• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Countervenom/Prescription vs. Armor

Izzmo

EVO Champ 2014
Reaction score
Steam
id/laserskirt
Valentine Unknown Eliza
Val's lvl 2 is a neat and fun and all, but why doesn't it break armor, when it removes invincibilities.

Prescription vs. an armored move forces you to start your counterhit combo with a throw or something that is not cr,HP, or to avoid the move and start the combo differently (like neutraljump j.HP vs, LnL), leaving you open to supers, among other weird situations.
Countervenom does measly damage and forces you to still block SSJ and Diamonds. Vs. LnL it's weird. Sometimes you get the big damage and knockback, sometimes you don't. You never get the big damage vs. Brass, and even the small damage doesn't show up in the attack data (it depletes the lifebar though) in training mode (maybe this is helpful?).

It's... weird and doesn't seem right, but idk if it's a bug or an oversight or there are reasons for it.

s.MP followup

Prescription is ok not to remove armor, since you can deal with it with s.MP or even c.MP.

BUTT Countervenom SHOULD break armor, since it already wastes 2 meter, and if you counter something like SSJ or DAF, you just receive a big penis in your ass, because you've wasted 2 meters, their armor went through AND you took extra damage because of counterhit. It happens with Painwheel's lvl 3 too.

I reported this to mike once. Said it was a bug, and that he'd eventually fix it. That was months ago. But the current work around is to break the armor with s.mp, or throw (esp against Bella lvl3). The interesting thing is the combo counter won't start until all of the armor is broken, and they will continue to stay frozen until all of the armor is broken, or till the prescription effect wears off.

Honestly, this needs to happen because landing that move is hard enough only to have it snuffed by painwheel's air super and on top of that i have to waste meter to use car in order to make it safe

Prescription is ok not to remove armor, since you can deal with it with s.MP or even c.MP.

BUTT Countervenom SHOULD break armor, since it already wastes 2 meter, and if you counter something like SSJ or DAF, you just receive a big penis in your ass, because you've wasted 2 meters, their armor went through AND you took extra damage because of counterhit. It happens with Painwheel's lvl 3 too.

This is a bad example because I'm pretty sure I can be SSJ'd for it, but there may be situations where you'll get a CH undizzy bonus.

@Hilary No, you wouldn't get super jump canceled, you'd eat a full super and lose the venom after

@Hilary No, you wouldn't get super jump canceled, you'd eat a full super and lose the venom after
... SSJ stands for Supersonic Jazz.

You can't even s.lp (6 frames startup) after Countervenom against BB