• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

CPS2 styled themes for Skullgirls characters by Wizzywhipitwonderful

Just a few characters left, everyone! If my memory serves me right, the few left are
Ottomo
Regina
Beatrix
Juju

Would you all like for me to do a concept theme for Mother?

I hope that these themes will make your experience more enjoyable with Skullgirls!
Mother, you mean that third god we sorta see in Double's ending? You can if you want to, but none of us even know really what she looks like. You're also forgetting Samson. But, if you're strapped for Skullgirls characters to do stuff on, there's always these guys.
There's this Dragon guy.
tumblr_inline_mm8l90uYqe1qz4rgp.png

There's the past Skullgirl, Parasoul and Umbrella's mother.
Nancy.jpg

There's also King Renoir, Parasoul and Umbrella's dad. He has a Sleepy Hollow thing going on with his head.
tumblr_inline_mm8l8suNqX1qz4rgp.png

There's this Spiderleg girl.
Spiderlegs-2-skullgirls-32190314-526-824.jpg

There's also Myrine, another Gigan like Scythana.
sad_034___regicide_by_russai-d574p9w.png

Edit: Oh yeah, and I forgot this one.
265px-SG_no_evil_01.gif

Just a few characters left, everyone! If my memory serves me right, the few left are
Ottomo
Regina
Beatrix
Juju

I hope that these themes will make your experience more enjoyable with Skullgirls!

I can't wait for Ottomo's theme. He definitely has a lot of avenues to explore; A refined AI and an unrefined drunkard piloting a robot, an intelligent scientist who decided to go rogue, the fact that he fights through dance moves, etc.

Mother isn't really a known character so I'm not sure about making a theme for her, but you could always try for Mike's original request, making CPS2 versions of Skullgirls' actual music... Or refining the themes you've already made based on feedback you've gotten. Up to you!

Reactions: CHAOS_FANTAZY
Ottomo
Regina
Beatrix
Juju

If you can do a theme for mother, go for it.

When did that happen?
Ages ago? I remember Alex saying he didn't know what to do for George the Dragon Slayer and Spiderlegs was just not canon anymore? Can someone help here?

Ages ago? I remember Alex saying he didn't know what to do for George the Dragon Slayer and Spiderlegs was just not canon anymore? Can someone help here?
It doesn't matter too much, I trust that you aren't just pulling shit out your ass.

You can if you want to, but none of us even know really what she looks like.
Trinity_Statue.jpg

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Trinity_Statue.jpg

To quote our favorite little cyborg girl: "Euuuuugh..."

Now that I look at her face a bit more, if you fill out the not skeleton part, it might look like Double in her nun form (so maybe nun Double is what Mother "looks like" to the human eye). Then again, like Venus, they likely all have "true and unfathomable" forms that turn you to mush if you look at or even try to think about them that way. Welp, this isn't the speculation thread so I'll stop all that. Instead, have some remixed Peacock. I like the extra little cartoon sounds around 1:34, very nice.

Last edited:
Who?

Peacock sometimes says "Euuuugh...." when switching with Double.

That would be great.
You probably have it figured out by now but given her special status, how about sliding a classical music excerpt into the tune? I'd say Ode to Joy just for the irony of it (and Mother probably fancying herself a savior). Just a idle musing...

But, if you're strapped for Skullgirls characters to do stuff on, there's always these guys.
tvwuGES.gif

Indeed.

Btw, the Wisp King is no longer a thing either. I know. It sucks. Alex dun goofed. :/

Btw, the Wisp King is no longer a thing either. I know. It sucks. Alex dun goofed. :/
Actually, it's Parasoul's papa, so there's no word on him being alive or not, I think the headless wisp isn't canon anymore?

I know. We discussed this in other pastures. Franz's current status is "Schrödinger" - both alive and dead, it all depends on Alex wanting to bring him into the story or not.
But yes, the wisp head concept seems to have been scrapped entirely. I personally think it's a shame because I liked the idea, especially if he became a potential playable character one day - this towering headless king armed with a umbrella of razor blade ribs would certainly be a memorable figure.
And in terms of story, I like the idea of Franz locking himself up to hide his current state that is probably a curse brought by Nancy's fate. But I digress...far too much. (__)

I know. We discussed this in other pastures. Franz's current status is "Schrödinger" - both alive and dead, it all depends on Alex wanting to bring him into the story or not.
But yes, the wisp head concept seems to have been scrapped entirely. I personally think it's a shame because I liked the idea, especially if he became a potential playable character one day - this towering headless king armed with a umbrella of razor blade ribs would certainly be a memorable figure.
And in terms of story, I like the idea of Franz locking himself up to hide his current state that is probably a curse brought by Nancy's fate. But I digress...far too much. (__)
What the fuck, I love that.
I want wisp king now.

Reactions: Denizen
I honestly wish we could get a lot more from Wizzy given we had more characters to make themes for. But hey, there are always... uh... always... fan characters? Nah, I got nothin.

I'm not happy
There isn't any more videos coming out that are Skullgirls related
That is the sad part of it