttons simultaneously or something. Either way, holding throw then doing a run works well for me

steps: 2lk>2mp>5hp>kanchou>wait a second>2mk>jmp>jhk>5hp>pummel horse>merry go-rilla>either(2lk>2hp)or(66dash>2lk>2mk)>hits of jlp>either(jlk)or(jhp)>2lp>2mp>5hk>cere-copter>Diamond Dynamo

Holla!

Reactions: Sparties and ashxu
Not a real combo. They can shake out of Pummel Horse and avoid MGR.

you have to MGR immediately after pummel horse.i know it, i failed it a lot.
And I think MGR is unshakeable.
Look in the training options, and try setting "Stagger Recovery" to "On". They are able to shake Pummel Horse before you can grab. Trust me.

And it's not that they can shake out of MGR, the stagger that they are put into after Pummel Horse can be shaken out of, leaving them ungrabable midcombo.

Look in the training options, and try setting "Stagger Recovery" to "On". They are able to shake Pummel Horse before you can grab. Trust me.

And it's not that they can shake out of MGR, the stagger that they are put into after Pummel Horse can be shaken out of, leaving them ungrabable midcombo.

you mean like 4646464646? i tried,and yeah i cant do MGR.maybe i should change into 5mk>MGR it is doable

no wonder i failed lots of times when i was against to Koreans. thanks for the tips buddy.

you mean like 4646464646? i tried,and yeah i cant do MGR.maybe i should change into 5mk>MGR it is doable
s.mp*

Actually, comboing into MGR isn't really all that great an option. It eats one of your OTG's thereby limiting your followup, and also kinda limits your starter (the low damage s.mp, only doable after a limited route of combo chains (c.mk, j.mp, j.hk and c.hp, j.lpxn, j.hp are two of the most obvious ones, but there aren't many more)), and it means you can't do s.hp, Pummel Horse.

Last edited:
s.mp*

Actually, comboing into MGR isn't really all that great an option. It eats one of your OTG's thereby limiting your followup, and also kinda limits your starter (the low damage s.mp, only doable after a limited route of combo chains (c.mk, j.mp, j.hk and c.hp, j.lpxn, j.hp are two of the most obvious ones, but there aren't many more)), and it means you can't do s.hp, Pummel Horse.
well.i just tried to take MGR out of combo,adding c.mk>devil horns after kanchou, and the damage is about 9000 top,and mistakes happened a lot.
all the air combos i know are the two you mentioned,but i guess Cerebella is enough high-damage character so she doesn't need various combos.
i think i should stick on the easy combo when battling.

well.i just tried to take MGR out of combo,adding c.mk>devil horns after kanchou, and the damage is about 9000 top,and mistakes happened a lot.
all the air combos i know are the two you mentioned,but i guess Cerebella is enough high-damage character so she doesn't need various combos.
i think i should stick on the easy combo when battling.
This is my combo.
Only works when they're closer to the corner, but still works on most of the screen (works on everyone but Big Band, just replace c.lk, c.mp, s+f.hp with c.lk, c.mk, s+f.hp on heavy characters). If not, you can easily swap out the s.lp, s.lp, s.hk, cerecopter for s.lp, s.lp, c.mp, s.hp, runstop, c.lk, c.mp, s.hk, cerecopter, super for comparable damage and more corner push, and then if you end in the corner you can do another super.

This is my combo.
Only works when they're closer to the corner, but still works on most of the screen (works on everyone but Big Band, just replace c.lk, c.mp, s+f.hp with c.lk, c.mk, s+f.hp on heavy characters). If not, you can easily swap out the s.lp, s.lp, s.hk, cerecopter for s.lp, s.lp, c.mp, s.hp, runstop, c.lk, c.mp, s.hk, cerecopter, super for comparable damage and more corner push, and then if you end in the corner you can do another super.

ok i got it.so if i am in the middle. i should run stop twice and use only one lv1

Now do it in a real match! ;D
I plan to! All these hours I've spent in training mode practicing this combo, I can't wait to use all this effort to get the edge in real matches!

Edit: This combo looks fun and simple, but it's actually a fucking nightmare. I am so relieved to never have to do it again.
That's kinda impractical for 27 bars, isn't it?

It's up to @Zidiane sadly I'll have to either mute it or pitch the song differently so that @Nuuance doesn't get a youtube strike on his channel.
I can also just give you the video without the song. But I turned the game music off, so if you're going to use it you should probably have another song to take it's place.

I can also just give you the video without the song. But I turned the game music off, so if you're going to use it you should probably have another song to take it's place.
that is perfect actually.

That's even better because I prefer the music to be mute.

Guys, why is everyone uses s.HK instead of s.HP in the final chain? s.HP deals 5 extra damage.

Last edited:
Im mostly doing c.mk, f.hp, excellebella now. Works midscreen and does only like 50 less than copter

Guys, why is everyone uses s.HK instead of s.HP in the final chain? s.HP deals 5 extra damage.
s.hk gains twice the meter of s.hp, though. And in terms of a character that can do 10k+ off of c.lk, anything in the realm of ~100 damage is sorta take it or leave it.
Im mostly doing c.mk, f.hp, excellebella now. Works midscreen and does only like 50 less than copter
What do you get off of that over the standard Cerecopter finisher? Extra meter?

Yeah, the meter gain from excellebella is crazy

Looking at the meter percentages on the wiki (don't know how accurate they are, but it's all we got):
s.hk, Cerecopter gets 10%x2, (2.5%), 2.5% x7, 3.6%
TKnuckle, Excelle gets 10%, (2.5%) 14%, 2% x5, 9(%, I'm assuming)

So, according to the wiki, Cerecopter route should be getting 43.6% and your route is getting 45.5%. However, doing it, there's a clear and heavy favor given to your route. I wonder why that is?

Meter scales
Yeah, I figured, that's why before I tested it I maxed out scaling, so each hit should be getting the least amount of meter possible (this is how it works, right?). In the corner I did c.lk, c.mp, s.hk, copter, dynamo, c.lk, c.mp and then s.hk, cerecopter and compared with TKnuckle, Excellebella. The difference was pretty noticeable, and didn't at all look like a 2.1% difference. Actually, here's the meter after the above routes:
Left is Excellebella route, right is Copter route.
QsqbH8g.jpg
So either meter scaling works differently than damage scaling (which it may...?), the percentages are wrong (don't know how to test that), I'm reading them wrong (which I probably am), or the percents mean something different than I think they mean (which is also a legit possibility).