• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Certain keys cannot be selected in key config

zeknife

Reaction score
Steam
zeknife
Parasoul Squigly Big Band
A number of keys can't be configured in the control settings, such as shift, ctrl, alt, tab, etc

I'm sure a lot of keyboard players would appreciate the ability to bind inputs to these keys
I personally made myself a simple autohotkey script just so I can use macro 2 with my shift key, and it's quite bothersome having to start that up every time I play, not to mention my setup wouldn't work on any other computer

These are pretty common keys to use in games, and it doesn't make sense to not include them.

I'm not sure exactly how keyboard configs work, but are you sure that the reserved keys aren't just bound to player 2?

I'm not sure exactly how keyboard configs work, but are you sure that the reserved keys aren't just bound to player 2?
I am confident that they are not bound anywhere else or to player 2, the game simply doesn't react to them being pressed when configuring controls.

I think I'll just use this thread since I'm having the same issue. I want to rebind a second assist to shift, but it doesn't work. Neither does ctrl, alt, tab, etc. Although space works.

Has this issue been looked into? I assume it's not intentional to leave these keys out.

I've just tried this, and I couldn't assign it either. Ctrl, Alt, Shift and Tab are usually considered modifiers, so there could be some logic in wanting to avoid having them assigned to in-game functions (e.g. it could interfere with Alt+F4, etc.)

I'm gonna bump this a long-ass while later because this kinda still bothers me
Not sure if the input code is something Mike is comfortable looking at