• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

CPS2 styled themes for Skullgirls characters by Wizzywhipitwonderful

HERE WE GO AGAIN

THE ONLY THEME THAT MATTERS

Edit: I've updated the first pose with Leduc and Feng's themes, go listen to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS?

EXCUSE YOU BUT

HWATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

YEah... I'm not gonna lie... these are phenomenal. I'd give my left testicle (and by that I mean, you know, money) to be able to switch over the SG soundtrack to these tunes and have them switch out on character death, classic style. I love Michiru Yamane's work, but these themes just get me in the mood to fight...
... digitally of course... in the game...

I guess what I'm saying is, don't punch homeless people. Anyway great themes!

I'm liking that Feng theme a lot X3

/YO/ just sayin, the theme for Painwheel fits the character perfectly. I'm a huge sucker for this kind of music, so i'm loving all of these

@Clawson Bombs - Thank you for sharing the Feng theme with everyone here!
@Denizen - Because I've always focused on good music; it is essential and has been a staple with fighting games, so I bring that sound you love to hear!
@MyLifeIsAnRPG - Glad that you like the music!
@Night Phyre - Good to see that you liked that!
@Cybermanworf - Thank you!

@Domo - Painwheel theme is one I listen to daily; I actually workout to that theme right along with Panzerfaust's theme. The sample of Painwheel yelling makes it even more enjoyable.

Still working on Making fixes to Eliza's theme; Minette's theme is up as well.

Dude, you crank these out quick, and they're all pretty damn good.

You wanna make a character theme for an OC of mine? I'll pay you in macarons.

Finally got a chance to pop into this thread. As always Wizzy, you make good stuff. Dang, the Annie theme is good, also loving the Brain Drain theme. Going to listen to all of these when I can.

Wizzy, your work is pretty sharp. After seeing Worldjem's videos edited with your themes in them they've grown on me heaps. Here's my two cents on your work;

Your strongest themes for Skullgirls characters are:

Filia, Fukua, Valentine, Cerebella(old arrangement), Painwheel, Double, Marie, Mrs. Victoria/D.Violet, Andy, Annie(This one by far is the best imo), Scythana, Brain Drain, Black Dahlia, Panzerfaust, Ileum(Starting 0:35), Anais.

Since they sound like they capture the old school videogamey spirit the most accurately, by having solid memorable hooks/motifs(I don't music so I'm guessing terminology) that establish themselves quick, and stick in your brain. I believe that if more of your compositions went in that sort of direction, I just might jizz in my pants.

Also, more XvSF and SFA3 samples! Those games had bitchin soundtracks.

Annie's theme is really REALLY amazing because it contains a bit of the actual theme made for the Annie fangame.
WHY ARE THESE SO GOOD?
Dang, the Annie theme is good...
Annie(This one by far is the best imo)
I'm glad that @KikaiderKaiser chose to CPS2-ify my composition, and I just wanna remind people of the fact that you can hear more of my music here, as well as in my signature. If you like my music through the lens (speaker?) of another musician, maybe you'll like it directly from me, too :)

I'm glad that @KikaiderKaiser chose to CPS2-ify my composition, and I just wanna remind people of the fact that you can hear more of my music here, as well as in my signature. If you like my music through the lens (speaker?) of another musician, maybe you'll like it directly from me, too :)

And it was definitely a pleasure to draw inspiration from you!
You set the tone, and I followed the flow! Please, go here, and check out more great music!

I'll post the links to your music in my vids! Let's get more people listnening! If you're in need of another retro eargasm, he's the man for the job!!!

@KikaiderKaiser, if you don't mind me asking, what do you use to make these compositions? I just skimmed through the thread, so if you answered this question already, whoops.

@KikaiderKaiser, if you don't mind me asking, what do you use to make these compositions? I just skimmed through the thread, so if you answered this question already, whoops.

Well, I'm an FL Studio Power User (FruityLoops), and I use a program called Goldwave to access the sound files from CPS2 MAME ROMS. I also slice them in FL, and the rest is history.

Well, I'm an FL Studio Power User (FruityLoops), and I use a program called Goldwave to access the sound files from CPS2 MAME ROMS. I also slice them in FL, and the rest is history.
Goodlord, that sounds like a ot of work to get new sounds.
and you pump out these tracks in like, 2-4 each day or something. Bravo.

Well, it's not when you love music; I usually sit a day aside to slice (which is incredibly easy with FL Studio), and the compositions usually take 45 minutes....usually no big problems.

Make that shit jazzy.
She is a lounge singer after all!

Jazzy, you say? You got it!
coming right up!

Well, it's not when you love music; I usually sit a day aside to slice (which is incredibly easy with FL Studio), and the compositions usually take 45 minutes....usually no big problems.

Jazzy, you say? You got it!
coming right up!
Ah, I getcha, sorta with my art. Give me a few hours and I could probably cook something up lol.

Brb. Had too many Eargasms and too much hype.

Can't believe I'd forgot about checking the channel today. Thanks for the heads up, Zidiane.
Unless I'm forgetting anyone Umbrella, Stanley, Hubrecht, Regina, Beatrix, Ottomo, Yu-Wan, Molly and Samson seem to be the only ones missing. At the rate these are being churned out, I honestly thought we were missing less. It's all good.

I really like Minette's theme. It brings me some mad JP/EU Sonic CD nostalgia.

And of course, the re-arrangement of Eliza's theme is amazing. It well balances all of the character's aspects. Once more, my heartfelt complements to the composer. <(__)>

For a bit of critique and just my humble opinion, while I really like Taliesin's theme, I think it kinda misses representing the character's serial killer vibe. Don't really now how to musically capture that but I think Clock Tower's OST got pretty close.

@Zidiane - I've got staying power! I won't rest until they're all finished!
@SHODAN - Thank you, thank you so much!
@Balder - Thank you for all the positive feedback, Eliza's theme is being played more often in my household; I have my foundations for the few characters that I have left. Thank you for the insight! I'll be sure to give this composition the proper care!

For how quickly he's cranking these out, they sound pretty dang good! Some could use polish, but I've been having most of them on loop in a playlist for the last few hours.

Squigly, Big Band, Marie and Brain Drain's in particular are pretty great.

I absolutely love this theme, i cant even describe it in words

Damn, this theme gets me hype.

Hive's Playstyle: "The overheads! No, not the overheads! They're getting in my eyes, my eyes....arrrrrghghgpfpghhh!"

Minette! I personally like this one, it sounds so relaxing!

Cant wait to see what new things you add to Eliza's theme :D

Yes.

Oh yes.

*imagines self relaxing at Yu-Wan's Beach Branch of the restaurant in the summer*

>Reaches down to pick up drink
>Picks up Fortune's head instead
>What the-
>head laughs, leaps out of my grip and returns to Fortune
>Minette runs over and apologizes profusely while I constantly insist it's alright

Last edited:
I made a playlist on youtube with all the themes. I'll add any new ones that come out.

@Immaevilspacewhale you can add this to the OP if you want.

I dont mean to be a bother, Zidiane, but could you have the songs in order? That way people can experience the full ride B)

I dont mean to be a bother, Zidiane, but could you have the songs in order? That way people can experience the full ride B)
Sure, no problem. But, order of what? Order of production? Cause a few of them have been redone and are after other ones in production line even though they were made first. I guess I could do order of characters created and then IGG character reveals.

Any which way you slice it, just give me the order and I can put them like that.

Sure, no problem. But, order of what? Order of production? Cause a few of them have been redone and are after other ones in production line even though they were made first. I guess I could do order of characters created and then IGG character reveals.

Any which way you slice it, just give me the order and I can put them like that.

Have the main cast first, in order of the OP and for the DLC characters, do them in order of the IGG reveals. Thanks!

Five missing characters, but they're ordered so far. I'll order them again when/if the last ones get done. Also, you neglected to mention Fukua and Anais in your ordering process. I put Fukua after Big Band and Anais at the end.

Just a few characters left, everyone! If my memory serves me right, the few left are
Ottomo
Regina
Beatrix
Juju

Would you all like for me to do a concept theme for Mother?

I hope that these themes will make your experience more enjoyable with Skullgirls!

Reactions: Muro