• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA Chicago Thread: We are actually the best

Hey guys. Over in Kansas City we have a semi annual tournament coming up on October 25th. I just had the idea to try to drum up some interest in the midwest region and have a bigger than usual tournament for SkullGirls. KC and STL are already down. I just posted in the Colorado thread, and now I'm here. I'm gonna get the details soon, but I'm just trying to drum up some interest tonight. Waddya guys say?

@Night Phyre you've been scarce lately. George and the boys miss you.

I have indeed been scarce. I've been doing a lot more outside audio consulting, and I missed a lot of locals, lately. I'm not really sure when I'll be able to really jump back in and get back into the swing of things, but hopefully I do it before the DLC is all served up.

I've really burnt out on SG after EVO, looking to pick it back up with Eliza. Do you have any sort of link for the event? I'll gladly share it around.

I hadn't originally planned to come due to the Bears game tonight, but I might try to stop by. I want to get in more on the 2v2s today, though. Otherwise, I should be in next week.

Ill be there with a dedicated SG setup from open to close. The 2v2's are pretty much all finished before 10pm, so there's plenty of time for casuals both before and long after.

(Dont forget ya handhelds for the 3ds smash demo tourny too!)

This Monday: last chance to get your beatings on my scrub ass in before Eliza comes out and I bop y'all for real

I see you sitting there scared @konkrete. Oh yeah. This is real. I'm comin for ya.

Jokes on you, I've made some new additions to the playbook with Eliza on my team. I can now optimally suffer playing this game by running a team of three!

I plan on being at Ignite tomorrow, so if this game isn't totally nonexistent I'm down to play for a bit. Been a while since I've played anything face to face.

Hey Chicago thread, who among you are going to Frosty Faustings next month? I'm trying to figure out if I wanna go. Flights are hella cheap right now and I think I can get away with taking only one day off work so it looks like a good one to try to attend, I just wanna make sure when I get there there's gonna be anyone to play games with.

Reactions: IsaVulpes
Hey Chicago thread, who among you are going to Frosty Faustings next month? I'm trying to figure out if I wanna go. Flights are hella cheap right now and I think I can get away with taking only one day off work so it looks like a good one to try to attend, I just wanna make sure when I get there there's gonna be anyone to play games with.
I'm going and I'm pretty sure every other Chicago player is going too.

I'm going and I'm pretty sure every other Chicago player is going too.
Cool, alright I think I'm in there then.

I'm feeling the urge again. Not eating around there tho. Good lord, I'll either end up dead or destitute if I do.

Reactions: fenster
I think there's a strong chance that I'm going down and I'd love to play with everyone. Plans aren't final for the upcoming future though so I'm not sure yet. I was really counting/hoping @E. Dee would be driving down so I could hook up with you maybe for a ride.

Reactions: Kai
I think there's a strong chance that I'm going down and I'd love to play with everyone. Plans aren't final for the upcoming future though so I'm not sure yet. I was really counting/hoping @E. Dee would be driving down so I could hook up with you maybe for a ride.

Sorry dude. I've been trying to figure out a way to go since the date was announced. My winter break ends a week before so it's a really inconvenient time for me. If it were during that time I'd be able to go no problem. But since I'll be at school, I don't have a car and the bus I would take to get to Chicago isn't in service on that Friday. So unless something comes up I don't think I can go.

I'll definitely be around for casuals. I might enter too, depending on how I feel.

Someone Level 5 Resurrect LaSombra's desire to play.

Does anyone play SG at GGA these days? If not, I can bring a setup this Friday if anyone wants to play.

I think there'll be people that up to playing with you, but idk. I know Hero is looking into it but wants to wait for beo.

I think there'll be people that up to playing with you, but idk. I know Hero is looking into it but wants to wait for beo.

Aight. Thanks for the heads up. I'll also try the Facebook group. In my experience though people don't usually play unless I know someone is going to be there beforehand who is going to play, and I don't want to hog a setup if no one will play. Then again last time I was there was months ago. I might go for other games anyway but I'll definitely go if people will play SG.

Hey, is anyone going go the EXP Civil War Tournament? I got roped into going by Indy Marvel guys, but if anyone else wanted to come by, there's apparently a $50 pot bonus for SG which is neat and I'd like some company there.

Hey, is anyone going go the EXP Civil War Tournament? I got roped into going by Indy Marvel guys, but if anyone else wanted to come by, there's apparently a $50 pot bonus for SG which is neat and I'd like some company there.
What time does it start? I didn't know about this until now but I might be able to drive down there last minute.

Tourney starts at 5, but it says registration for SG ends at 4:30.

9 entrants, tonight

1st - Duckator
2nd - Fenster
3rd - Kai

@Duckator pls get on social media, lol

just use twitter like I do, as a SG chat room

I couldn't make it today, but I'll do my best to getting to more events when I can.

@fenster
GJ! From watching, you don't tap assists enough (c.HP->jump at least, or like L Shot) and you don't throw enough. Don't be scared, he's just a duck.

Reactions: gllt
Hey Big thanks to you guys who showed up impromptu, and I'm glad it wasn't just myself there! I dunno how often I'll be able to come down to future monthly stuff but there's a good chance I may catch more rides with the marvel, and hopefully next time I get the other guys better practiced in SG too.

Also kind of sad we didn't get to setup anything on that spongebob monitor :P

@fenster
GJ! From watching, you don't tap assists enough (c.HP->jump at least, or like L Shot) and you don't throw enough. Don't be scared, he's just a duck.

A lot of times I tried to tap assists they ended up weird (admittedly I tried cLK cHP and got hit by shuriken, when I should've done launcher), like as Parasoul a lot of my jump back jHPs I did were me trying to hit assists. It was definitely something I was trying to do a lot, though I guess I needed to do it better.

You're definitely right about me not throwing. I was autopiloting a lot of normal approaches and stuff that I thought worked on Duck before and I wasn't adapting when he upped his defense. And eventually yeah I ended up dashing in with clk too many times and ended up getting hit by assists, so I perfectly blame my own lack of not adapting to his defense.

At least I'm glad people watched, even if it's a set I feel I did poorer than normal on :( (I'll get you next time Duck, haha).

The legendary Spongebob Monitor at EXP. It's a blessing to even see it.

I keep an eye on this thread, for the weeklies or when the next local happens. I be in Chicago on Sept.1-6 due to my dad taking me there as a grad present, as well as going to Green Bay for a packers game (yes I am a Green Bay Packers fan), but yea if I can make it to a local out there, that be cool :)

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I'm always in Chicago because I kinda live here
I can get anywhere within unreasonable walking distance from the any of the CTA train stops

Reactions: Senjin
Well I dunno what any of you guys would normally do for locals if there are any meetups, but EXP said that they have weeklies stuff and I'm sure if people wanted they could go there.

I'm always in Chicago because I kinda live here
I can get anywhere within unreasonable walking distance from the any of the CTA train stops
Basically my exact situation. Although I've been out of town for the past two weeks, so I couldn't have made this anyways =/