• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA COLORADO SG COMMUNITY

D Jones

Unoff. Asst. CO SG Rep In Charge of Scene Growth™
Reaction score
Steam
d_jones_2009
PSN
givehertheDjones
XBL
d jones 2009
YES PEOPLE ACTUALLY PLAY THIS GAME HERE!
And if YOU TOO are one of those fortunate people, and are more interested in meeting up with other players/generating hype for events/getting your name out there
THIS IS THE PLACE TO DO IT!!

Even if you're not in CO but are possibly willing to make the trek, let us know!
Skullgirls is gaining momentum here in CO, in fact the last tourney we had included the largest number of SG entrants EVER, and was one of the largest tournaments at the event!
We hope to keep this trend up, and hope you do too. But we can't keep this scene growing without more people
The players here are all friendly and include a range of skill levels, from just beginning to EVO worthy. So no matter how much you play or want to get better, there will always be competition for you.
We all have fun and none of us would take this game seriously enough that we would be throwing sticks and cursing you out of the venue if you're playing doublecock.
So feel free to come to any event, even if you don't feel like playing competitively or just want to discuss the game with fellow fans... However, my goal IS to sow a competitive, tournament worthy community here in Colorado. So even if you're unsure about entering the competitive fighting game scene now, hopefully after the first couple of meetups you'll see how great it can be, and want to become a part of it yourself!

Extrafresh League & Safehouse, gatherings every Thursday: >LINK<

Fox and Hound meetings: I'll get the location and times soon, but rest assured, there is something for you springs players.

If you want to hold your own thing or have any other questions, feel free to say something as well!
GET HYPE!

Borderline Necro here.

I'm from Wyoming (there are actually two of us). Ft Collins is easiest, but Denver would occasionally be doable.

Anything still happening in CO?

ACTUALLY
We just got the OK to hold a skullgirls tournament at an event coming up on the 21st, hopefully there will be at least 10 of us. Here's a link to the event. If you're going to come over for any skullgirls thing, this would be the time. Since we rarely do anything skullgirls.

Actually... that might work.

I think I was supposed to be in Denver that weekend anyway.

Reactions: D Jones
Awesome! Hope to see you there, sounds like we're gonna have lots of good competition.

Cool. Is it 10 at the door or 10 at the door and 10 for the game?

I didn't see any mention of SG on the Facebook page. Pretty small community I'm guessing? Too bad my SFIV, KoF, and BB are bad to non-existent.

Yeah SG is gonna be a "side tournament" ideally we'll still have a stream provided by us. but its 10 at the door and either 5-10 for the sg tournament, depending if people arent willing to pay 10

Sorry we didnt see ya man

Yeah me too. I got into Denver way late. Do you have any uploads of the event? How was it?

Hey you guys. Are you still active? We've got a tournament coming up in October that we want to be more than just our monthly. So I'm wondering if any of you fine gents would be interested in coming to K.O. on October 25th. It's a semi-annual/maybe annual n the future series.

The last couple of K.O. tournaments were about twice as big as our monthly Maxout series, but I'd like it to be bigger in the SkullGirls department. Waddya say? If interested, reply here or in the Kansas City/ St. Louis thread. I'll try to get you more details real soon.

So, are most of you guys just situated around the Denver area, because I've been trying to find a somewhat close local scene for a while in colorado.

I'm from Wyoming and was only in contact with D Jones briefly, so all or some of what I'm about to say is probably not 100% accurate.

It sounds like the majority of the scene is in Denver. It is very, very small. It is not very active.

CO's largest FG scene is KOF (this one I'm definitely not 100% sure on).

Whoops I honestly completely forgot about this thread, sorry. Skullgirls really isn't played at locals anymore, sorry to say. In the rare event theres a SG tourney in CO i'll probably be there though. Otherwise you can find out more about the co FGC and where we meet at extrafresh.net

Fuck, I looked at all the meetings they had, and I'd have to skip school and work just to go to them. rip me

Wow, I had no idea there were others. Usually Skullgirls is associated closely with tumbleweeds on the internet in general, and in the secluded wastelands of Colorado, it's rare to see anyone else who's even heard of it.
I'm not a tournaments kind of guy, but I'm all for spreading the word about good games. So far I've gotten a grand total of 2 people to buy the game.
I've been considering cosplay at Denver Comicon, but as a male who doesn't enjoy cross-dressing, my options are limited. I've been attempting to get my friend's saxophone, which would be stuck to my back for a big band cosplay, but WOW would a Big Band cosplay be tough to attempt. I've never done serious cosplay before anyway.
Beo could work, but he may be too ambiguous to really get anything more than sideways glances at my exposed man-breasts.
Anyway, this community won't build itself. Try to spread awareness in any way you can.T- shirts work well, I find.

Let's see if I can't do a Valentine Level 5 on this thread. I live in the Greeley area but go to Denver occasionally. Is anyone in this thread still around? Where can I find some community?

I'm up in Laramie, so I can't speak directly to Colorado, but as far as I know... there is no SG scene in the area.

FoCo, Cheyenne, and Denver all have FG communities (of various sizes, of course), but I think that KoF, SFIV, and possibly an anime like GG are the only games being played en mass.

With all of the changes, you might could talk people into picking it up if you start joining up with the community, but I don't think you're going to find an SG community otherwise.

Hey, I'm over in SLC Utah. We have a pretty great Smash community but that's about it. A friend and I are trying to get a SG scene going or at least find other individuals close enough to conceivably play some day. If something pops up in Denver we may be able to make it over so let me know if anything happens.

Here's my steam. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Stimpyrules/
Here's a Facebook group I just threw together. https://www.facebook.com/groups/104686779880921/