• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Cerebella Cerecopter into Dynamo on characters in the air.

Fosh

Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com
Steam
fosh
PSN
Fuwushie
So as I found out in a set today, if you hit someone that's in the air with Cerecopter in just the right sort of way you can make Dynamo go the complete wrong way after Copter finishes and even have it whiff completely if you're really lucky. I was wondering if there's anything that could be about it so that Bella could always go the correct direction. I don't know if this is really a "bug" but this seemed like the best spot on the forums to post about it.

Probably just the side-correction thing?
The character rapidly switches from left to right, so I guess that's it.
E:
My best guess is that dynamo originally starts on the right side but the opponent's velocity at the time flings them to the opposite direction before the hitbox hits.

Last edited:
Reactions: dragonos451
Probably just the side-correction thing?
The character rapidly switches from left to right, so I guess that's it.
Well yeah, I know what's causing it to happen right now. :p I was just wondering if there was a "solution" to it without changing too much about Copter.

Maybe could extend the hitbox a bit backwards.
Or make the hitbox come out faster.
I don't really know...

This is actually a bit of a nuisance for me with one of Bella's corner combo enders. Anything that ends in xx Dynamo, c.LP/LK (delay) c.MK (delay) f.HP Cerecopter xx Dynamo has a good chance of sending Bella the wrong way if I connect with the part of Cerecopter that pulls Bella into her opponent.

I actually asked Mike about this a while ago. If you look at the diamond at the base of the character, that's the "real" point of the character. Cerecopter flings the opponent back and forth, so if you time it right, the diamond is on the wrong side, into Diamond Dynamo, it just totally changes the outcome (Because Bella auto-corrects herself to the point of the other character). I THINK that's what Mike told me, can't 100% remember, but I'm sure i got the gist. Pretty sure there's no solution, unless Mike does some changes.

Ye. Cerecopter has this, and the "being dragged while doing Cerecopter, especially when hitting Big Band" thing. This one would be fixed by moving the point back a little further, but I don't know what else that could effect, like what happens when you crossup (like maybe doing c.mk, cerecopter could put them behind you, but then you're hitting them from behind so it's suddenly not a crossup even though it looks like it is).

Wasn't Cerebella's DD hitbox recently changed to make it reach less high on the first active frame? Even if you pulled the hitbox to reach further behind her, I'm not so sure that would help in these situations. It would be helpful to take a look with hitboxes turned on.

Edit: What if the vacuum effect on copter always pulled the opponent more towards the front of Bella, regardless of where or when they get hit by the move?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rynozilla
Wasn't Cerebella's DD hitbox recently changed to make it reach less high on the first active frame? Even if you pulled the hitbox to reach further behind her, I'm not so sure that would help in these situations. It would be helpful to take a look with hitboxes turned on.
Even with the first-frame change, Diamond Dynamo manages to connect behind Bella for me, although they usually fall out of the last hit. Mike Z mentioned that the frame 1 change was supposed to make it blockable post-flash at longer distances without affecting the way it combos.

I'm surprised this doesn't mess up the input and cause you to do Diamonds are Forever.

I'm surprised this doesn't mess up the input and cause you to do Diamonds are Forever.
Special/Super move inputs are relative to the direction the character is facing, not the opponent's position. Bella is facing to the right the whole time so super inputs would be facing right.