• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Cerebella's Reflect, Big Band's Parry & Valentine's Vials (Bug???)

Vladislav_Paizis

On hiatus from SG
Reaction score
Steam
Vladislav_Paizis
PSN
Vlad7779311
Ms. Fortune Eliza Unknown
I was watching a stream once (Don't remember whose it was, but he was a SoloBella player) and I saw the Streamer's Cerebella reflect Valentine's Poison Vial, but she was still poisoned. I was surprised when I saw this, so I played a bit with @infected melon and did some experiments in Training Mode and here's what I found:

If I record Valentine loading a Vial (Poison, Hitstun, Input Lag), throwing the vial and then just standing there, then the Vial's effects go away when I successfully reflect and hit Valentine with it.

BUT if I record Valentine holding back to block or jumping away after throwing a Vial, then Cerebella still gets affected even after doing a Reflect. So if Valentine successfully blocks or avoids a reflected Poison Vial, then Cerebella still loses health.

Is this a bug, @Mike_Z?

UPDATE! I decided to go to SG Beta and try Parrying Val's Vials with Big Band. Big Band also gets affected with the vial after parrying it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arcana
I actually asked Mike Z about this during salty and he said that it is not a glitch

But that's sort of like Big Band parrying every move of Diamond Dynamo and still getting the knockdown effect at the end, no?