• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf Chair grab when button timing off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesMcCloud

eat your teeth
Reaction score
Steam
Smashtaper
Eliza Fukua
This isn't necessarily bug, but Mike brought to my attention that if the button timing is off by a little bit for moves that require more than 1 button press, it's treated as though they are pressed at the same time. I wondered if this would help if the same logic applied to Beo chair grabs or even dashes. Just a thought!

What do you mean by Beo Chair Grab?

Also plenty of people have begged for 2F button dashes instead of 1F but I don't think that's happening.

What do you mean by Beo Chair Grab?

Also plenty of people have begged for 2F button dashes instead of 1F but I don't think that's happening.

I mean the two K buttons to grab his chair back when it's available, sorry for the lack of specification. You can't do it with the off timing from what I've tried. And I didn't know about the dashes already being requested QQ

Chair grab is already a 2f window, I just checked. I can easily increase that to 3f though.

Dashes are going to stay 1f because if they aren't 1f then you need to be able to kara-cancel normals into dashes, and if that's allowed you get plink dashes like MvC3 (dash->normal~dash->normal~dash) which are...not desired. Techincally the input actually has the same leniency as other multi-button inputs, but you only have 1f because you start a normal attack.

Reactions: JamesMcCloud
Sorry for being off-topic but while we're talking about 1f windows, is there any reason why Painwheel's unfly has a strict 1f window like ground dashes ? If there's no way to abuse a larger window (maybe there's one that I'm just missing, but I don't see it), would it be possible to increase it a little bit ?

Sorry for being off-topic but while we're talking about 1f windows, is there any reason why Painwheel's unfly has a strict 1f window like ground dashes ? If there's no way to abuse a larger window (maybe there's one that I'm just missing, but I don't see it), would it be possible to increase it a little bit ?
For exactly the same reason? As soon as you press a button you are no longer flying, so you're not gonna unfly from your j.MP or whatever.

I get that part. Sorry, I think I wasn't clear. I meant : "Why isn't it possible to allow kara-canceling air normals into unfly ?" (so we could have a 2-3 frame window for the unfly input, and be able to do fly -> block even with a sloppy-ish input).

I'm asking that because I don't see what undesirable crazy stuff it would bring (like plink dash > plink dash) and I'm curious about it.

I get that part. Sorry, I think I wasn't clear. I meant : "Why isn't it possible to allow kara-canceling air normals into unfly ?" (so we could have a 2-3 frame window for the unfly input, and be able to do fly -> block even with a sloppy-ish input).
I'm asking that because I don't see what undesirable crazy stuff it would bring (like plink dash > plink dash) and I'm curious about it.
- Not having to worry about fly->j.HP->armor->block, even if it's for 1 frame.
- Not having to special-case a whole bunch of crap, because there are flying normals not regularly jumping normals, and miss some edge cases with no further updates left. Nobody found unfly->airblock being messed up until after that patch shipped, despite it being in the beta for months beforehand. What if there's some bug with low fly->normal->land->unfly? Who knows.
- I never have to answer the question "Why did I get CH during unfly?"

Understood, thanks for taking the time to answer !

Status
Not open for further replies.