• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Characters loading incorrectly in Training Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agitoho

Artist, Writer and Little Devil =3
Reaction score
Website
www.weasyl.com
Steam
Agitoho
Valentine
Every so often, in training mode, the characters will load on the left side of the screen. At first, it was sort of a rare occurrence, but yesterday it was rather abundant. I did a little experiment to try to figure out any common factors with it.

It happens most on these stages:

Glass Canopy
Under the Bridge
Gehenna
Lab 8 (empty)
Final Atrium

The first time you go into a stage, it'll load the characters in the middle, like always. But every so often (though sometimes repeatedly) if you select play again after defeating the dummies, the characters will load on the left side of the screen, all the way over to the "wall" of the stage. It seems to happen more so when you select random for the stage select and then hit play again after you finish off your training dummy. You can reset the characters to their proper place by pausing and hitting play again. I don't think I tested this out when the stage was set to random, though.

If it helps, usually what I have running in training mode is Show Hit Boxes and Simple Attack Data. Last night, I had Meter and Health at Normal, with Death Allowed. I believe I also had Show Crossups on, too. The dummies were set at Manual on Nightmare level. Everything else should have been on default setting.

Oh, I suppose I should note I haven't seen this in online matches, both ones I've been in and ones I've spectated, so that should be one less thing you have to check. =D

That's a thing. You hold left or right while it's loading the stage (or right after you select "Play again") and the characters will placed in the corner of which direction you held.

Oh, that's interesting. I suppose I could see the use for that if you want to practice how to get out of corner. Well thank you guys for the help!

Reactions: Rynozilla
Status
Not open for further replies.